Absolution Q&A

Search This thread

ashies7

Apr 29, 2011
Missouri
This ROM is awesome but I have question is there a way to change the orange color on it? I tried the themes but for some reason when the phone locks and I unlock it phone goes back to the orange theme and the widgets I make custom thru ADW return to stock.

Out zip themes?? Or theme Chooser ones?? And very strange about the icons.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium

ladiesgod

Jan 23, 2009
This is a little off topic but maybe someone here can help me. I was trying to flash the absolution ROM but used the ace hack kit first to boot to stock. Anyways as it was downgrading the radio( this is what it said on the command prompt) I disconnected it because it was taking forever. I figured something was wrong. Now when I turn my phone back on I just get the htc splash, and if I try to boot to recover all I get is the warning symbol. Am I screwed or can this be resovled? thank you!

cwhitney24

Jun 12, 2011
Daphne, AL
This is a little off topic but maybe someone here can help me. I was trying to flash the absolution ROM but used the ace hack kit first to boot to stock. Anyways as it was downgrading the radio( this is what it said on the command prompt) I disconnected it because it was taking forever. I figured something was wrong. Now when I turn my phone back on I just get the htc splash, and if I try to boot to recover all I get is the warning symbol. Am I screwed or can this be resovled? thank you!

Go back to the hack kit thread, look on the bottom of the first post. It says if you need help to hit up the irc or search the thread. That issue has been brought up in there. The guys on the hack kit irc are great. Go there for the help you seek.

Edit...wait, were you rooted already? Why were you tying to boot back to stock before flashing another rom? ?????

I got your 10 char right here

Last edited:

ladiesgod

Jan 23, 2009
Go back to the hack kit thread, look on the bottom of the first post. It says if you need help to hit up the irc or search the thread. That issue has been brought up in there. The guys on the hack kit irc are great. Go there for the help you seek.

Edit...wait, were you rooted already? Why were you tying to boot back to stock before flashing another rom? ?????

I flashed absolution aftef doing a thoro wipe and text messaging was very screwy. It would type numbers by itself.

So i figured it needed a flashback to stock then re root it.

ashies7

Apr 29, 2011
Missouri
I flashed absolution aftef doing a thoro wipe and text messaging was very screwy. It would type numbers by itself.

So i figured it needed a flashback to stock then re root it.

Oh no... no need to ever go back to stock on this phone... just a factory reset, a fresh dl and you should be set.

Reactions: rasroygbiv

fd4101

Jun 16, 2011
Jacksonville
Question for App

I don't know if this is appropriate for this forum. You guys seem really cool and quick to respond so i figured i would ask you all. I have been thinking of replacing my laptop for a tablet on the road, the thing holding me back is a keyboard. I really don't want to get a Keyboard dock. It kinda defeats the purpose and portability of the tablet. So my question is...is their a app for handwriting recognition that actually works, and have any of you had any experience with them.

rasroygbiv

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 31, 2010
Fredericksburg, VA
fromnerdstonoobs.com
Its the advent theme from OTA that wont hold so I tried ADW themes and widgets.

Put advent.zip on the root of your sd card. Boot into recovery, wipe cache and dalvik. Choose zip to flash, and be done... Should be no problems, as long as you have theme chooser set to system before you get started....

Reactions: Reinaldo33897

shelbyisagirlsname

Aug 7, 2011
CA & AL
ADW has been force closing like crazy the past 2 days. Any ideas?

Thanks!

EDIT: even after rebooting I instantly got struck with an ADW force close

Last edited:

MMM-BACONSTRIPS

Sep 7, 2011
Philadelphia
Is anyone having wifi or data drops? Had to restart phone. I then went to the lordmod kernel to see if it was just talonace kernel dropping it.

Anyway just came back into checking up on xda. After running Adam's rom and him leaving I was skeptic about leaving his rom. Glad to see the team still remains. Awesome job guys.

The whole reason I like Android is being able to customize my phone and you guys do an amazing job of letting me do it. No other rom lets me change the look of my phone like this.

I remember reading somewhere that LordMod BFS kernels are causing some issues with data drops and that CFS kernels are being recommended until they can figure out what's going on? I may be making that up though, but I remember seeing something along those lines..either way I'm using LordMod's Absolution with no problem what so ever!

gio22

Jan 17, 2011
Acworth, GA
I don't know if this is appropriate for this forum. You guys seem really cool and quick to respond so i figured i would ask you all. I have been thinking of replacing my laptop for a tablet on the road, the thing holding me back is a keyboard. I really don't want to get a Keyboard dock. It kinda defeats the purpose and portability of the tablet. So my question is...is their a app for handwriting recognition that actually works, and have any of you had any experience with them.

I'm not aware of any. Sorry.

Reactions: fd4101

cire216

Aug 10, 2011
Cleveland
Was trying to install netflix (blue) sand nothing happened, updated installer first... Do I have to have the market version installed pior to using the mod tools?

Sent from my Inspire 4G

rasroygbiv

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 31, 2010
Fredericksburg, VA
fromnerdstonoobs.com
Was trying to install netflix (blue) sand nothing happened, updated installer first... Do I have to have the market version installed pior to using the mod tools?

Sent from my Inspire 4G

It takes a few minutes for it to do it's thing. If the console didn't pop up telling you it was done, you didn't let it finish. It doesn't matter if you have Netflix installed or not.

Reactions: cire216

cire216

Aug 10, 2011
Cleveland
It takes a few minutes for it to do it's thing. If the console didn't pop up telling you it was done, you didn't let it finish. It doesn't matter if you have Netflix installed or not.

Alright, thanks for the prompt reply. Gonna reboot and give it another run.

Edit: so I tried again, console came up. And quickly came up "finished, return value is 127"... Let it sit for a few and nothing. Any ideals?

Sent from my Inspire 4G

Last edited:

dsmitty166

Aug 31, 2010
Sioux Center, Iowa
Alright, thanks for the prompt reply. Gonna reboot and give it another run.

Edit: so I tried again, console came up. And quickly came up "finished, return value is 127"... Let it sit for a few and nothing. Any ideals?

Sent from my Inspire 4G

Sounds like you have an old version. Is everything updated?

Reactions: rasroygbiv

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *Important Update*

*Important Update*
    I have found yet another bug in Absolution Tools and Tweak.
    This has been a work in progress since I made it but I thought it was working as it should.
    I was wrong. It has not been removing the tweak settings properly upon resetting cpu clock settings in tools.
    That being said, it does now. As far as I can tell from just now testing it, everything works as it should. But I have said that before :p
    Please Update Absolution Tools now.
    If you are in a country that cannot download from the automatic download links please download Absolution Tools v7.3 from the OTA>Apps Section.
    Thanks!

flappjaxxx OUT!
    Ok, I will research the kitchen and give it a whirl. I love the ability to customize my phone the way I want it. If I didn't I would have never rooted it and started flashing... Plus I really don't want to go into a boot loop, I don't wear boots or loops anyway!

Thanks for your help, simply amazing how quick you guys reply and help.

No prob...that's what make us better than any other team on this site.

Don't forget the thanks button! :)

abso Bacon Mod
    Ras accounts for 84% of my thanks..I love that guy! :D

There is another thanks for you buddy! Thanks for helping support this thing. Its awesome to have great users throw in and help out. We have the best users around!

Absolution saved my phone, Reggae soothes my soul
    I have a question that is not a when or anything like that and even bringing this up may be taboo, and if that is the case just tell me to shutup and I won't think about it again until it happens.

So, I have been watching the ICS ROMs becoming available and the entailing conversations. With that I am anticipating CM9 more and more. Now I am wondering what you all (the Collective) think about CM9 and if you plan on moving Absolution to this and if so how you foresee this change effecting this ROM? Again this is not a question of when, but if and what to expect...

Totally up in the air right now. Leaning more to a more pure aosp build personally but that is not set in stone anywhere. We will decide as a team and announce when we start an ICS build.

Sent from A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!
    I love absolution and the work you guys do but I really like your blue stock abso theme from 3.3 and your blue wallpapers from 3.3. Any chance you can bring that stuff back and add it as options in absolution ota? Why remove extra options if the work is already done.

Its been said before...but I will say it again. Please give us a few days before asking about mods or add ons. A have just dropped a proverbial load here and need some time to recoup. If you knew how many hours were put into this over the weekend and yesterday, you would understand. That's time taken away from wife and kids who now deserve a little attention. Plus after any climax, a man wants to rest. Give us some time. I understand your like and want blue, but even tough the theme is done, its work. Which I ain't doing for a while. So, if you would like blue, feel free to stay on 3.3 for now...or, fine a thread in how to theme and bring it over.

Like Tupac said...I ain't mad atcha...just want some well deserved rest.

Sent from a phone.