help me please

Search This thread

spencerj2001

Aug 21, 2010
I have messed up my tablet, my tablet is rooted i went and replaced couple of the system apps by using root explorer and that completely made my system go crazy so i then did a system reset and now i keep getting unfortunately, setup wizard had stopped and i cant go anywhere from there. my boot loader is not unlocked. is there any way to reinstall the stock ROM like from adb or something. please any help is appreciated. I have also tried to reset the rom by holding down power and vol down and wipe data from there, and still the same thing. when i plug it in the computer i am still able to see the transformer so i can transfer files to and from the transformer i just cant get it passed the welcome screen.

Swiftks

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 16, 2011
The Woodlands, TX
I have messed up my tablet, my tablet is rooted i went and replaced couple of the system apps by using root explorer and that completely made my system go crazy so i then did a system reset and now i keep getting unfortunately, setup wizard had stopped and i cant go anywhere from there. my boot loader is not unlocked. is there any way to reinstall the stock ROM like from adb or something. please any help is appreciated. I have also tried to reset the rom by holding down power and vol down and wipe data from there, and still the same thing. when i plug it in the computer i am still able to see the transformer so i can transfer files to and from the transformer i just cant get it passed the welcome screen.

Does adb on your computer see your device, since it's not fully booted?

Connect your tablet with USB cable.
On your PC, in the same folder as your adb files, open a command prompt in that location (shift+right click).
Type "adb devices" and see if yours come up as connected.

I doubt it will though, sounds like how I bricked my first prime, when I pushed a deodexed framework to it.

Might also want to try looking in the Dev section, under the how to unbrick your device thread, and see if you can attempt to revert to a different firmware via installing a blob file, but if you can't access your internal or external SD cards, to read/write the blob file (b/c your device won't fully boot) you may be SOL.

Next time unlock the boot loader first an make a nandroid backup, before messing w/ system files, that way you can easily restore. If your still in your 30 day window of purchase, you might consider a quick return/swap... would be the eaisest thing to do.

Sent from my CM7 Atrix 4G

spencerj2001

Aug 21, 2010
no adb does not see my device but i can access the internal sd card

Does adb on your computer see your device, since it's not fully booted?

Connect your tablet with USB cable.
On your PC, in the same folder as your adb files, open a command prompt in that location (shift+right click).
Type "adb devices" and see if yours come up as connected.

I doubt it will though, sounds like how I bricked my first prime, when I pushed a deodexed framework to it.

Might also want to try looking in the Dev section, under the how to unbrick your device thread, and see if you can attempt to revert to a different firmware via installing a blob file, but if you can't access your internal or external SD cards, to read/write the blob file (b/c your device won't fully boot) you may be SOL.

Next time unlock the boot loader first an make a nandroid backup, before messing w/ system files, that way you can easily restore. If your still in your 30 day window of purchase, you might consider a quick return/swap... would be the eaisest thing to do.

Sent from my CM7 Atrix 4G

jcoleridge

Mar 29, 2012
Milan
i did exactly the same mistake: i uninstalled some system apps (the asus preinstalled apps, with titanium) without unlocking the bootloader, and after a wipe from the stock recovery i'm not able to go beyond setup configuration, it always stops. but i can see and use internal and external memory from my computer. did you find a solution?