[Q] Help! I'm rooted but can't properly install clockwork or TWRP

Search This thread

Destinatus

Jun 21, 2012
My device is rooted. I tried installing clockwork but no image for my device. I tried installing TWRP but nothing happens when I reboot. I can't reboot into clockwork recovery mode or TWRP. Both immediately reboot to the LG screen after 1 second of the android. What am I doing wrong?

f_u_006

Jun 1, 2013
Hey,

Try this if the recovery is really installed (FOR SURE IF RECOVERY IS INSTALLED):
Shut down the phone and Hold the power button + volume down button until the LG image appears. Once it does let go of the buttons then immediately push and hold them again until recovery boots.

If not then

Visit this site for easiest and safest tutorial: www.lg-phones.org/clockworkmode-cwm-recovery-for-lg-g2.html

Hit thanks if this helped you.

zekurosu

Dec 2, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
are u using stock rom with root?

if so then the reboot option will always only reboot the phone, not reboot to recovery of choice.

try third party app that has option to reboot to recovery like Goo Manager :good:

Art Vanderlay

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 2, 2014
Melbourne
My device is rooted. I tried installing clockwork but no image for my device. I tried installing TWRP but nothing happens when I reboot. I can't reboot into clockwork recovery mode or TWRP. Both immediately reboot to the LG screen after 1 second of the android. What am I doing wrong?
Try this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2584938 I had the same problem and I found the flashify method to be the quickest and easiest

Last edited: