Rooted Kindle Fire HD with working GAPPS and Play Store

Search This thread

stopxwatch

Sep 18, 2012
So I gave this a shot and it worked perfectly.

1. Root your Kindle Fire HD
2. Downloaded and install the GoogleServicesFramework.apk
3. Download Vending.apk
4. Using a file explorer app on the Fire with superuser permissions AND the system file permissions set to Read-Write, move Vending.apk to /system/app.
5. Change the permissions of Vending.apk to User - Read/Write, Group - Read, Others - Read
6. Install Vending.apk
7. The Android Market should show up in your Kindle Fire HD apps. Tap on it and follow the steps.
8. Download and install the Play.apk to upgrade the the android market to the current Play market.
9. Enjoy!

GoogleServicesFramework.apk - mediafire.com/?zaumfwhraxcifqf
Vending.apk - mediafire.com/?31bn3e258jjpj8d
Play.apk - mediafire.com/?wwcqrlfwt8o1gnv

Last edited:

Mark930

Mar 31, 2011
less then a week and its already been rooted and got the play store damn.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

reverendkjr

Nov 7, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
www.youtube.com

3. Download Vending.apk
4. Using a file explorer app on the Fire with superuser permissions AND the system file permissions set to Read-Write, move Vending.apk to /system/app.
5. Change the permissions of Vending.apk to User - Read/Write, Group - Read, Others - Read
6. Install Vending.apk
7. The Android Market should show up in your Kindle Fire HD apps. Tap on it and follow the steps.
8. Download and install the Play.apk to upgrade the the android market to the current Play market.
9. Enjoy!

Keep in mind that we have no way of restoring the system folder yet, so if anything goes wrong with this process, you may end up bricking your tablet. Just a warning. :D

adiliyo

Oct 25, 2009
Los Angeles
has anyone got this to work completely? i got the market to install along with the framework services, but i can't log into my account, it tries and then times out after a while.

am i missing something?

Reactions: Mastaking

stopxwatch

Sep 18, 2012
Try adw launcher. Works for me. If you hit the home button it brings you back to the amazon launcher though. Adw gives you an app icon so you can always launch into it or add it to your favorites.

Sent from my KFTT using xda app-developers app

robertc88

Jan 27, 2012
Try adw launcher. Works for me. If you hit the home button it brings you back to the amazon launcher though. Adw gives you an app icon so you can always launch into it or add it to your favorites.

Worked for me as well and I'm not rooted! This is going to put big smiles on lots of folks' faces since many don't root. So this is what ICS really looks like on the KFHD! :) Time to personalize with widgets and themes!

babblin5

Mar 21, 2011
Mesa, AZ
Google Movies Issues

Can't seem to get Google Play Movies to work. It hangs at sync. Any ideas as to how to fix this? Would love to access both Amazon Instant Video and Google Movie accounts.

babblin5

Mar 21, 2011
Mesa, AZ
Does Amazon Instant video still work after rooting? A bunch of people keep asking this.

Yeah works fine after root.

---------- Post added at 04:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 AM ----------

I figured out how to get Google Play Movies to work as well. Place in system/app folder. set permissions to rw r r. reboot. install from file explorer launcher. If it doesn't work, reinstall again. Youtube signs in now as well using the same method!!!

YEAH BABY!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

3. Download Vending.apk
    6. Install Vending.apk
    9. Enjoy!

Does Amazon Instant video still work after rooting? A bunch of people keep asking this.

---------- Post added at 04:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 AM ----------

I figured out how to get Google Play Movies to work as well. Place in system/app folder. set permissions to rw r r. reboot. install from file explorer launcher. If it doesn't work, reinstall again. Youtube signs in now as well using the same method!!!

YEAH BABY!
    try rebooting the fire.

okay, so what worked for me was reinstalling the framework services and rebooting right after, now i am signed in thanks!! :D

3. Download Vending.apk
    6. Install Vending.apk
    9. Enjoy!

Keep in mind that we have no way of restoring the system folder yet, so if anything goes wrong with this process, you may end up bricking your tablet. Just a warning. :D
    how about attaching said apks?

or at least which ones?

i'm going to guess it's the latest gapps for ICS though?