[SCRIPT] DROID RAZR HD Utility 1.21 - Windows/Mac/Linux

Search This thread

mattlgroff

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
DO NOT USE THIS UTILITY ON THE LATEST 4.1.2 OTA UPDATE.

DroidRazrUtilityLogo.png

This is ONLY for the DROID RAZR XT926 and DROID RAZR HD MAXX XT926. Do NOT use this on an XT925!

DROID RAZR HD Utility 1.21
Use a Download Manager such as "Orbit Download Manager" for best downloading results.

Mirrors:
Dev-Host
Batakang

Filesize: 607 MB (637,113,475 bytes)
MD5: BB8229074D060C7C73B7B25D014F7D57

- Windows Instructions
Extract .zip to its own folder on the Desktop.
Install the required drivers. The folder with the drivers is called "Drivers [WINDOWS ONLY]" and is included in the Utility folder.
Double click the ".bat" file. This will be called "WindowsUtility.bat" the image is just for reference.

YOrlfVS.png

- Mac & Linux Instructions

Extract the .zip to any folder you like, the /Downloads/ or /Desktop/ folder should work just fine.
Open a Terminal window. (On Mac: Applications > Utilities > Terminal)
Learn your 'sudo' password. This is almost always your Admin password on a Mac computer. On Linux you should already know what this is, its yours account password if your account is an admin as well.
Type the following code into the Terminal Windows, places where it says ***DRAG HERE*** are telling you to simply drag the folder there. For example: cd ***DRAG FOLDER HERE*** then press 'Enter' after each line.
Code:
cd ***DRAG UNZIPPED UTILITY FOLDER HERE***

chmod +x ./LinuxMacUtility.sh

bash ./LinuxMacUtility.sh

You will be asked for your sudo password at least once in the Utility process, so make sure you followed the instructions to learn it.

Functions of the DROID RAZR HD Utility 1.21:
Code:
  1  Flash 4.1.2 Stock System, Kernel, and Radio (Data Wipe) [from AP Fastboot]
  2  Flash 4.1.2 Stock Recovery [from AP Fastboot]
  3  Motochopper Root Exploit by djrbliss [from Normal Boot]
  4  Unlock Bootloader (Install Motopocalypse App) [from Normal Boot]
  5  Flash TWRP 2.5.0.0 Recovery - UNLOCKED BL REQUIRED [from Normal Boot]
  6  Flash OUDHS 1.0.3.4 Recovery - UNLOCKED BL REQUIRED [from Normal Boot]
  7  Flash CWM 6.0.3.2 Recovery - UNLOCKED BL REQUIRED [from Normal Boot]

Number 1 Explained -- This option requires your phone be in AP Fastboot mode. It will flash the official 4.1.2 System, Kernel, and Radio as well we wipe your data.

Number 2 Explained -- This option requires your phone be in AP Fastboot mode. It will flash the official 4.1.2 Stock Recovery.

Number 3 Explained -- This is Dan Rosenberg's root exploit called 'Motochopper'. This option requires your phone to be booted normally, with USB Debugging enabled.

Number 4 Explained -- This option requires your phone to be booted normally, with USB Debugging enabled. It will install an App version of Dan Rosenberg's Motopocalypse exploit for unlocking the bootloader.

Number 5 Explained -- This option requires your phone to be booted normally with USB Debugging enabled, and be already Rooted. This will flash TWRP 2.5.0.0 Recovery.

Number 6 Explained -- This option requires your phone to be booted normally with USB Debugging enabled, and be already Rooted. This will flash OUDHS 1.0.3.4 Recovery.

Number 7 Explained -- This option requires your phone to be booted normally with USB Debugging enabled, and be already Rooted. This will flash CWM 6.0.3.2 Recovery.

Remember, do not run this utility unless your phone is at 100% battery OR you have bought yourself one of Team Black Hat's Factory-Style Programming Adapters.

Thanks to Shabbypenguin and OUDHS for making the original OUDHS which I ported over. Thanks to Hashcode and dhacker29 for making the STS-Dev Team repo. Thanks to Djrbliss for Motochopper and Motopocalypse! Thanks to TomSgt for making the video (coming soon to be added to the OP).

Video:
http://youtu.be/ej7HBxvNPv0

Last edited:

dano1282

Jan 31, 2012
Yeah this utility is great!

Worked like a charm!!!

edit: How does one boot into the recovery? like when i power down the device and power it back on it just boots normal..i know the recovery is there..but how do i access it? With Safestrap it gave me the option beforehand.

Last edited:

mattlgroff

Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
Worked like a charm!!!

edit: How does one boot into the recovery? like when i power down the device and power it back on it just boots normal..i know the recovery is there..but how do i access it? With Safestrap it gave me the option beforehand.

From the Boot Menu you select Recovery. This replaces the stock Moto Recover unlike Safestrap.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Tomsgt

Worked like a charm!!!

Power on phone while holding volume up and down at same time this will make the phone enter boot mode then press volume down to highlight recovery then volume up to select this will boot recovery.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

dano1282

Jan 31, 2012
I see that I can reboot into the recovery and it has replaced the stock one... now what about Rom slots?? Am I blind or can I not create one??

Danzoman

Oct 9, 2010
Columbia SC
I've been away from Moto for a long time and coming back soon, do you have to rsd back to a prior version to unlock the bootloader and root? I'm going to buy one new does it matter if it is updated out of the box? Thanks!

infinit22

Nov 17, 2012
I cannot get the drivers to install correctly. Have tried on windows and Mac. The mot single adb interface is not installing. Has anyone had this problem?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app

cj360

Oct 24, 2011
I cannot get the drivers to install correctly. Have tried on windows and Mac. The mot single adb interface is not installing. Has anyone had this problem?

Make sure you're running the installer as admin win 7 and below, win 8 you'll need to reboot and disable driver signature enforcement and install them.

Also would this work to root, unlock if I were to get a new razr hd from VZW with the jellybean firmware preloaded on it?

xmguy

Sep 18, 2009
McMinnville, TN
Can this reset the root checker in the Program menu to Unrooted for the Maxx HD?

Tried a bit of everything. Need to returned a phone to VZW. Rather phone show not rooted currently.

Current methods of flashing back to ICS or JB 4.1.1 failed to reset checker. Phone is NOT rooted anymore but program menu and recovery shows it still is. There was a method I found when on 4.1.1 that flashing back to ICS then its up to JB would reset the checker. But since the kernel changed in the latest release this isn't possible. Matt, If your app can't reset that, do you know a method that might. Rather not get charged especially since the phone isn't rooted. No matter what the checker says.

Thanks

mattlgroff

Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
Can this reset the root checker in the Program menu to Unrooted for the Maxx HD?

Tried a bit of everything. Need to returned a phone to VZW. Rather phone show not rooted currently.

Current methods of flashing back to ICS or JB 4.1.1 failed to reset checker. Phone is NOT rooted anymore but program menu and recovery shows it still is. There was a method I found when on 4.1.1 that flashing back to ICS then its up to JB would reset the checker. But since the kernel changed in the latest release this isn't possible. Matt, If your app can't reset that, do you know a method that might. Rather not get charged especially since the phone isn't rooted. No matter what the checker says.

Thanks

You cannot reset the root checker with current methods available. Not going to reset that.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DO NOT USE THIS UTILITY ON THE LATEST 4.1.2 OTA UPDATE.

DroidRazrUtilityLogo.png

This is ONLY for the DROID RAZR XT926 and DROID RAZR HD MAXX XT926. Do NOT use this on an XT925!

DROID RAZR HD Utility 1.21
    Use a Download Manager such as "Orbit Download Manager" for best downloading results.

Mirrors:
    Dev-Host
    Batakang

Filesize: 607 MB (637,113,475 bytes)
    MD5: BB8229074D060C7C73B7B25D014F7D57

- Windows Instructions
    Extract .zip to its own folder on the Desktop.
    Install the required drivers. The folder with the drivers is called "Drivers [WINDOWS ONLY]" and is included in the Utility folder.
    Double click the ".bat" file. This will be called "WindowsUtility.bat" the image is just for reference.

YOrlfVS.png

- Mac & Linux Instructions

Extract the .zip to any folder you like, the /Downloads/ or /Desktop/ folder should work just fine.
    Open a Terminal window. (On Mac: Applications > Utilities > Terminal)
    Learn your 'sudo' password. This is almost always your Admin password on a Mac computer. On Linux you should already know what this is, its yours account password if your account is an admin as well.
    Type the following code into the Terminal Windows, places where it says ***DRAG HERE*** are telling you to simply drag the folder there. For example: cd ***DRAG FOLDER HERE*** then press 'Enter' after each line.
    Code:
    cd ***DRAG UNZIPPED UTILITY FOLDER HERE***

chmod +x ./LinuxMacUtility.sh

bash ./LinuxMacUtility.sh

You will be asked for your sudo password at least once in the Utility process, so make sure you followed the instructions to learn it.

Functions of the DROID RAZR HD Utility 1.21:
    Code:
      1  Flash 4.1.2 Stock System, Kernel, and Radio (Data Wipe) [from AP Fastboot]
      2  Flash 4.1.2 Stock Recovery [from AP Fastboot]
      3  Motochopper Root Exploit by djrbliss [from Normal Boot]
      4  Unlock Bootloader (Install Motopocalypse App) [from Normal Boot]
      5  Flash TWRP 2.5.0.0 Recovery - UNLOCKED BL REQUIRED [from Normal Boot]
      6  Flash OUDHS 1.0.3.4 Recovery - UNLOCKED BL REQUIRED [from Normal Boot]
      7  Flash CWM 6.0.3.2 Recovery - UNLOCKED BL REQUIRED [from Normal Boot]

Number 1 Explained -- This option requires your phone be in AP Fastboot mode. It will flash the official 4.1.2 System, Kernel, and Radio as well we wipe your data.

Number 2 Explained -- This option requires your phone be in AP Fastboot mode. It will flash the official 4.1.2 Stock Recovery.

Number 3 Explained -- This is Dan Rosenberg's root exploit called 'Motochopper'. This option requires your phone to be booted normally, with USB Debugging enabled.

Number 4 Explained -- This option requires your phone to be booted normally, with USB Debugging enabled. It will install an App version of Dan Rosenberg's Motopocalypse exploit for unlocking the bootloader.

Number 5 Explained -- This option requires your phone to be booted normally with USB Debugging enabled, and be already Rooted. This will flash TWRP 2.5.0.0 Recovery.

Number 6 Explained -- This option requires your phone to be booted normally with USB Debugging enabled, and be already Rooted. This will flash OUDHS 1.0.3.4 Recovery.

Number 7 Explained -- This option requires your phone to be booted normally with USB Debugging enabled, and be already Rooted. This will flash CWM 6.0.3.2 Recovery.

Remember, do not run this utility unless your phone is at 100% battery OR you have bought yourself one of Team Black Hat's Factory-Style Programming Adapters.

Thanks to Shabbypenguin and OUDHS for making the original OUDHS which I ported over. Thanks to Hashcode and dhacker29 for making the STS-Dev Team repo. Thanks to Djrbliss for Motochopper and Motopocalypse! Thanks to TomSgt for making the video (coming soon to be added to the OP).

Video:
    Nice work Matt here is the Video on how to use this Utility
    build number 9.8.1Q-94-1 There is hope for my Unlock BootLoader ??

please stop asking the same question across multiple forums, its a violation of the forum rules and the answer is the same as rick said, NO
    System version 9.18.79.XT926. Verizon.en.US
    model number DROID RAZR MAXX HD
    android version 4.1.2

it rooted now, but i can't Unlock Bootloader from Install Motopocalypse App

You can't unlock the bootloader at version 9.18.

Check out this thread on the new 1.33 utility:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2474393
    This says dont use it with OTA 4.1.2,
    But can I simply use it to factory restore my phone?

I think that message only applies to using the BL unlocking, right?

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

This says not to use with the latest 4.1.2,
    But can I still restore the phone with it? Just wanna start over again.

The warning is regarding unlocking the bootloader right?

the warning is for those with a locked boot loader, unlocked you are fine to use it.