Samsung Exhibit II 4G Discussion

Search This thread

jms_209

Aug 13, 2011
Well I got this phone today and don't see a forum for it yet :p

It's rather new so I'm guessing thats why,but does anyone know how to root this phone(I'm a noob)....

I want to get rid of some of the useless t-mobile apps and some other samsung ones....... the thing is,I heard I need to root it first :cool:

I want to underclock the phone while I play music(screen off) :D

I want to know if this phone has voodoo sound or whatever it's called.....how do i get a detailed list of what does phone has inside....

Can anyone point me in the right direction please :rolleyes:

Last edited:

computerwhiz21

Nov 17, 2011
Thanks!

Hey guys I am new to rooting and was afraid to. I am so happy I did this!
Guys I have a question though: It said to use the ZergRushRoot for the first Exhibit and I did, and it worked!

ALSO, I removed the bogus bloatware too, using Titanium Backup. Here is what I removed safely:

-WiFi Calling
-Slacker
-Books (Google Books)
-T-Mobile Mall
-411 & Assistance
-Visual Voicemail
-More for me
-Telenav GPS
-Backup (T-Mobile Backup, disable sync in settings first!)
-T-Mobile TV

**You may get a com.android._____ failed or something. Just restart the phone and you're good to go

NoopDawg

Dec 12, 2008
Hey guys I am new to rooting and was afraid to. I am so happy I did this!
Guys I have a question though: It said to use the ZergRushRoot for the first Exhibit and I did, and it worked!

ALSO, I removed the bogus bloatware too, using Titanium Backup. Here is what I removed safely:

-WiFi Calling
-Slacker
-Books (Google Books)
-T-Mobile Mall
-411 & Assistance
-Visual Voicemail
-More for me
-Telenav GPS
-Backup (T-Mobile Backup, disable sync in settings first!)
-T-Mobile TV

**You may get a com.android._____ failed or something. Just restart the phone and you're good to go
I removed some apps without backing up (yea i did it!) and now i can't get rid of com.android.email and com.android.mms messages. Some people have gotten rid of these messages by clearing the data for that application (manage applications->running apps->email->clear data) but that doesn't help in my case.
Another solution for .mms failure was to delete the mmssms.db file, haven't tried that.
Has anyone successfully got rid of these messages?
Thanks.

Nov 11, 2010
MD
I removed some apps without backing up (yea i did it!) and now i can't get rid of com.android.email and com.android.mms messages. Some people have gotten rid of these messages by clearing the data for that application (manage applications->running apps->email->clear data) but that doesn't help in my case.
Another solution for .mms failure was to delete the mmssms.db file, haven't tried that.
Has anyone successfully got rid of these messages?
Thanks.

I did the same as you :/
I tried deleting the mmssms.db and confirmed that it was gone and recreated on reboot but I still get the "messaging (process.com.android.mms) has stopped unexpectedly" error...
Does anyone fancy giving me their exhibit 2 back up?!

EDIT: What I said about not backing up is not strictly true, I backed up everything using titanium backup before I un-installed, some of the apps I've tried to restore using titanium backup just hang during restoration...

Last edited:

computerwhiz21

Nov 17, 2011
Hey Guys by the way it sounds it was caused by T-Mobile Backup. Did you disable it under Settings > Account and Sync?
This may fix your problem if not I can upload my backed up copy.

Happy Holidays

urs_ninja

Dec 2, 2011
New Delhi
Good News.. Company released source code

Go to opensource dot samsung dot com search for T679 and you will get the source code zip file there. :D

Anyone found how to unlock network code from the T-mobile locked handset??

mrdally204

Sep 4, 2010
Great news! Let the homebrew Roms commence!

Has there been a forum/sub-forum made yet for this phone. I love it, but I still prefer the software/Rom I have on my Optimus V (inferior phone). I.nferior H.uman O.rgans is wonderful, hoping for something similar for this phone. All fun and no games.

s0unds

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2011
Here's my progress on making a cyanogenmod ROM:

1. I've rooted my Exhibit II 4G using the link in #3
  2. I may have just got odin to work, v4.42. That's from droid angel's blog (use google). Still working on this
  3. Still need to: make a "stock firmware" image, then make sure I can restore to it using odin
  4. Still need to: work with Benjamin Dobell and get heimdall to work, samsung has changed the protocol
  5. Still need to: verify samsungs' source code release contains a working build
  6. Still need to: port cyanogenmod
I'd like to do a clockworkmod (CWM) port or try out RZRecovery but with odin+heimdall it's not as urgent, since the odin protocol is at a very low level.

Here are the different modes you can get to:
1. Download mode: hold the Volume Down button, then power up
2. Recovery mode: hold the Volume Up button, then power up
3. Ramdump mode: hold both Volume Up & Down, then power up

Power up: If the phone is on, power it off first. If the phone is off and the USB cable is unplugged, just plug the USB cable in. When the phone goes to charging mode, it will see the buttons you're holding down, and that gets you into one of the three modes. If the phone is off and the USB cable is plugged in, press the power button for a few seconds, then release it. As the phone powers on, it will see the buttons held down.

Edit: I've finally learned the secret to recovery mode...heh! So, you hold volume up, then press power. (It doesn't work in charging mode like the others.) Hold power for a few seconds, and the phone starts to boot up. Keep volume up held until you see the recovery mode image (an Android coming out of a box) then start tapping the menu button. I had to hit it a few times before the recovery mode menu appeared.

Last edited:

jgrinst1

Jan 14, 2011
Here's my progress on making a cyanogenmod ROM:

1. I've rooted my Exhibit II 4G using the link in #3
  2. I may have just got odin to work, v4.42. That's from droid angel's blog (use google). Still working on this
  3. Still need to: make a "stock firmware" image, then make sure I can restore to it using odin
  4. Still need to: work with Benjamin Dobell and get heimdall to work, samsung has changed the protocol
  5. Still need to: verify samsungs' source code release contains a working build
  6. Still need to: port cyanogenmod
I'd like to do a clockworkmod (CWM) port but with odin+heimdall it's not as urgent.

Here are the different modes you can get to:
1. Download mode: hold the Volume Down button, then power up
2. Factory reset: hold the Volume Up button, then power up
3. Ramdump mode: hold both Volume Up & Down, then power up

Power up: If the phone is on, power it off first. If the phone is off and the USB cable is unplugged, just plug the USB cable in. When the phone goes to charging mode, it will see the buttons you're holding down, and that gets you into one of the three modes. If the phone is off and the USB cable is plugged in, press the power button for a few seconds, then release it. As the phone powers on, it will see the buttons held down.

Great stuff s0unds!

I don't know what I'm doing with Odin but I'll read up on it. I have flashed kernels and ROMs before using a variation of CWM, so I'll help where I can. An overclockable kernel would be a great start!

Thanks

Reactions: bacheezy

s0unds

Dec 1, 2011
Great stuff s0unds!

I don't know what I'm doing with Odin but I'll read up on it. I have flashed kernels and ROMs before using a variation of CWM, so I'll help where I can. An overclockable kernel would be a great start!

Thanks
Thanks! Odin just uploads kernels and ROMs. Here's a good explanation of what it does: xdaforums.com/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S_Series

What I just learned is that the exhibit ii is very similar to the Samsung Galaxy W (code name Ancora): http://xdaforums.com/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_W Basically T-Mobile is selling the "Exhibit II" and Bell Canada (among others) sells the "Galaxy W". Unfortunately, it looks like the Galaxy W is a better phone.

Here's a list of all the i8150 phones (Galaxy W):
  • GT-I8150B (UK)
  • GT-I8150_EUR (europe)
  • GT-I8150_CHN (china)
  • GT-I8150_HK (hong kong)
  • GT-I8150_MEA
  • GT-I8150_SEA
So I went off and read up on the great work being done by arco68 and others. Arco68 just bricked his phone :-( He could use some donations, if you're into that kind of thing.

I've adapted his script to extract the proprietary files needed to make a new build. (His version is an adaptation of the one for the galaxy s ii.) Here's exhibit_extract_files.sh:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

# Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
# you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
# You may obtain a copy of the License at
#
#      http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
#
# Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
# distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
# WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
# See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
# limitations under the License.

DEVICE=ancora
COMMON=c1-common
MANUFACTURER=samsung

mkdir -p ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary
mkdir -p ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary
mkdir -p ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/audio
mkdir -p ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/cameradata
mkdir -p ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/egl
mkdir -p ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/firmware
mkdir -p ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/hw
mkdir -p ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/keychars
mkdir -p ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/wifi
mkdir -p ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging

# ancora (exhibit ii t679)

# c1-common
# galaxy w has .0952.hcd, exhibit ii has .0953.hcd
adb pull /system/bin/BCM4329B1_002.002.023.0944.0953.hcd ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/BCM4329B1_002.002.023.0944.0953.hcd
adb pull /system/bin/charging_mode ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/charging_mode
adb pull /system/bin/playlpm ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/playlpm
adb pull /system/bin/rild ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/rild
# exhibit ii has smaller cameras
adb pull /system/cameradata/datapattern_420sp_T679.yuv ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/cameradata/datapattern_420sp_T679.yuv
adb pull /system/cameradata/datapattern_front_420sp_T679.yuv ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/cameradata/datapattern_front_420sp_T679.yuv
adb pull /etc/firmware/vidc_720p_command_control.fw ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/firmware/vidc_720p_command_control.fw
adb pull /etc/firmware/vidc_720p_h263_dec_mc.fw ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/firmware/vidc_720p_h263_dec_mc.fw
adb pull /etc/firmware/vidc_720p_h264_dec_mc.fw ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/firmware/vidc_720p_h264_dec_mc.fw
adb pull /etc/firmware/vidc_720p_h264_enc_mc.fw ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/firmware/vidc_720p_h264_enc_mc.fw
adb pull /etc/firmware/vidc_720p_mp4_dec_mc.fw ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/firmware/vidc_720p_mp4_dec_mc.fw
adb pull /etc/firmware/vidc_720p_mp4_enc_mc.fw ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/firmware/vidc_720p_mp4_enc_mc.fw
adb pull /etc/firmware/vidc_720p_vc1_dec_mc.fw ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/firmware/vidc_720p_vc1_dec_mc.fw
adb pull /etc/firmware/wlan/qcom_fw.bin ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/firmware/qcom_fw.bin
adb pull /etc/firmware/wlan/volans/WCN1314_qcom_fw.bin ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/firmware/WCN1314_qcom_fw.bin
adb pull /etc/firmware/wlan/volans/WCN1314_qcom_wlan_nv.bin ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/firmware/WCN1314_qcom_wlan_nv.bin
adb pull /etc/firmware/yamato_pfp.fw ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/firmware/yamato_pfp.fw
adb pull /etc/firmware/yamato_pm4.fw ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/firmware/yamato_pm4.fw
adb pull /etc/wifi/bcm4329_aps.bin ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/wifi/bcm4329_aps.bin
adb pull /etc/wifi/bcm4329_mfg.bin ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/wifi/bcm4329_mfg.bin
adb pull /etc/wifi/bcm4329_sta.bin ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/wifi/bcm4329_sta.bin
# not sure if libEGL_adreno200.so or libq3dtools_adreno200.so are proprietary
adb pull /system/lib/egl/libEGL_adreno200.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/egl/libEGL_adreno200.so
adb pull /system/lib/egl/libq3dtools_adreno200.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/egl/libq3dtools_adreno200.so
adb pull /system/lib/egl/libGLES_android.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/egl/libGLES_android.so
adb pull /system/lib/egl/libGLESv1_CM_adreno200.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/egl/libGLESv1_CM_adreno200.so
adb pull /system/lib/egl/libGLESv2_adreno200.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/egl/libGLESv2_adreno200.so
adb pull /system/lib/hw/copybit.msm7k.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/hw/copybit.msm7k.so
adb pull /system/lib/hw/gps.msm7k.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/hw/gps.msm7k.so
adb pull /system/lib/hw/gralloc.default.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/hw/gralloc.default.so
adb pull /system/lib/hw/gralloc.msm7k.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/hw/gralloc.msm7k.so
adb pull /system/lib/libActionShot.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libActionShot.so
adb pull /system/lib/libEGL.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/egl/libEGL.so
adb pull /system/lib/libGLESv1_CM.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libGLESv1_CM.so
adb pull /system/lib/libGLESv2.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libGLESv2.so
adb pull /system/lib/libOpenSLES.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libOpenSLES.so
adb pull /system/lib/libPanoraMax3.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libPanoraMax3.so
adb pull /system/lib/libQmageDecoder.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/libQmageDecoder.so
adb pull /system/lib/libSR_AudioIn.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/audio/libSR_AudioIn.so
adb pull /system/lib/lib_Samsung_Sound_Booster.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/audio/lib_Samsung_Sound_Booster.so
adb pull /system/lib/libakm.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libakm.so
adb pull /system/lib/libarccamera.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libarccamera.so
adb pull /system/lib/libaudio.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/audio/libaudio.so
adb pull /system/lib/libaudioeffect_jni.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/audio/libaudioeffect_jni.so
adb pull /system/lib/libaudiopolicy.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/audio/libaudiopolicy.so
adb pull /system/lib/libcamera.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libcamera.so
adb pull /system/lib/libcamera_client.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libcamera_client.so
adb pull /system/lib/libcameraservice.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libcameraservice.so
adb pull /system/lib/libcaps.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libcaps.so
adb pull /system/lib/libexif.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libexif.so
adb pull /system/lib/libril.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libril.so
adb pull /system/lib/libsamsungSoundbooster.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/audio/libsamsungSoundbooster.so
adb pull /system/lib/libsec-ril.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libsec-ril.so
adb pull /system/lib/libseccamera.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libseccamera.so
adb pull /system/lib/libseccameraadaptor.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libseccameraadaptor.so
adb pull /system/lib/libsecjpegarcsoft.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libsecjpegarcsoft.so
adb pull /system/lib/libsecjpegboard.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libsecjpegboard.so
adb pull /system/lib/libsecjpeginterface.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libsecjpeginterface.so
adb pull /system/lib/libsecril-client.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libsecril-client.so
adb pull /system/lib/libsoundpool.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/audio/libsoundpool.so
adb pull /system/media/Disconnected.qmg ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/Disconnected.qmg
adb pull /system/media/battery_batteryerror.qmg ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_batteryerror.qmg
adb pull /system/media/battery_charging_10.qmg ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_10.qmg
adb pull /system/media/battery_charging_100.qmg ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_100.qmg
adb pull /system/media/battery_charging_15.qmg ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_15.qmg
adb pull /system/media/battery_charging_20.qmg ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_20.qmg
adb pull /system/media/battery_charging_25.qmg ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_25.qmg
adb pull /system/media/battery_charging_30.qmg ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_30.qmg
adb pull /system/media/battery_charging_35.qmg ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_35.qmg
adb pull /system/media/battery_charging_40.qmg ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_40.qmg
adb pull /system/media/battery_charging_45.qmg ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_45.qmg
adb pull /system/media/battery_charging_5.qmg ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_5.qmg
adb pull /system/media/battery_charging_50.qmg ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_50.qmg
adb pull /system/media/battery_charging_55.qmg ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_55.qmg
adb pull /system/media/battery_charging_60.qmg ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_60.qmg
adb pull /system/media/battery_charging_65.qmg ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_65.qmg
adb pull /system/media/battery_charging_70.qmg ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_70.qmg
adb pull /system/media/battery_charging_75.qmg ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_75.qmg
adb pull /system/media/battery_charging_80.qmg ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_80.qmg
adb pull /system/media/battery_charging_85.qmg ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_85.qmg
adb pull /system/media/battery_charging_90.qmg ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_90.qmg
adb pull /system/media/battery_charging_95.qmg ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_95.qmg
adb pull /system/media/battery_error.qmg ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_error.qmg
adb pull /system/media/chargingwarning.qmg ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/chargingwarning.qmg
adb pull /system/usr/keychars/Broadcom_Bluetooth_HID.kcm.bin ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/keychars/Broadcom_Bluetooth_HID.kcm.bin
adb pull /system/usr/keychars/ancora_keypad_numeric.kcm.bin ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/keychars/ancora_keypad_numeric.kcm.bin
adb pull /system/usr/keychars/ancora_keypad_qwerty.kcm.bin ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/keychars/ancora_keypad_qwerty.kcm.bin
adb pull /system/usr/keychars/qwerty.kcm.bin ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/keychars/qwerty.kcm.bin
adb pull /system/usr/keychars/qwerty2.kcm.bin ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/keychars/qwerty2.kcm.bin

(cat << EOF) | sed s/__DEVICE__/$DEVICE/g | sed s/__MANUFACTURER__/$MANUFACTURER/g > ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/$DEVICE-vendor-blobs.mk
# Copyright (C) 2010 The Android Open Source Project
#
#
#

# Prebuilt libraries that are needed to build open-source libraries
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES := \\

# All the blobs necessary for exhibit devices
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \\

EOF

(cat << EOF) | sed s/__COMMON__/$COMMON/g | sed s/__MANUFACTURER__/$MANUFACTURER/g > ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/c1-vendor-blobs.mk
#
#
#

vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__COMMON__/proprietary/libcamera.so:obj/lib/libcamera.so \\
	vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__COMMON__/proprietary/libril.so:obj/lib/libril.so \\
	vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__COMMON__/proprietary/audio/libaudio.so:obj/lib/libaudio.so \\
	vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__COMMON__/proprietary/libsecril-client.so:obj/lib/libsecril-client.so \\
	vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__COMMON__/proprietary/audio/libaudiopolicy.so:obj/lib/libaudiopolicy.so

PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libActionShot.so:system/lib/libActionShot.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libGLESv1_CM.so:system/lib/libGLESv1_CM.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libGLESv2.so:system/lib/libGLESv2.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libOpenSLES.so:system/lib/libOpenSLES.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libPanoraMax3.so:system/lib/libPanoraMax3.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libakm.so:system/lib/libakm.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libarccamera.so:system/lib/libarccamera.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libcamera.so:system/lib/libcamera.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libcamera_client.so:system/lib/libcamera_client.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libcameraservice.so:system/lib/libcameraservice.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libcaps.so:system/lib/libcaps.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libexif.so:system/lib/libexif.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libril.so:system/lib/libril.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libsec-ril.so:system/lib/libsec-ril.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libseccamera.so:system/lib/libseccamera.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libseccameraadaptor.so:system/lib/libseccameraadaptor.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libsecjpegarcsoft.so:system/lib/libsecjpegarcsoft.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libsecjpegboard.so:system/lib/libsecjpegboard.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libsecjpeginterface.so:system/lib/libsecjpeginterface.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libsecril-client.so:system/lib/libsecril-client.so

PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/BCM4329B1_002.002.023.0944.0952.hcd:system/bin/BCM4329B1_002.002.023.0944.0952.hcd \\
	vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__COMMON__/proprietary/rild:system/bin/rild

PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \\
	vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__COMMON__/proprietary/cameradata/datapattern_420sp.yuv:system/cameradata/datapattern_420sp.yuv \\
	vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__COMMON__/proprietary/cameradata/datapattern_front_420sp.yuv:system/cameradata/datapattern_front_420sp.yuv

PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \\
	vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__COMMON__/proprietary/egl/libEGL_mali.so:system/lib/egl/libEGL_adreno200.so \\
	vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__COMMON__/proprietary/egl/libEGL_mali.so:system/lib/egl/libq3dtools_adreno200.so \\
	vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__COMMON__/proprietary/egl/libEGL_mali.so:system/lib/egl/libEGL_mali.so \\
	vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__COMMON__/proprietary/egl/libGLES_android.so:system/lib/egl/libGLES_android.so \\
	vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__COMMON__/proprietary/egl/libGLESv1_CM_adreno200.so:system/lib/egl/libGLESv1_CM_adreno200.so \\
	vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__COMMON__/proprietary/egl/libGLESv2_adreno200.so:system/lib/egl/libGLESv2_adreno200.so

PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/firmware/vidc_720p_command_control.fw:system/etc/firmware/vidc_720p_command_control.fw \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/firmware/vidc_720p_h263_dec_mc.fw:system/etc/firmware/vidc_720p_h263_dec_mc.fw \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/firmware/vidc_720p_h264_dec_mc.fw:system/etc/firmware/vidc_720p_h264_dec_mc.fw \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/firmware/vidc_720p_h264_enc_mc.fw:system/etc/firmware/vidc_720p_h264_enc_mc.fw \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/firmware/vidc_720p_mp4_dec_mc.fw:system/etc/firmware/vidc_720p_mp4_dec_mc.fw \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/firmware/vidc_720p_mp4_enc_mc.fw:system/etc/firmware/vidc_720p_mp4_enc_mc.fw \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/firmware/vidc_720p_vc1_dec_mc.fw:system/etc/firmware/vidc_720p_vc1_dec_mc.fw \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/firmware/qcom_fw.bin:system/etc/firmware/qcom_fw.bin \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/firmware/WCN1314_qcom_fw.bin:system/etc/firmware/WCN1314_qcom_fw.bin \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/firmware/WCN1314_qcom_wlan_nv.bin:system/etc/firmware/WCN1314_qcom_wlan_nv.bin \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/firmware/yamato_pfp.fw:system/etc/firmware/yamato_pfp.fw \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/firmware/yamato_pm4.fw:system/etc/firmware/yamato_pm4.fw

PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/hw/copybit.msm7k.so:system/lib/hw/copybit.msm7k.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/hw/gps.msm7k.so:system/lib/hw/gps.msm7k.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/hw/gralloc.default.so:system/lib/hw/gralloc.default.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/hw/gralloc.msm7k.so:system/lib/hw/gralloc.msm7k.so

PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/keychars/Broadcom_Bluetooth_HID.kcm.bin:system/usr/keychars/Broadcom_Bluetooth_HID.kcm.bin \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/keychars/ancora_keypad_numeric.kcm.bin:system/usr/keychars/ancora_keypad_numeric.kcm.bin \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/keychars/ancora_keypad_qwerty.kcm.bin:system/usr/keychars/ancora_keypad_qwerty.kcm.bin \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/keychars/ancora_keypad_qwerty.kcm.bin:system/usr/keychars/qwerty.kcm.bin \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/keychars/qwerty.kcm.bin:system/usr/keychars/qwerty.kcm.bin \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/keychars/qwerty2.kcm.bin:system/usr/keychars/qwerty2.kcm.bin 

PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/wifi/bcm4329_aps.bin:system/vendor/firmware/bcm4329_aps.bin \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/wifi/bcm4329_mfg.bin:system/vendor/firmware/bcm4329_mfg.bin \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/wifi/bcm4329_sta.bin:system/vendor/firmware/bcm4329_sta.bin

# blobs necessary for audio
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/audio/libSR_AudioIn.so:system/lib/libSR_AudioIn.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/audio/lib_Samsung_Sound_Booster.so:system/lib/lib_Samsung_Sound_Booster.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/audio/libaudio.so:system/lib/libaudio.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/audio/libaudioeffect_jni.so:system/lib/libaudioeffect_jni.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/audio/libaudiopolicy.so:system/lib/libaudiopolicy.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/audio/libsamsungSoundbooster.so:system/lib/libsamsungSoundbooster.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/audio/libsoundpool.so:system/lib/libsoundpool.so

# offmode charging    
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/charging_mode:system/media/charging_mode \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/playlpm:system/media/playlpm \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/libQmageDecoder.so:system/media/libQmageDecoder.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/Disconnected.qmg:system/media/Disconnected.qmg \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_batteryerror.qmg:system/media/battery_batteryerror.qmg \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_10.qmg:system/media/battery_charging_10.qmg \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_100.qmg:system/media/battery_charging_100.qmg \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_15.qmg:system/media/battery_charging_15.qmg \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_20.qmg:system/media/battery_charging_20.qmg \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_25.qmg:system/media/battery_charging_25.qmg \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_30.qmg:system/media/battery_charging_30.qmg \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_35.qmg:system/media/battery_charging_35.qmg \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_40.qmg:system/media/battery_charging_40.qmg \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_45.qmg:system/media/battery_charging_45.qmg \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_5.qmg:system/media/battery_charging_5.qmg \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_50.qmg:system/media/battery_charging_50.qmg \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_55.qmg:system/media/battery_charging_55.qmg \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_60.qmg:system/media/battery_charging_60.qmg \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_65.qmg:system/media/battery_charging_65.qmg \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_70.qmg:system/media/battery_charging_70.qmg \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_75.qmg:system/media/battery_charging_75.qmg \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_80.qmg:system/media/battery_charging_80.qmg \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_85.qmg:system/media/battery_charging_85.qmg \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_90.qmg:system/media/battery_charging_90.qmg \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_95.qmg:system/media/battery_charging_95.qmg \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_error.qmg:system/media/battery_error.qmg \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/chargingwarning.qmg:system/media/chargingwarning.qmg

EOF

./setup-makefiles.sh
I'm going to try this partition map for the Galaxy W.

Last edited:
Reactions: md1008

md1008

Dec 9, 2011
Thanks! Odin just uploads kernels and ROMs. Here's a good explanation of what it does: xdaforums.com/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S_Series

What I just learned is that the exhibit ii is very similar to the Samsung Galaxy W (code name Ancora): http://xdaforums.com/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_W Basically T-Mobile is selling the "Exhibit II" and Bell Canada (among others) sells the "Galaxy W". Unfortunately, it looks like the Galaxy W is a better phone.

Here's a list of all the i8150 phones (Galaxy W):
  • GT-I8150B (UK)
  • GT-I8150_EUR (europe)
  • GT-I8150_CHN (china)
  • GT-I8150_HK (hong kong)
  • GT-I8150_MEA
  • GT-I8150_SEA
So I went off and read up on the great work being done by arco68 and others. Arco68 just bricked his phone :-( He could use some donations, if you're into that kind of thing.

I've adapted his script to extract the proprietary files needed to make a new build. (His version is an adaptation of the one for the galaxy s ii.) Here's exhibit_extract_files.sh:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

#
#

DEVICE=ancora
COMMON=c1-common
MANUFACTURER=samsung

mkdir -p ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary
mkdir -p ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary
mkdir -p ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/audio
mkdir -p ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/cameradata
mkdir -p ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/egl
mkdir -p ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/firmware
mkdir -p ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/hw
mkdir -p ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/keychars
mkdir -p ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/wifi
mkdir -p ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging

# ancora (exhibit ii t679)

# c1-common
# galaxy w has .0952.hcd, exhibit ii has .0953.hcd
adb pull /system/bin/BCM4329B1_002.002.023.0944.0953.hcd ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/BCM4329B1_002.002.023.0944.0953.hcd
adb pull /system/bin/charging_mode ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/charging_mode
adb pull /system/bin/playlpm ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/playlpm
adb pull /system/bin/rild ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/rild
# exhibit ii has smaller cameras
adb pull /system/cameradata/datapattern_420sp_T679.yuv ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/cameradata/datapattern_420sp_T679.yuv
adb pull /system/cameradata/datapattern_front_420sp_T679.yuv ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/cameradata/datapattern_front_420sp_T679.yuv
adb pull /etc/firmware/vidc_720p_command_control.fw ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/firmware/vidc_720p_command_control.fw
adb pull /etc/firmware/vidc_720p_h263_dec_mc.fw ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/firmware/vidc_720p_h263_dec_mc.fw
adb pull /etc/firmware/vidc_720p_h264_dec_mc.fw ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/firmware/vidc_720p_h264_dec_mc.fw
adb pull /etc/firmware/vidc_720p_h264_enc_mc.fw ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/firmware/vidc_720p_h264_enc_mc.fw
adb pull /etc/firmware/vidc_720p_mp4_dec_mc.fw ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/firmware/vidc_720p_mp4_dec_mc.fw
adb pull /etc/firmware/vidc_720p_mp4_enc_mc.fw ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/firmware/vidc_720p_mp4_enc_mc.fw
adb pull /etc/firmware/vidc_720p_vc1_dec_mc.fw ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/firmware/vidc_720p_vc1_dec_mc.fw
adb pull /etc/firmware/wlan/qcom_fw.bin ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/firmware/qcom_fw.bin
adb pull /etc/firmware/wlan/volans/WCN1314_qcom_fw.bin ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/firmware/WCN1314_qcom_fw.bin
adb pull /etc/firmware/wlan/volans/WCN1314_qcom_wlan_nv.bin ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/firmware/WCN1314_qcom_wlan_nv.bin
adb pull /etc/firmware/yamato_pfp.fw ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/firmware/yamato_pfp.fw
adb pull /etc/firmware/yamato_pm4.fw ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/firmware/yamato_pm4.fw
adb pull /etc/wifi/bcm4329_aps.bin ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/wifi/bcm4329_aps.bin
adb pull /etc/wifi/bcm4329_mfg.bin ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/wifi/bcm4329_mfg.bin
adb pull /etc/wifi/bcm4329_sta.bin ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/wifi/bcm4329_sta.bin
# not sure if libEGL_adreno200.so or libq3dtools_adreno200.so are proprietary
adb pull /system/lib/egl/libEGL_adreno200.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/egl/libEGL_adreno200.so
adb pull /system/lib/egl/libq3dtools_adreno200.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/egl/libq3dtools_adreno200.so
adb pull /system/lib/egl/libGLES_android.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/egl/libGLES_android.so
adb pull /system/lib/egl/libGLESv1_CM_adreno200.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/egl/libGLESv1_CM_adreno200.so
adb pull /system/lib/egl/libGLESv2_adreno200.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/egl/libGLESv2_adreno200.so
adb pull /system/lib/hw/copybit.msm7k.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/hw/copybit.msm7k.so
adb pull /system/lib/hw/gps.msm7k.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/hw/gps.msm7k.so
adb pull /system/lib/hw/gralloc.default.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/hw/gralloc.default.so
adb pull /system/lib/hw/gralloc.msm7k.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/hw/gralloc.msm7k.so
adb pull /system/lib/libActionShot.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libActionShot.so
adb pull /system/lib/libEGL.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/egl/libEGL.so
adb pull /system/lib/libGLESv1_CM.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libGLESv1_CM.so
adb pull /system/lib/libGLESv2.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libGLESv2.so
adb pull /system/lib/libOpenSLES.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libOpenSLES.so
adb pull /system/lib/libPanoraMax3.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libPanoraMax3.so
adb pull /system/lib/libQmageDecoder.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/libQmageDecoder.so
adb pull /system/lib/libSR_AudioIn.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/audio/libSR_AudioIn.so
adb pull /system/lib/lib_Samsung_Sound_Booster.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/audio/lib_Samsung_Sound_Booster.so
adb pull /system/lib/libakm.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libakm.so
adb pull /system/lib/libarccamera.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libarccamera.so
adb pull /system/lib/libaudio.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/audio/libaudio.so
adb pull /system/lib/libaudioeffect_jni.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/audio/libaudioeffect_jni.so
adb pull /system/lib/libaudiopolicy.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/audio/libaudiopolicy.so
adb pull /system/lib/libcamera.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libcamera.so
adb pull /system/lib/libcamera_client.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libcamera_client.so
adb pull /system/lib/libcameraservice.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libcameraservice.so
adb pull /system/lib/libcaps.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libcaps.so
adb pull /system/lib/libexif.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libexif.so
adb pull /system/lib/libril.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libril.so
adb pull /system/lib/libsamsungSoundbooster.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/audio/libsamsungSoundbooster.so
adb pull /system/lib/libsec-ril.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libsec-ril.so
adb pull /system/lib/libseccamera.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libseccamera.so
adb pull /system/lib/libseccameraadaptor.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libseccameraadaptor.so
adb pull /system/lib/libsecjpegarcsoft.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libsecjpegarcsoft.so
adb pull /system/lib/libsecjpegboard.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libsecjpegboard.so
adb pull /system/lib/libsecjpeginterface.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libsecjpeginterface.so
adb pull /system/lib/libsecril-client.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libsecril-client.so
adb pull /system/lib/libsoundpool.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/audio/libsoundpool.so
adb pull /system/media/Disconnected.qmg ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/Disconnected.qmg
adb pull /system/media/battery_batteryerror.qmg ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_batteryerror.qmg
adb pull /system/media/battery_charging_10.qmg ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_10.qmg
adb pull /system/media/battery_charging_100.qmg ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_100.qmg
adb pull /system/media/battery_charging_15.qmg ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_15.qmg
adb pull /system/media/battery_charging_20.qmg ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_20.qmg
adb pull /system/media/battery_charging_25.qmg ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_25.qmg
adb pull /system/media/battery_charging_30.qmg ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_30.qmg
adb pull /system/media/battery_charging_35.qmg ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_35.qmg
adb pull /system/media/battery_charging_40.qmg ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_40.qmg
adb pull /system/media/battery_charging_45.qmg ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_45.qmg
adb pull /system/media/battery_charging_5.qmg ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_5.qmg
adb pull /system/media/battery_charging_50.qmg ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_50.qmg
adb pull /system/media/battery_charging_55.qmg ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_55.qmg
adb pull /system/media/battery_charging_60.qmg ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_60.qmg
adb pull /system/media/battery_charging_65.qmg ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_65.qmg
adb pull /system/media/battery_charging_70.qmg ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_70.qmg
adb pull /system/media/battery_charging_75.qmg ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_75.qmg
adb pull /system/media/battery_charging_80.qmg ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_80.qmg
adb pull /system/media/battery_charging_85.qmg ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_85.qmg
adb pull /system/media/battery_charging_90.qmg ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_90.qmg
adb pull /system/media/battery_charging_95.qmg ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_95.qmg
adb pull /system/media/battery_error.qmg ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_error.qmg
adb pull /system/media/chargingwarning.qmg ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/chargingwarning.qmg
adb pull /system/usr/keychars/Broadcom_Bluetooth_HID.kcm.bin ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/keychars/Broadcom_Bluetooth_HID.kcm.bin
adb pull /system/usr/keychars/ancora_keypad_numeric.kcm.bin ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/keychars/ancora_keypad_numeric.kcm.bin
adb pull /system/usr/keychars/ancora_keypad_qwerty.kcm.bin ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/keychars/ancora_keypad_qwerty.kcm.bin
adb pull /system/usr/keychars/qwerty.kcm.bin ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/keychars/qwerty.kcm.bin
adb pull /system/usr/keychars/qwerty2.kcm.bin ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/keychars/qwerty2.kcm.bin

(cat << EOF) | sed s/__DEVICE__/$DEVICE/g | sed s/__MANUFACTURER__/$MANUFACTURER/g > ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/$DEVICE-vendor-blobs.mk
#
#
#

PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \\

EOF

(cat << EOF) | sed s/__COMMON__/$COMMON/g | sed s/__MANUFACTURER__/$MANUFACTURER/g > ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/c1-vendor-blobs.mk
#
#
#

vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__COMMON__/proprietary/libcamera.so:obj/lib/libcamera.so \\
	vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__COMMON__/proprietary/libril.so:obj/lib/libril.so \\
	vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__COMMON__/proprietary/audio/libaudio.so:obj/lib/libaudio.so \\
	vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__COMMON__/proprietary/libsecril-client.so:obj/lib/libsecril-client.so \\
	vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__COMMON__/proprietary/audio/libaudiopolicy.so:obj/lib/libaudiopolicy.so

PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libActionShot.so:system/lib/libActionShot.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libGLESv1_CM.so:system/lib/libGLESv1_CM.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libGLESv2.so:system/lib/libGLESv2.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libOpenSLES.so:system/lib/libOpenSLES.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libPanoraMax3.so:system/lib/libPanoraMax3.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libakm.so:system/lib/libakm.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libarccamera.so:system/lib/libarccamera.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libcamera.so:system/lib/libcamera.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libcamera_client.so:system/lib/libcamera_client.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libcameraservice.so:system/lib/libcameraservice.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libcaps.so:system/lib/libcaps.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libexif.so:system/lib/libexif.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libril.so:system/lib/libril.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libsec-ril.so:system/lib/libsec-ril.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libseccamera.so:system/lib/libseccamera.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libseccameraadaptor.so:system/lib/libseccameraadaptor.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libsecjpegarcsoft.so:system/lib/libsecjpegarcsoft.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libsecjpegboard.so:system/lib/libsecjpegboard.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libsecjpeginterface.so:system/lib/libsecjpeginterface.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/libsecril-client.so:system/lib/libsecril-client.so

PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/BCM4329B1_002.002.023.0944.0952.hcd:system/bin/BCM4329B1_002.002.023.0944.0952.hcd \\
	vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__COMMON__/proprietary/rild:system/bin/rild

PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \\
	vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__COMMON__/proprietary/cameradata/datapattern_420sp.yuv:system/cameradata/datapattern_420sp.yuv \\
	vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__COMMON__/proprietary/cameradata/datapattern_front_420sp.yuv:system/cameradata/datapattern_front_420sp.yuv

PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \\
	vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__COMMON__/proprietary/egl/libEGL_mali.so:system/lib/egl/libEGL_adreno200.so \\
	vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__COMMON__/proprietary/egl/libEGL_mali.so:system/lib/egl/libq3dtools_adreno200.so \\
	vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__COMMON__/proprietary/egl/libEGL_mali.so:system/lib/egl/libEGL_mali.so \\
	vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__COMMON__/proprietary/egl/libGLES_android.so:system/lib/egl/libGLES_android.so \\
	vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__COMMON__/proprietary/egl/libGLESv1_CM_adreno200.so:system/lib/egl/libGLESv1_CM_adreno200.so \\
	vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__COMMON__/proprietary/egl/libGLESv2_adreno200.so:system/lib/egl/libGLESv2_adreno200.so

PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/firmware/vidc_720p_command_control.fw:system/etc/firmware/vidc_720p_command_control.fw \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/firmware/vidc_720p_h263_dec_mc.fw:system/etc/firmware/vidc_720p_h263_dec_mc.fw \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/firmware/vidc_720p_h264_dec_mc.fw:system/etc/firmware/vidc_720p_h264_dec_mc.fw \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/firmware/vidc_720p_h264_enc_mc.fw:system/etc/firmware/vidc_720p_h264_enc_mc.fw \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/firmware/vidc_720p_mp4_dec_mc.fw:system/etc/firmware/vidc_720p_mp4_dec_mc.fw \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/firmware/vidc_720p_mp4_enc_mc.fw:system/etc/firmware/vidc_720p_mp4_enc_mc.fw \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/firmware/vidc_720p_vc1_dec_mc.fw:system/etc/firmware/vidc_720p_vc1_dec_mc.fw \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/firmware/qcom_fw.bin:system/etc/firmware/qcom_fw.bin \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/firmware/WCN1314_qcom_fw.bin:system/etc/firmware/WCN1314_qcom_fw.bin \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/firmware/WCN1314_qcom_wlan_nv.bin:system/etc/firmware/WCN1314_qcom_wlan_nv.bin \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/firmware/yamato_pfp.fw:system/etc/firmware/yamato_pfp.fw \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/firmware/yamato_pm4.fw:system/etc/firmware/yamato_pm4.fw

PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/hw/copybit.msm7k.so:system/lib/hw/copybit.msm7k.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/hw/gps.msm7k.so:system/lib/hw/gps.msm7k.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/hw/gralloc.default.so:system/lib/hw/gralloc.default.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/hw/gralloc.msm7k.so:system/lib/hw/gralloc.msm7k.so

PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/keychars/Broadcom_Bluetooth_HID.kcm.bin:system/usr/keychars/Broadcom_Bluetooth_HID.kcm.bin \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/keychars/ancora_keypad_numeric.kcm.bin:system/usr/keychars/ancora_keypad_numeric.kcm.bin \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/keychars/ancora_keypad_qwerty.kcm.bin:system/usr/keychars/ancora_keypad_qwerty.kcm.bin \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/keychars/ancora_keypad_qwerty.kcm.bin:system/usr/keychars/qwerty.kcm.bin \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/keychars/qwerty.kcm.bin:system/usr/keychars/qwerty.kcm.bin \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/keychars/qwerty2.kcm.bin:system/usr/keychars/qwerty2.kcm.bin 

PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/wifi/bcm4329_aps.bin:system/vendor/firmware/bcm4329_aps.bin \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/wifi/bcm4329_mfg.bin:system/vendor/firmware/bcm4329_mfg.bin \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/wifi/bcm4329_sta.bin:system/vendor/firmware/bcm4329_sta.bin

# blobs necessary for audio
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/audio/libSR_AudioIn.so:system/lib/libSR_AudioIn.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/audio/lib_Samsung_Sound_Booster.so:system/lib/lib_Samsung_Sound_Booster.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/audio/libaudio.so:system/lib/libaudio.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/audio/libaudioeffect_jni.so:system/lib/libaudioeffect_jni.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/audio/libaudiopolicy.so:system/lib/libaudiopolicy.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/audio/libsamsungSoundbooster.so:system/lib/libsamsungSoundbooster.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/audio/libsoundpool.so:system/lib/libsoundpool.so

# offmode charging    
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/charging_mode:system/media/charging_mode \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/playlpm:system/media/playlpm \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/libQmageDecoder.so:system/media/libQmageDecoder.so \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/Disconnected.qmg:system/media/Disconnected.qmg \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_batteryerror.qmg:system/media/battery_batteryerror.qmg \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_10.qmg:system/media/battery_charging_10.qmg \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_100.qmg:system/media/battery_charging_100.qmg \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_15.qmg:system/media/battery_charging_15.qmg \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_20.qmg:system/media/battery_charging_20.qmg \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_25.qmg:system/media/battery_charging_25.qmg \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_30.qmg:system/media/battery_charging_30.qmg \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_35.qmg:system/media/battery_charging_35.qmg \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_40.qmg:system/media/battery_charging_40.qmg \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_45.qmg:system/media/battery_charging_45.qmg \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_5.qmg:system/media/battery_charging_5.qmg \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_50.qmg:system/media/battery_charging_50.qmg \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_55.qmg:system/media/battery_charging_55.qmg \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_60.qmg:system/media/battery_charging_60.qmg \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_65.qmg:system/media/battery_charging_65.qmg \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_70.qmg:system/media/battery_charging_70.qmg \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_75.qmg:system/media/battery_charging_75.qmg \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_80.qmg:system/media/battery_charging_80.qmg \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_85.qmg:system/media/battery_charging_85.qmg \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_90.qmg:system/media/battery_charging_90.qmg \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_charging_95.qmg:system/media/battery_charging_95.qmg \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/battery_error.qmg:system/media/battery_error.qmg \\
	vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$COMMON/proprietary/offmode_charging/chargingwarning.qmg:system/media/chargingwarning.qmg

EOF

./setup-makefiles.sh
I'm going to try this partition map for the Galaxy W.

This makes me really happy :)

I too am not familiar with Odin, I have experience flashing roms using CWM for the Triumph and Optimus V. With Odin can you make nandroids like you can with CWM?

s0unds

Dec 1, 2011
This makes me really happy :)

I too am not familiar with Odin, I have experience flashing roms using CWM for the Triumph and Optimus V. With Odin can you make nandroids like you can with CWM?
No, odin only flashes the device. It's limited because it's by samsung. It's their version of clockworkmod. You know it would have been easier if they just used clockworkmod, but they made their own.

With a rooted phone, you can make backups all you want. (Not as easy as nandroid backup but it works.)

But the point of your backup is to recover from a bad flash. Odin does that.

md1008

Dec 9, 2011
No, odin only flashes the device. It's limited because it's by samsung. It's their version of clockworkmod. You know it would have been easier if they just used clockworkmod, but they made their own.

With a rooted phone, you can make backups all you want. (Not as easy as nandroid backup but it works.)

But the point of your backup is to recover from a bad flash. Odin does that.

Thanks a lot! It would be better if it just had clockwork mod, but at least it's there.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Getting back to stock in Samsung Exhibit II

I put this together so that it may help others who need to return their Samsung Exhibit II 4G SGH-T679 back to stock condition. I can't guarantee that it will work for you, but it did work for me. I am not responsible for further damages for your phone.

1. If your phone is rooted, then you surely have the correct Samsung drivers installed to your PC already. The first time I connected my Exhibit II, all the drivers were automatically downloaded.

2. With your phone powered off, go into the Download (or Odin) mode by pressing the volume down and power buttons. When the screen with the exclamation mark appears, select the volume up button. You should now be in download mode.

3. Connect your Exhibit II to your PC.

2. Download this file http://dl.dropbox.com/u/425803/SGH-T679.zip and extract all the files.

3. Open Odin Multi Downloader v4.43.exe .

4. click on the OPS-Button and navigate to the folder with the extracted files and select Ancora.ops file.

5. Select the options: One Package, Protect OPS. I did not touch the Auto Reboot, Reset Time options.

6.Click on the One Package-Button and select the md5 file in the extracted folder.

7. Click on the Start button. The flashing process took around 5 minutes for me, at which point the phone rebooted into recovery mode to finish the process. I selected reboot the system.
    Root for Samsung Exhibit II 4G

The root for the Exhibit 4G by nocturnalmike works with the Exhibit II 4G as well.
    I got mine yesterday and rooted it today.
    Here a link to the thread.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1275415&page=3

Like it said, just unzip and run the .bat file. Wait for it to finish and your rooted.

Just be sure that all drivers are installed and you can access the phone storage from windows. I installed Samsung Kies because Windows didn't find any driver for mine.
    USB Debugging should also be enabled on the phone.

Hope this helps.
    Is there any way to remove the crappy Tmobile boot and shutdown animation and sounds?

To get rid of the startup and shutdown sounds, you'll need to be rooted and then use Root Explorer, EF File Explorer, or adb to find these files on your phone:

system/media/audio/ui/PowerOff.wav
    system/etc/PowerOn.wav

I replaced mine with silent sound files that I made using Windows sound recorder with my mic turned off. You can probably just delete them, if you prefer.

On a side note, to everyone working on a ROM for the Exhibit II, I'm cheering you on. Wish I could help, but I'm too noob. Mucho thanks in advance.
    Our Update

Thanks to Seriiez, I have a copy of the update in tar format. Basically, it's a new bloat-filled rom with a new kernel. The only root method thus far is to flash my rooted kernel. However, this drops you back a kernel version to 2.6.35.7. You can also flash cwm with the stock recovery (no, you don't need to rename it update.zip) and install the rom of your choice, more or less putting you back to square one.

Still, this will drop you back 2.6.35. This will not change until we get source code for the new kernel and root it.

Pulling an update from the new release to patch current systems would be a bear. What I've got to work with is a kernel w/o source and a system partition. Identifying which bits are new and which are old in the new /system partition isn't something I want to undertake.

Still, it's possible to build a debloated rom using the current material. That's what I'm going work on this weekend, among other things :)
    Hey, thanks to the guys who are trying to make a custom rom for this phone!
    Removing "System Manager App" is pretty effective at removing Carrier IQ. I think you might want to also do this:
    1. Warning: no guarantee this will work for you. People will probably put together an app to remove Carrier IQ, so I will edit this post to point to that. This is an experimental procedure that might work for you, or it might not.

2. Warning: after doing this, you will not be able to get firmware info by dialing *#1234#. Please dial *#1234# now and write down the information reported so you have access to it later.

3. Root your phone (post #3 on this thread has a link to instructions). This will install 'adb' on your computer as part of that process. Use it for the next step.

4. Use adb to save the files you are about to delete from your phone. You can open command prompt in windows or terminal on mac / linux, and type: adb pull /system/app/IQ-tmobile-release-signed-zipaligned-v1.1.apk, then press enter.

5. Browse to the current directory, shown in the prompt (command prompt or shell prompt). e.g. for Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>

6. Check that a file named IQ-tmobile-release-signed-zipaligned-v1.1.apk is there. If not, you don't have a backup. Windows may call the file IQ-tmobile-release-signed-zipaligned-v1.1 and hide the ".apk" extension.

7. Now go back to the command prompt and type adb pull /system/lib/libiq_service_tmobile_2.2.so

8. Check that a file named libiq_service_tmobile_2.2.so (or it may be missing ".so") shows up in the directory listing.

9. Close the command prompt or shell on your computer.

10. attachment.php
      Open the Terminal Emulator application from the phone's apps. (This next part does not use the computer.)

11. Type: su (and press enter). You may then be prompted to grant privileges to "Superuser." If you are asked, grant the privileges.

12. Type: mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mmcblk0p15 /system (press enter). Hint: there's a lower-case o after the first -, then an o in remount and block, but it's a zero in mmcblk0p15.

13. Type: rm /system/app/IQ-tmobile-release-signed-zipaligned-v1.1.apk /system/lib/libiq_service_tmobile_2.2.so (press enter). This will remove the Carrier IQ files from your phone.

14. Unless you already followed bomberbadj's instructions to remove "System Manager Application," the phone will now warn you over and over that "System Manager Application" is failing. You have to click the "force close" button on that warning, over and over, while completing the rest of the process. (This part is where the process could really use some polish.)
      attachment.php
      (I know this says Email, not System Manager Application)

15. Power off the phone by holding down the power button for a few seconds, then selecting "Power Off"

16. Power the phone back on by holding down the power button.

17. Now you will not be warned over and over about "System Manager Application," and the Carrier IQ files have been completely removed. Please post a note saying whether this worked for you or not.