Updated MapMyRide not compatible with Gear 1

Search This thread

richlum

Aug 9, 2010
Chiang Rai
Just in case anyone else has the same problem I did...

MapMyRide used to work fine on my note3 and gear1, but the last 2 updates on the phone app (3.0.4 and 3.0.3) don't work with the Galaxy Gear. On the watch, it tells me to install mapmyride on the phone. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both on the watch and phone. Rolled back to v2.9.5 on the phone and it's ok again.

I emailed them and this is the reply I got from MapMyRide :
The new updates are only compatible with Gear 2. I know this is frustrating, but we were told by Samsung that Gear 1 owners would be upgraded OTA to the Tizen-based Gear 2 OS. As a result, we planned our app upgrades to only support Gear 2.

We understand this upgrade has not happened. We have contacted Samsung to learn more and will update as soon as we find out more.

So, I'm sticking with v2.9.5 for now...

Sent from my SM-N900 using XDA Free mobile app

forshaw

Feb 4, 2012
Just in case anyone else has the same problem I did...

MapMyRide used to work fine on my note3 and gear1, but the last 2 updates on the phone app (3.0.4 and 3.0.3) don't work with the Galaxy Gear. On the watch, it tells me to install mapmyride on the phone. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both on the watch and phone. Rolled back to v2.9.5 on the phone and it's ok again.

I emailed them and this is the reply I got from MapMyRide :
The new updates are only compatible with Gear 2. I know this is frustrating, but we were told by Samsung that Gear 1 owners would be upgraded OTA to the Tizen-based Gear 2 OS. As a result, we planned our app upgrades to only support Gear 2.

We understand this upgrade has not happened. We have contacted Samsung to learn more and will update as soon as we find out more.

So, I'm sticking with v2.9.5 for now...

Sent from my SM-N900 using XDA Free mobile app

well this sounds like tizen could be coming soon

richlum

Aug 9, 2010
Chiang Rai
So, I updated to Tizen, but now MapMyRide is not showing up in the Samsung store in Gear Manager.

Is anyone else on Tizen able to see the MapMyRide app in the Gear Manager store?

I'm not sure if it's just because of my region (Thailand), although I could download MapMyRide for the Gear on Android...