The Biggest Issues and Gripes of the Galaxy Nexus?

Search This thread

johdaxx

Sep 24, 2010
My gripes -

1. Camera quality could be better.
2. Couldn't get the VPN support working on an IPSec VPN
3. I actually find the bulge and 3.5mm jack on the bottom, and the screen-on button on the side a little odd. Sometimes sorting that all out when it's in my pocket is a little of a pain...I'll be clicking away on the volume button trying to get the thing to turn on...just an artifact of its size.

But really, after having one from work for about 6 weeks and having to give it back, I went out and bought one with my own cash- ~$460 unlocked right now, this is a super phone, screen fantastic, battery life excellent, speed on ATT outstanding...haven't even had a need to mess with it.

Arrch

Jul 20, 2011
-screen: I love it. I apparently do not have microscopic eyes unlike other GNEX owner who can spot a pentile from a mile away during heavy fog. No burn ins, colors are amazingly vivid. Black is almost real black. White... could be more white. That's the only drawback I can think of, but the term drawback is actually an exaggeration.

What other smartphone did you have ?
Maybe it's because you're previous phone was also a Samsung that you think the GN's screen is amazing.

I've had a GN for 2 days, and I can swear that grainy screen really piss me off.
And I can't understand AT ALL why every one say AMOLED screens beat LCDs.
I have a HTC Desire Z and believe me, its screen is WAY better than the GN's.
And having ICS on it too, I was like WTH is that grainy background on every thing ?
Same with overall definition, my DZ is 252 ppi (3.7" screen 480x800px) whereas GN is like 316 ppi, I can definitely see that pixel edge on GN while I can't on the DZ.

I just don't know if I should send it back while I still can, and either stick to my DZ or think about the One X, or keep it.

Moreover, the 3 pin sounded really nice, but it seems like you can't find any dock that use those connectors.

Darn, my DZ beats 'em all >_<

crubbish

Mar 15, 2006
Moscow
I've had a GN for 2 days, and I can swear that grainy screen really piss me off.
Darn, my DZ beats 'em all >_<
Having an almost perfect eye-sight I can't see any 'grain' with my GN at all. In fact I believe GN has the best display available on the market atm. Glad you're in love with your DZ, it's quite obvious you should stick with it.

Arrch

Jul 20, 2011
Having an almost perfect eye-sight I can't see any 'grain' with my GN at all. In fact I believe GN has the best display available on the market atm. Glad you're in love with your DZ, it's quite obvious you should stick with it.

Seriously ? Are you that lucky dude who recieved the perfect GN while some got their fifth because of the lame screen ?
I have exactly the same thing as the first 2 pictures of this thread.
Let me know if you don't.

@rbiter

Dec 4, 2011
I think its media transfer protocol. Its how you interface and transfer data. Some people are bugged about it because the support for it isn't very good thus issues arise. A lot of people don't understand that the system is mounted on the internal storage and you can't mount it to your computer. USB mass storage isn't possible because there is no SD card. Mass storage can be faked by making a partition tricking USB that there is external storage. But that is a whole other issue. Mtp works fine if you have the right driver setup. It is slower overall than USB though.

bow chicka wow wow.

Jayrod1980

Feb 4, 2009
Far East
For people with amazing screens and those that complain there are differences in screens. I've found this to be the case with LCD too though. My first nexus, that I gave to my wife has a very bright screen that is pretty grainy. The resolution is nice but it is grainy and has some banding in low light. My second galaxy nexus is a bit dimmer but much sharper colors and no grain at all. No banding either. The only flaw is that one spot on the screen... where the left half of the keyboard in portrait view, is a little more yellow than the rest of the screen. A very minor detail. Other than that it is perfect. I think if you are considering buying this phone, that you buy now. Its an amazing phone and I think newer ones have less defects. No phone is perfect but the galaxy nexus is by far the best I've ever owned. I have a Korean made GSM yakju version by the way. Will only buy nexus line phones. My first android was the g1 which I had for over 2 years. After that I had the mytouch slide, Samsung vibrant, my touch 4g, nexus s (awesome phone too) and then finally the galaxy nexus. I bought the galaxy nexus after owning an ics equipped Nexus s and having my dad buy the Verizon galaxy nexus. He has bad vision and loves the big, high resolution screen. After seeing the screen, I had to get one for myself... albeit a GSM version. eventually I bought the wife one, and she loves it too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Jayrod1980

Feb 4, 2009
Far East
Oh forgot to mention battery life. With stock I averaged around 5 hours screen time and over a day off charger. With trinity kernel and 404, I get between 5 and 6 hours screen on time with the OEM 2000mah battery. This is great considering it is a high resolution samoled screen. The nexus s by comparison gets at least an hour less screen on time for me. Long live nexus!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

daTranquil

Dec 2, 2008
My GN is my second GN where the first one was unable to get a stable and accurate GPS fix.

The second one is much better but can not beat my NexusOne. GPS is really bad on GN.

zeke1988

Apr 9, 2010
there are better phone out there.

photo look washed out.
poor battery life
the browser..... use opera. chrome beta still need a lot more work to be my daily browser.

kaushikd

Apr 26, 2012
Bangalore
I can't understand why people are saying bad about the build quality! It seems fine to me. Atleast the weight it perfectly for a phone of its size.

Cmmts

Aug 4, 2010
Oulu
My biggest issue is with the display, it is in my opinion pure crap. Sure it is high resolution but tilting the device causes colors to change, and it can't produce uniform light colors in any setting.

My second biggest issue might have to be the camera along with the somewhat cheap feeling body compared to devices such as the iPhone 4/4s or Nokia Lumia 800/900.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is absolutely nothing I can complain about, as I come from a Nexus One. :p I'm not even entitled to complain.
    My complaints are more so concerning the Os as opposed to the phone itself. Sometimes my widgets stop working, Beautiful Home the time stays stuck and I have to reboot. And often times the YouTube widget will not load. I'm using ADW Launcher EX, don't know if that has anything to do with it but it happens. I have screen burn in too. Where the navigation bar is and the virtual buttons on the bottom of the phone. Whenever I watch a full screen video or movie it's noticeable, and it's hard to ignore once you notice it. I wish they would have put in a better GPU and not one that is 2 years old too because the longer I use the phone the more it lags don't know if it's the ram or GPU but it lags from time to time. And the reason Google hasn't fixed whatever needs to be fixed so it can be as smooth as Crapples IOs is beyond me. But it's better than the Nexus One. So I'm good until the Quad Core Nexus is released.

From my Sexii G Nexii 4.0.4

Nova launcher prime.

bow chicka wow wow.
    Ics still hiccups now and then. The app switcher can take anywhere from 3-6 seconds to load which is frustrating because for all androids ability to multitask versus iOS , I can still switch apps faster on an iPhone. Typing can sometimes still be a sore spot. The keyboard is improving vastly; its time they added custom auto corrections (aka shortcuts on iOS). Sometimes returning to the home screen causes all the icons to reload. this is especially true after browsing the web. Very frustrating and disappointing to see this happen.

And other things.

Wow. I don't have any of those problems. Not even close. Almost sounds like you get an iPhone.

bow chicka wow wow.