Extended battery for G1

Search This thread

raven911

Aug 17, 2009
I've looked through a bunch of the postings on replacement batteries for the G1 and recently came across the following on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...0195414&_trkparms=tab=Watching#ht_1867wt_1044

The ad looked a little suspect, because the description says 2300mAH, but the picture shows a battery with 2200 mAH. I emailed the seller, and they told me that the both the pictures AND the description were inaccurate and batteries they had were actually rated 2400mAH.

Wondering if anyone has had experience with this particular seller or this kind of battery. Seems like they're having a sale currently until Monday, for the battery + door for only $9.52 which seems insanely cheap.

The Yoobao brand battery which was reviewed here is 2x as expensive:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=522146&highlight=battery

So I figure I might take a chance with it. Any thoughts / advice would be appreciated.

AdamPI

Aug 19, 2009
T' north
Yeah the cover put me off that one, although the sale price is nice. I suppose with that cover it would fit in a dock though.

I just got this one a couple of days ago: http://cgi.ebay.com/HTC-G1-T-MOBILE...s?hash=item4ceabd1c59&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177 First impressions weren't too good, the battery meter when charging goes up in jumps and then stays on 99% for some time, it then died overnight despite being on 30%. Second day however after 11 hours off charge and used heavilly it still claimed 50%. I might do a mini-review of it when I have had a few more days to judge it.

newjaruz

May 19, 2009
Paterson, NJ
I ordered two batteries off of eBay one was a 2400 MAH battery which changed the phones form factor because of the added thickness and necessary change to a bigger battery door. It made my G1 so fat I chose not to use it. Then I found a deal on eBay with a battery with 1600 mah for 9.99... i have about a week with it and cannot complain. if you guys are interested in the merchant let me know and ill post his info or PM me

raven911

Aug 17, 2009
I ordered two batteries off of eBay one was a 2400 MAH battery which changed the phones form factor because of the added thickness and necessary change to a bigger battery door. It made my G1 so fat I chose not to use it. Then I found a deal on eBay with a battery with 1600 mah for 9.99... i have about a week with it and cannot complain. if you guys are interested in the merchant let me know and ill post his info or PM me

Newjaruz,
It would be very helpful if you could post the link to the battery that you bought. Thanks,

civicdrivr

Aug 19, 2009
I got a Seido battery and cover off of Amazon. It was more $ then eBay, but it has a warranty.

imakamasta

Jun 4, 2008
idk about that seller but i got the 2400mah and its amazing. and for the loss in sound quality just use my fix......super glue a cut down pen cap to the extended battery cover by the holes for sound. and obviously cut it down to size and the thingie off the side off so it can fit properly in the phone and the sound will just travel straight from the speaker to your eyes cuz you dojnt have all that space to muffle it anymore.
sorry if my description was bland. it should be simople enough

raven911

Aug 17, 2009
I purchased the original battery with the link I posted at the beginning of the thread. As soon as I can receive and review it, I will post results of how well it works. They say you get what you pay for, but hopefully, its not the case this time!

im.l0ltn

Nov 9, 2008
I bought the Andida battery too (shipped on the 29th) and it just arrived today. Here's the packaging

2mr9qm8.png

2e35rq1.png

(Sorry if it's blurry, I used the camera on the G1)

Calibrating it right now and it's taking longer to charge compared to my OEM battery so it might be legit. I'm disappointed that it didn't come with any packaging though except for the bubble wrap. I was expecting the packaging in the pics with the plastic box. Comes with a nice little Andida holographic sticker in the back though lol. I'll test it out later today after it's charged for 4-5 hours.

Last edited:

newjaruz

May 19, 2009
Paterson, NJ
yup... thats exactly the same one I purchased... enjoy! It is a moderate increase... but it doesn't seem substantial... but it was worth the 10 bucks.

R

random_username_

I bought the Andida battery too (shipped on the 29th) and it just arrived today. Here's the packaging

2mr9qm8.png

2e35rq1.png

(Sorry if it's blurry, I used the camera on the G1)

Calibrating it right now and it's taking longer to charge compared to my OEM battery so it might be legit. I'm disappointed that it didn't come with any packaging though except for the bubble wrap. I was expecting the packaging in the pics with the plastic box. Comes with a nice little Andida holographic sticker in the back though lol. I'll test it out later today after it's charged for 4-5 hours.

just got mine too haven't noticed any difference ill try calibrating it

R

random_username_

okay so i calibrated the battery and have noticed a HUGE difference my old g1 battery would be at 40% at the end of a day of moderate usage but this one is strill it 70%. idk if my old one was faulty or something but this one is amazing :D

AdamPI

Aug 19, 2009
T' north
okay so i calibrated the battery and have noticed a HUGE difference my old g1 battery would be at 40% at the end of a day of moderate usage but this one is strill it 70%. idk if my old one was faulty or something but this one is amazing :D

Hey that's not too bad, don't forget Lithium are always degrading so your old one will have been better.

What's a "day" and "moderate" usage though?

I'd consider my last days usage "light", no calls, an hour of open sudoku, couple of emails read, couple of apps updated, couple of dozen+ webpages (a lot were just google though, some xda postings), 20 mins music, about 20-30 mins games (just normal, no emulators) and a bit of random tooling about.

I have the 2850mAh, normally I have been getting down to 30-60% after a 17/18 hour day. After this lighter usage I am at 62% after 29h31m with the screen on 2h45m (wifi is always on).