VipPimRingTone(8.9.0.0) An Application to assign ringtone based on Category

Search This thread

hyper180

Oct 13, 2007
How to install VipPim Ringtone?

I went to the web site and download the file, use ein rar to open it and nothing happened,. What is the procedure to install the program?

Jussonice

Aug 2, 2007
Do you know if you could add support for .wma files? For me it did not pick up any .wma's and since i try to conserve space i converted all my mp3's into them. Thanks in advance.

programatix

May 17, 2005
Error when trying to get Categories in WM2003se

File or assembly name 'Microsoft.WindowsMobile.PocketOutlook,...' was not found.

programatix

May 17, 2005
How about saving the selected ringtone for the categories in its own database (text file can do it). This way, we know which ringtone is assigned to which category. If at anytime we want to reapply the ringtone, we can just reapply it. Sometimes we need to do this after adding several new contacts.

Thanks.

padawan

Nov 2, 2006
Pit in basement...
How about assigning unique ringtone to incoming sms BY contact or does this already have the capability?

Ringtone by contact for calls- got it.
ringtone by contact for incoming sms- ???

Any ideas?

Seems like something that should already be in contact setup.

ricardo.m73

Nov 5, 2007
Does it work on SmarthPones?

v3patel outstandig program. Exactly what I was looking for... :D

Just a question: Does is work on SmathPhones? I installed on my HTC s310 and It did't work, but in my i-mate Jama... 5 stars!!!

Thansk in advance,

Ricardo.M

v3patel

Mar 1, 2007
Not supported for Smart phone as it needed .netCF latest version

Not supported for Smart phone as it needed .netCF latest version.
From rest I got few enhancement request and I will have a new version out shortly.

v3patel

Mar 1, 2007
It works for me for wma, mp3, wav

Do you know if you could add support for .wma files? For me it did not pick up any .wma's and since i try to conserve space i converted all my mp3's into them. Thanks in advance.

.wma support is there I can see wma files in my list. R u using version 3.9?
if yes and still does not work can you change your file extention to lower case .wma and then try. I am sure it is not case sensitive but just want to check it out for better support.

v3patel

Mar 1, 2007
Added new version

Version 4.2
- better Error looging on importing ringtone
- Support for wma ringtones
- added Some new folders

samm1e

Nov 24, 2006
I think it is greatest app.. I've tried on my WM6 Kaiser Ringo Mobile, MRing, MortRing..but nothing works... The main advantage is in your simple algorytm simply changes ringtone in addressbook...

Please do not overwork...Do not try to make photocontacts or something like this...You made a simple & great app...Thank you very much

caveman_78

Feb 7, 2007
Spain
Great app!, I've tried it whe I was on NET 3.0, but on .NET 3.5 it doesn't works. Please make a new version for the latest .NET

v3patel

Mar 1, 2007
wokrs fine on Tilt (kaiser) with dutty's rom which uses .net 3.5

Great app!, I've tried it whe I was on NET 3.0, but on .NET 3.5 it doesn't works. Please make a new version for the latest .NET

It wokrs fine on Tilt (kaiser) with dutty's rom which uses .net 3.5. What error you are getting? then i can trouble shoot.

dmellos

Aug 23, 2007
Wonderful APP: HELP Needed

Dear Guys,

I have the HTC S730 Smartphone and for some reason this app does not run on the phone .. please do help...::(

v3patel

Mar 1, 2007
Please let me know what error you are getting

Dear Guys,

I have the HTC S730 Smartphone and for some reason this app does not run on the phone .. please do help...::(

Please provide some screen shot if possible or somthing to go further looking into application.

Solution : Please make sure you ahve .netcf installed on your ppc.

dmellos

Aug 23, 2007
Hi if I try to install .netCF2.0, I get a message during the installation it exists in the ROM, should I use .netCF 3.5 ????

I shall try to get you some screen info of the problems from the detail... here it goes...
" NotSupportException

at

Microsoft.AGL.Common.MISC.HandleAr()

at

System.Windows.Forms.Control._InitInstance()

"

Wow.. it very big .. is there any way I can get the dump from the phone and send it to you.

Sanjay

v3patel

Mar 1, 2007
I have tested with .netcf2.0 and it has worked.

Hi if I try to install .netCF2.0, I get a message during the installation it exists in the ROM, should I use .netCF 3.5 ????

I shall try to get you some screen info of the problems from the detail... here it goes...

Sanjay
I have tested with .netcf2.0 and it has worked. plus no other user have same issue so it is harder for me to debug issue. but if you can try .netcf3.5 that will be good as well. Also One person in past have reported issue with regional setting which i have not yet worked on. Please look in previous post and see you not have same issue.

dmellos

Aug 23, 2007
Hi back.. installed .netcf3.5 same problem..

Please do remember my phone is an HTC S730, original software from HTC.

The complete dump is as follows:
"NotSupportException

at Microsoft.AGL.Common.MISC.HandleAr()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control._InitInstance()

at System.Windows.Form.Control..ctor()

at System.Windows.Form.ListControl..ctor()

at System.Windows.Form.ListBox..ctor()

at VIPPimRingTone.FrmMain.InitializeComponent()

at VIPPIMRingTone.Program.Main()

"

There that completes the Error I get in Details.

My Regional settings is English (United Kingdom)

Hope this helps...

- Sanjay

v3patel

Mar 1, 2007
In you phone do you have \windows\Ring directory

Hi back.. installed .netcf3.5 same problem..

Please do remember my phone is an HTC S730, original software from HTC.

The complete dump is as follows:
"NotSupportException

at Microsoft.AGL.Common.MISC.HandleAr()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control._InitInstance()

at System.Windows.Form.Control..ctor()

at System.Windows.Form.ListControl..ctor()

at System.Windows.Form.ListBox..ctor()

at VIPPimRingTone.FrmMain.InitializeComponent()

at VIPPIMRingTone.Program.Main()

"

There that completes the Error I get in Details.

My Regional settings is English (United Kingdom)

Hope this helps...

- Sanjay

In you phone do you have \windows\Ring directory. If not then create one dire and put atleast one .mp3 file in that diretory and then try

dmellos

Aug 23, 2007
Hi there,

The device has the folder Windows\Ring inside as well as as wma files, I also added an mp3 as suggested... same errors. Does not work :(

- Sanjay