OS not installed

Search This thread

Joelz37

Apr 29, 2014
I bought my htc one m8(AT&T) used and the previous owner had it root and with TWRP, I did the rookie mistake of wiping the whole thing including the OS apparently, and now it seems it lost the root and is s-on, it won't get pass the htc logo and only when i do a adb reboot boot loader can I access the recovery screen, is there anyway to get it back to life?

exad

Jan 26, 2010
Montreal
I bought my htc one m8(AT&T) used and the previous owner had it root and with TWRP, I did the rookie mistake of wiping the whole thing including the OS apparently, and now it seems it lost the root and is s-on, it won't get pass the htc logo and only when i do a adb reboot boot loader can I access the recovery screen, is there anyway to get it back to life?

from TWRP You have adb access.

Just download a rom on your pc and push it using adb

adb push romfilename.zip /sdcard/

It will take a little while then confirm bytes sent. Then you just have to flash it in TWRP.

Reactions: Joelz37

Joelz37

Apr 29, 2014

It will take a little while then confirm bytes sent. Then you just have to flash it in TWRP.

i started the adb sideload but can't seem to be able to push it thru, before that i transferred the rom to a sd card and tried to flash it on twrp but it failed, im using a mac maybe thats the problem

Last edited:

exad

Jan 26, 2010
Montreal
why sideload? I never said anything about sideload... adb works while in twrp, no need to do anything special, just push the rom.

Joelz37

Apr 29, 2014
Did you wipe with TWRP? What was the original rom installed? Did try flashing a different rom? If so, what roms?
yes, it had the stock rom no other rom had been installed, yeah so far I've tried viperonem8 and insertcoin

why sideload? I never said anything about sideload... adb works while in twrp, no need to do anything special, just push the rom.

I can't seem able to push thru adb so i transferred the rom directly to the sd card and got a "failed... no md5 found" on twrp when trying to flash

exad

Jan 26, 2010
Montreal
Uncheck the check md5 option in the install screen.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app

exad

Jan 26, 2010
Montreal
Perhaps. Make sure to check the md5 after downloading to ensure there's no corruption.

If it's still not working, follow this:

Assuming the MD5 of the roms you are flashing do matchup and this isn't just a corrupted data issue. I would redownload whatever recovery you're using,
Check the MD5 of the recovery image
Flash said recovery:
fastboot flash recovery recoveryfilename.img
then use fastboot to erase cache
fastboot erase cache
Then select recovery from the bootloader screen
Then factory reset
Then wipe system in advanced wipe
Then try flashing your rom again.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Uncheck the check md5 option in the install screen.

Perhaps. Make sure to check the md5 after downloading to ensure there's no corruption.

If it's still not working, follow this:

Assuming the MD5 of the roms you are flashing do matchup and this isn't just a corrupted data issue. I would redownload whatever recovery you're using,
    Check the MD5 of the recovery image
    Flash said recovery:
    fastboot flash recovery recoveryfilename.img
    then use fastboot to erase cache
    fastboot erase cache
    Then select recovery from the bootloader screen
    Then factory reset
    Then wipe system in advanced wipe
    Then try flashing your rom again.