[CLOSED] [STOCK + ROOTED] Velocity¹ [Telstra/X710b Model only]

Search This thread

thewarchild

Sep 23, 2010
Awesome, look forward to hearing the news.

I might be helping Wajee with Aroma on his de-sensed ROM.

As far as the progress of this ROM goes, there really doesn't seem to be much issues with it, so it's safe to assume that I can give this one a short break.

EDIT:
Yes, Advanced Power Menu V2 does work on a HTC Velocity 4G. Wajee has it built into his ROM

ok, I flashed your deodexed rom, I flashed the APMv2, works well.

pod0087

Jun 6, 2011
Works well. It seems the Deodexed version makes nandroid backups much larder than odexed.

Only issue I've noticed with this rom is USB debugging is always enabled after reboot.

thewarchild

Sep 23, 2010
Hi, I am trying to reflash to stock but its not happening for me.

This is on a HTV Velocity with Telstra (4g)

Firstly, ran the fastboot oem lock, this looks to have worked when I get into hboot now it says up the top "***RELOCKED***

Now, I am unable to download the RUU exe's because File factory keeps telling me all of its freedownload slots are unavilable.. permanently.

So I downloaded the OTA_HOLIDAY_ICS_35_S_Telstra_WWE_3.25.841.4-2.27.841.6_release_246841orcrrx41z400ii83.zip found elsewhere on the forum, renamed it as you say.

I go into hboot, it finds the image, says its loading ph39img.zip, I see a blue progress bar to the right. It goes to the top.

then it goes checkign, the blue bar is now red and it goes to the top.

and then it stops, when I reboot it has not flashed.

Thanks

edit: I Found http://hotfile.com/dl/150039234/712...4.20.701040.19_release_246698_signed.exe.html

this worked.....

Last edited:

thewarchild

Sep 23, 2010
the issue is, my velocity looks to have a hardware issue so I need to take it back. WHen I now go into the bootloader it says "relocked", is that normal? ie. would it say that if I had never unlocked it.

it also still has the recovery option, how cna i reflash the bootloader/hboot to stock?

Leigh Kennedy

Jan 26, 2012
Adelaide, South Australia
OPPO Reno Z
the issue is, my velocity looks to have a hardware issue so I need to take it back. WHen I now go into the bootloader it says "relocked", is that normal? ie. would it say that if I had never unlocked it.

it also still has the recovery option, how cna i reflash the bootloader/hboot to stock?

Don't even mention you unlocked or rooted and you should be safe. The "technicians" who check your phone don't even have a clue what "rooting" is.

I got my phone back within two weeks when I screwed mine...

thewarchild

Sep 23, 2010
Leigh

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. It is obviously a physical fault with the phone, I have re flashed the RUU, there is no reason for them to go to the boot loader and even if they do, would they even know what they are looking at? I find it thin. If it got into the hands of a developer thou, then they would but this is going to be an electronic's tech who just wants to get the touch screen working again.

No problems, when I finally found a working download link for the RUU exe I was cooking with Gas.

chrispaw

Jan 8, 2008
Excuse me, but how did you fix the WiFi stuck on "Obtaining IP address..." issue? I am running across this problem in a rom i'm trying to make and could use some help.

thanks.

Bumble99

Mar 8, 2011
Melbourne
Just got this phone - Telstra 4G Velocity. Love the phone but OMG the battery life is terrible. If I root and install the latest nightly, will I get better battery performance or will it be negligible? Maybe I will be better off buying a fatter battery.

Leigh Kennedy

Jan 26, 2012
Adelaide, South Australia
OPPO Reno Z
Just got this phone - Telstra 4G Velocity. Love the phone but OMG the battery life is terrible. If I root and install the latest nightly, will I get better battery performance or will it be negligible? Maybe I will be better off buying a fatter battery.

Try flashing my Velocity².

This ROM is an old version of it.

If that doesn't help you save battery life, then maybe a fatter battery will help.

Jirv311

Mar 30, 2008
Johnstown

Many people reported bad battery with the Vivid/Raider upon its release but after a few charge/discharge cycles, it will improve considerably. I unplug at 6am and usually plug back in sometime around midnight and typically have plenty of battery left. Depending on how much Words with Friends I'm playing of course. :D

Just charge to full and drain to almost empty a few times and you'll see it get much better.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Work is continuing here. Yes, I am back on XDA.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Downloads:
    - OTA_HOLIDAY_ICS_35_S_Telstra_WWE_3.25.841.4-2.27.841.6_release_246841orcrrx41z400ii83.zip <- Original OTA zip if you feel like playing around.

Also feel free to donate to PG for all the effort he put in!

I'll accept donations if you think I deserve it ;)

You can see PG's blog post here. PG HAS COPPED ENOUGH FLAK AS IT IS, NO TROLLING!
    @king of demons: Your device ID must match. Each region has a different device ID, as far as I know, and HBOOTs have only been released for Telstra and AT&T right now. You're going to have to wait.

People need to read... Seriously... Wow.. no wonder the devs leave and get so abrupt, Yeh laziness is phenomenal

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using XDA
    English isn't his first language, which is more than obvious. cut him a little slack.

Sent from my HTC Raider X710e using XDA

Okay, a Chinese translation may be in order then. I'll have that ready soon.
    @davidcampbell
    <<I need some help, is the Telstra OTA blocked from installing programs from .apk?

Would some in the know post this in a gereral ICS section here. As this seems to be a common question. This is a extract of what I posted on Whirlpool.

HTC Velocity complaining "Device Administrators" or the "Unknown Sources" option (This normally resides in the Security Tab) missing on ICS.

I beleive this will be across all Android devices

This only effects you if you have your work Microsoft Exchange Email connected to Mobile Phone.

/forum-replies.cfm?t=1883749&p=-1&#bottom
    Thought I would keep everything in one place.

This occurs when you add an Exchange ActiveSync service it asks:

Your Exchange Server requires that you enable security policies to continue Synchronizing. Would you like to continue?

When you add the Exchange Server depending on the Servers policy it will lock your phone down.

ie Force PIN on screen login.
    It may also removes options such as loading Apps from Unknown Sources.
    This means you can no longer install programs you download yourself, ie: Swype
    This also means you can no longer give Administrator permissions to apps, ie some anti-virus or security programs.

A possible work around for this, which may not follow your employers policy (and therefore not recommended) is to remove the Exchange Server Account and then the menu will reappear. Do your "thing". Then add the Account back again. Probably best to discuss with your companies IT if it’s a ongoing issue. Obviously your IT departement have removed these items because if you don't know what you are doing they can cause an issue.

If you don't have Exchange ActiveSync or your work does not force this addtional security to your phone. This post will not effect you.
    HTC Amaze 4G, Tmobile, S-off yes

Thanks for the reply!

Change the boot.img to the kozmik one. Then tell me if you have any luck.

I also frequent IRC Channel #htc-holiday

Feel free to pop by