Missing directories when viewing on pc

Search This thread

enettrek

Mar 18, 2010
I just got my first LG for my son. I have rooted it already but I noticed something and wondered if anyone else has this problem.

The problem is when you view the sdcard through browser on the phone the files are all there but
when you plug it up to the usb port there are some directories missing. What gives? I looked at the
permissions and their all not "hidden" but yet the directories aren't in the pc browser...

Also, does anyone know of a app that looks like something else that I can hide app icons in so they can't be seen in the app window... I have some apps that run in the background of my sons phone that allows me to know what he's up to without making him feel like he's on a leash. Trust but verify ya know. lol

Last edited:

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
I just got my first LG for my son. I have rooted it already but I noticed something and wondered if anyone else has this problem.

The problem is when you view the sdcard through browser on the phone the files are all there but
when you plug it up to the usb port there are some directories missing. What gives? I looked at the
permissions and their all not "hidden" but yet the directories aren't in the pc browser...

Also, does anyone know of a app that looks like something else that I can hide app icons in so they can't be seen in the app window... I have some apps that run in the background of my sons phone that allows me to know what he's up to without making him feel like he's on a leash. Trust but verify ya know. lol

A reboot of both the PC and phone often fixes that issue.

maxjunk

Apr 9, 2014
as Android is based of Linux all files and directories starting with a "." are hidden.