[ROOT] Kingo Android Root Method

Search This thread

xBeerdroiDx

Nov 10, 2012
Fort Worth
kingo-logo.png

-
Kingo Android Root is a well-designed, aesthetically pleasing application for Windows based computers that forgoes the device specific route, and offers rooting for a lot of Android devices from a variety of manufacturers. Supported phones include the likes of Google Nexus lineup, several HTC devices including HTC One, One X, One V, Droid Eris, Motorola Defy, a number of Samsung phones, popular LG devices and some smartphones from Sony. It offers a true one-click root experience, where you have to just download the application, install it, connect your device and click Root.

home_banner_1.png

There are a few things that you need to be mindful of. When connecting your device, you need to have USB Debugging enabled in Android settings. There’s no requirement for pre-installed device drivers, as the software will take care of that for you. In fact, it will give you the Root option only after the drivers have been properly configured. Past that, all you have to do is hit the Root button, and let the application work its magic.

The app pushes SuperSU binaries which are slightly outdated, but get instantly updated to the new version thanks to Google Play. However, it won’t install a custom recovery, so that part you’ll have to take care of manually. Kingo Android Root supports Android versions up to 4.3.

Last edited:

xBeerdroiDx

Nov 10, 2012
Fort Worth
How to Use the Kingo Android Root One-Click Tool

Step 1. Download the Kingo Android Root windows application and install it on your Windows desktop.

Step 2. Once the installation is finished, run the application and connect the device to the computer with USB cable to start the process. Now the application will install the latest drivers on your PC.

Kingo-Android-Root.jpg

Step 3. This will take some time to install the drivers. Once the drivers are installed on your PC, you will see a new screen on your desktop with your device name and "ROOT" button. See the screenshot below:

Root-Android-Smartphone.jpg

Step 4. Hit the ROOT Button from the app screen to begin the root process on your device.

Root.jpg

Step 5. Be patient. It will take some time to finish the process. Once the operation is completed, you will see the “Root Succeeded” message on your screen.

Android-Root-Done.jpg

Your device should now be rooted. With the help of this application you can unroot your device as well. All you have to do is select the Unroot button and follow the onscreen instructions. For more help, check the application FAQ section Mod Edit here too..

**None of this is my material. This is the work of the Kingo team.**

Last edited by a moderator:

r8revealed

Jan 30, 2013
Awesome. I'm happy I won't need to deal with that terminal stuff :D

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-i337) via Tapatalk 4

bigystyle84

Oct 31, 2012
I rooted my Rogers G4 with this.

A+

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

I rooted my Rogers G4 with this.

A+

jball

Jan 7, 2012
Amber
So it works with MF3 can this developer crack the bootloader to.that would be awesome

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda premium

Reactions: Voiid

ccsoccer23

Sep 20, 2010
Everything is taking forever.. It's still Connecting from when it told me to Grant Super User permissions when the screen pops up on my phone. Any ideas why? :eek:

Reactions: rwilcher

ccsoccer23

Sep 20, 2010
did you end getting this resolved? reroot, reboot? keep us posted. if we iron out early problems and errors, future users will have better/quicker fixes. cheers.

It's unclear what was causing the slowness, but after a while it finally all went through and my phone is now rooted. Thanks!

I did have to restart the App several times while it was downloading the update. That also seemed to be going very slowly. My download speeds wouldn't go above 100kb/s (consistently) and after a while the download will stop at a certain percentage. I would then have to restart the app, and then it would continue from the percentage but then stop at another percentage.

I have 25+ MBps connection, so I don't think it was my internet. It could have been the laptop though for slowness on both ends, downloading and communicating with the phone. I would have to look into it further though.

Anyways, thanks for responding to me!

salutcemoi

Oct 29, 2012

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    kingo-logo.png

-
    Kingo Android Root is a well-designed, aesthetically pleasing application for Windows based computers that forgoes the device specific route, and offers rooting for a lot of Android devices from a variety of manufacturers. Supported phones include the likes of Google Nexus lineup, several HTC devices including HTC One, One X, One V, Droid Eris, Motorola Defy, a number of Samsung phones, popular LG devices and some smartphones from Sony. It offers a true one-click root experience, where you have to just download the application, install it, connect your device and click Root.

home_banner_1.png

There are a few things that you need to be mindful of. When connecting your device, you need to have USB Debugging enabled in Android settings. There’s no requirement for pre-installed device drivers, as the software will take care of that for you. In fact, it will give you the Root option only after the drivers have been properly configured. Past that, all you have to do is hit the Root button, and let the application work its magic.

The app pushes SuperSU binaries which are slightly outdated, but get instantly updated to the new version thanks to Google Play. However, it won’t install a custom recovery, so that part you’ll have to take care of manually. Kingo Android Root supports Android versions up to 4.3.

How to Use the Kingo Android Root One-Click Tool

Step 1. Download the Kingo Android Root windows application and install it on your Windows desktop.

Step 2. Once the installation is finished, run the application and connect the device to the computer with USB cable to start the process. Now the application will install the latest drivers on your PC.

Kingo-Android-Root.jpg

Step 3. This will take some time to install the drivers. Once the drivers are installed on your PC, you will see a new screen on your desktop with your device name and "ROOT" button. See the screenshot below:

Root-Android-Smartphone.jpg

Step 4. Hit the ROOT Button from the app screen to begin the root process on your device.

Root.jpg

Step 5. Be patient. It will take some time to finish the process. Once the operation is completed, you will see the “Root Succeeded” message on your screen.

Android-Root-Done.jpg

Your device should now be rooted. With the help of this application you can unroot your device as well. All you have to do is select the Unroot button and follow the onscreen instructions. For more help, check the application FAQ section Mod Edit here too..

**None of this is my material. This is the work of the Kingo team.**
    Kingo Root has gone rogue again!

Kingo Root keeps asking to install most recent version of the program every time you run it. I have kept accepting the new updates. I just updated to VERSION 1.3.6 within the last couple weeks.

Yesterday, I rooted a friend's phone (Huawei Y320) and it rooted as usual without a problem. HOWEVER, when I went to look for the SuperSU app (from Chainfire) ... IT WAS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND!!! Instead, there was a KINGO USER super user instead. But that was not the issue. I noticed the following problems which I NEVER have seen prior to yesterday:

1. Kingo User BLOCKS the SuperSU app from installing its binaries and replacing Kingo User.

2. There was a bunch of other Chinese crap that was installed by the Kingo Root program on the phone.

3. I noticed that immediately after root, the phone started making a ton of connections to the internet. The activity was off the charts! What on earth it's trying to do via the internet activity is anyone's guess. WHY ALL THE INTERNET ACTIVITY.

I think Kingo Root has done an end run around XDA Developers. I am now extremely suspicious of this program and I strongly suggest others be extremely careful. I also would like some Senior Members to chime in here.

KINGO ROOT MUST BE RE-EXAMINED BY XDA-DEVELOPERS. IS IT STILL SAFE?????????????
    I have searched and from what I gathered it appears that this tool also unroots as well but I just want confirmation by someone that has tried it. Can someone please confirm that they rooted and successfully unrooted using this tool? My phone is relatively new and in case it craps out I want the option to go back to stock. I only plan on freezing the OTA apps and installing some of my favorite root apps (TIBU, Root explorer, etc.). Thank you in advance.

The confirmation is in a few posts back by bigcid10

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app
    I see that this tool will root MF3 my question is will it also unroot MF3? Thanks in advance:eek:
    Yes, it does support unroot.