Just got the note3 and I'm lost on rooting

Search This thread

Iandv

Nov 27, 2011
Just got the note 3. I've Had the epic 4g touch, galaxy s2, galaxy s3 and galaxy s4. As soon as I get the phone, I look for the sticky on how to root. After I find the sticky, I follow the instructions in the video to a T. The CF auto root didn't work this time. My phone will not boot at all.

RECOVERY BOOTING.....
RECOVERY IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING
Set Warranty Bit : recovery

I'm stuck on this screen. Yikes. I've tried the CF auto root method several more times and the phone still won't boot.
Please don't bash me for knowing something that I should have known. I don't know what to do here. There is something entirely different with this new phone. Is this a sprint thing? Are they trying to keep people from using the hotspot for free?

Epix4G

Sep 14, 2011
phoenix
All you had to do is read ..... If your on 4.4.2 you need to use the latest for kit kat. ... If your phone is on 4.3 then you need the older cf auto root for jelly bean. ... They don't work the other way ....

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2466423

Use the one for 9005 if your on kit kat
Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Last edited:

Iandv

Nov 27, 2011
All you had to do is read ..... If your on 4.4.2 you need to use the latest for kit kat. ... If your phone is on 4.3 then you need the older cf auto root for jelly bean. ... They don't work the other way ....

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2466423

Use the one for 9005 if your on kit kat

So your saying that I need the one for SM-N9005 International Qualcomm? I want to be sure before I download. I carefully chose the one for sprint. Where is the older version for sprint?

Epix4G

Sep 14, 2011
phoenix
So your saying that I need the one for SM-N9005 International Qualcomm? I want to be sure before I download. I carefully chose the one for sprint. Where is the older version for sprint?

The older version is in our cf auto root in original development .... but it won't work on kit kat .... It's for 4.3 and if your phone is new it's probably 4.4.2 kit kat. ... so yes you need the one for 9005 international qualcomm that's what we have been using since the first kit kat leaks

Iandv

Nov 27, 2011
The older version is in our cf auto root in original development .... but it won't work on kit kat .... It's for 4.3 and if your phone is new it's probably 4.4.2 kit kat. ... so yes you need the one for 9005 international qualcomm that's what we have been using since the first kit kat leaks

I got it working again along with root. I was extremely cautious about using the cf auto root file that's for a different model number. Seeing that the instructions strictly state that the correct file should be downloaded. I found 3 posts from people who have downloaded the 9005 file with success that gave me confidence to continue.