[q] how do i unroot ?

Search This thread

rudyp9

Mar 15, 2011
Salt Lake City
the quickest way to do it is to flash this md4 rom from this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1904099. it will erase your phone and be back to stock. just read the thread and get the right one for your phone. there is another thread for stock mk3 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2541900 it will do the same but not install knox, just read the thread.

Thanks i just checked the first thread but i am on 4.3 so i can't do it and the second one has only the rooted version :confused:

Thanks i just checked the first thread but i am on 4.3 so i can't do it and the second one has only the rooted version :confused:

if you flash stock mk3 unrooted rom to your phone you will also install knox.. if you aren't sure what knox is, search in this forum. you can flash any rom and any version number you want it doesn't matter. md4 link i gave you will give you the option to update from there to the sprint latest rom version if you want. or you can stay on md4. but as i said, if you update to mk3 stock rom it will install knox!

rudyp9

Mar 15, 2011
Salt Lake City
if you flash stock mk3 unrooted rom to your phone you will also install knox.. if you aren't sure what knox is, search in this forum. you can flash any rom and any version number you want it doesn't matter. md4 link i gave you will give you the option to update from there to the sprint latest rom version if you want. or you can stay on md4. but as i said, if you update to mk3 stock rom it will install knox!

Thanks again for the quick response the reason i want to unroot is because im having problems with my phone so i want to take it back to sprint , If I flashed this rooted version will sprint know that its rooted and say that is the problem and avoid my insurance claim?:eek:

Thanks again for the quick response the reason i want to unroot is because im having problems with my phone so i want to take it back to sprint , If I flashed this rooted version will sprint know that its rooted and say that is the problem and avoid my insurance claim?:eek:

it depends on the employee at sprint and how hard they look into your phone, but if they have to send your phone off to samsung, samsung will defiantly know! your best option is to just flash the md4 rom and not let it update to new version. take it by sprint and see what they say. if they ask why you haven't updated yet, tell them you don't want to, and if they have to send it off, more then likely your phone will come back to you with the newest rom and possibly, they might just send you a refurbished phone with newest rom back to you. but depending on your issues with your phone, installing that md4 rom might clear it up. good luck!

rudyp9

Mar 15, 2011
Salt Lake City
it depends on the employee at sprint and how hard they look into your phone, but if they have to send your phone off to samsung, samsung will defiantly know! your best option is to just flash the md4 rom and not let it update to new version. take it by sprint and see what they say. if they ask why you haven't updated yet, tell them you don't want to, and if they have to send it off, more then likely your phone will come back to you with the newest rom and possibly, they might just send you a refurbished phone with newest rom back to you. but depending on your issues with your phone, installing that md4 rom might clear it up. good luck!
Thank you