[Q] Towelroot temp root problems

Search This thread

mazeprince

Feb 6, 2013
Dear xda fellows,

Geohot has released a version v3 of his Towelroot App which allows to root the device temporarily, even for Phones with write protection, such as our Moto G.
In the Moto X Forum people have tried it and had success in combination with the pie root method (http://xdaforums.com/moto-x/general/towelroot-discussion-thread-t2801003) by using the temp_root.
The advantage would be to be able to reboot and simply use Towelroot to get root again.
Unfortunately, it doesn´t work for me. Somebody else tried it? I don´t understand why it is working for the Moto X and not for the Moto G, as they use a very similar Version of Android.
To try it follow these instructions:
Remember to apply PIE first!
1. On your device, go to http://www.towelroot.com
2. On the website press the big orange Lambda. It will start to download the .apk
3. On your device, go to Settings>Security>Unknown Sources and tick the box.
4. Run the downloaded apk, tr.apk
5. Press "welcome to towelroot" 3 times.
6. Replace the last 0 with a 1, due to modstrings.
7. make it ra1n
For me it just hot reboots then. And after a complete reboot (on/off) i can´t use Towelroot (temp_root) either.

Can anybody explain me why it works on the Moto X?

Thank you very much!
My Android version is 176.44.1 (4.4.2).

madman

Apr 21, 2011
Planet Earth
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 6
As you can see in instructions, you need to run PIE exploit too before towelroot..

I haven't tried this out as I'm too lazy to get my laptop out from bed.. But you can give it a try..

PIE from jcase never worked on Moto G but still it won't hurt to try.

jaspreet997

Jul 15, 2013
As you can see in instructions, you need to run PIE exploit too before towelroot..

I haven't tried this out as I'm too lazy to get my laptop out from bed.. But you can give it a try..

PIE from jcase never worked on Moto G but still it won't hurt to try.
It worked the way it was supposed to work I can get temp root via Pie anytime Gotta check out towel root v3 now

mazeprince

Feb 6, 2013
It worked the way it was supposed to work I can get temp root via Pie anytime Gotta check out towel root v3 now
Yeah, pie always worked for me. And i tried towel root with and without pie. Right now I don't see the advantage to use towel root after pie, because we have root through pie. Towel root without pie would be perfect for me, as I have to shutdown my phone regularly.

I just don't understand why it works for moto x, but not moto g...