[Q] F240L Stuck at bootscreen

Search This thread

Ishan Sardar

Jan 11, 2010
Dhaka
my phone is stuck on bootscreen I tried flashing it following this method. Everything went successful but I can't go to recovery menu to reset the device cuz it's stuck on bootscreen. Anyone got any idea how to fix this?

cougar214

May 16, 2011
I have found, on my phone anyway, that when you hold the volume down key and the power key it just sits there. I have to hold the buttons, let the power button go til I see the "LG" logo and hold the power button again. Then it gives me the factory reset screen. But you have to let go of the buttons as soon as you see this menu. Then you can hit power, hit power again, and it boots into recovery. Give that a try and see if it works.

Ishan Sardar

Jan 11, 2010
Dhaka
I have found, on my phone anyway, that when you hold the volume down key and the power key it just sits there. I have to hold the buttons, let the power button go til I see the "LG" logo and hold the power button again. Then it gives me the factory reset screen. But you have to let go of the buttons as soon as you see this menu. Then you can hit power, hit power again, and it boots into recovery. Give that a try and see if it works.

ok so I hold down both power and volume down button then the lg logo showed up I released the power button and hold it again then the lg logo disappear and comes again and then it goes blank (um still holding both of the buttons) and the notification light keep on blinking. um really starting to get worried here I exchanged the phone with my galaxy s3 there is no way I cud return it now and I wudn't even try to re-flash it if it wasn't for the miui rom it had installed when I got it. I just want my phone to be at default 4.1.2 and now I'm clueless :crying:

cougar214

May 16, 2011
That looks like the Korean download mode. When I use that method to get into recovery it's a bit tricky. I hold both buttons, nothing happens, while stil holding the volume down button, I let go of the power button just till I see the LG logo, then I hold the power button again til the small menu pops up. You have to let go of the buttons really quick when you see this menu because the power button and volume buttons are also the select button for this menu. Holding the buttons too long causes the menu to think you want to exit it....At least that's how it acts on my phone.

Mr.Armaani

Feb 27, 2014
Remove battery, wait for 5 sec, attach battery again. press and hold power + volume down + home key, when you see reset option or recovery press power button to confirm and it will be fine.

tomi001

Jul 6, 2012
Just try in the lg mobile support tool on top left and select update recovery the firmware will download and the phone will alobe get in the download mode and you don't have to do anything.

Sent from my LG-E986 using xda app-developers app