Where is the auto unlock menu

Search This thread

kyano

Jul 23, 2010
PARIS
Hello,

I wan't to use Gear fit auto unlock function with my Note 3
I can't find the auto unlock menu in gear fit manager. Where is it?

kyano

Jul 23, 2010
PARIS
AFAIK there is no such a thing. Or am I wrong?

Accordind to the Gear's fit user manual this function exists.

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/c...321105624125/SM-R350_UM_EU_Eng_D11_140319.pdf

Activating the auto lock feature
Set the mobile device to lock automatically when it is disconnected from your Gear.
On the Settings screen, tick Auto lock.
Tap Continue, draw a pattern by connecting four or more dots, and then draw the pattern
again to verify it. When the Gear Fit is disconnected from the mobile device, you must draw
the pattern to unlock the mobile device screen.
The mobile device’s screen is automatically unlocked when the Gear Fit is connected to the
mobile device

krilinmvp

Mar 15, 2013
SCG
Works well with S5, but when you are far from Fit, only can unlock S5 with pattern, so I don't like it (I prefer use finger print).

Last edited:

adjenkins

Feb 5, 2006
strange..i'm on 4.4.2 too and don't see this feature :confused:
but i don't need it anayway since i have tasker :victory:

I'm having the same issue with my Gear Fit and Note 3. I don't have the option in Gear Manager to auto unlock the phone when connected although I'm pretty sure I used to as the auto unlock was a very useful feature. Perhaps a Gear Manager update removed this option. I've downloaded Tasker from the Play Store, any ideas how to set it up to allow me to auto unlock my phone when connected to the Fit? Cheers.

markyboy81

Aug 19, 2013
I'm having the same issue with my Gear Fit and Note 3. I don't have the option in Gear Manager to auto unlock the phone when connected although I'm pretty sure I used to as the auto unlock was a very useful feature. Perhaps a Gear Manager update removed this option. I've downloaded Tasker from the Play Store, any ideas how to set it up to allow me to auto unlock my phone when connected to the Fit? Cheers.
I've gone from galaxy gear 1 to gear fit using a Note 3 and I'm disappointed that the latest version of fit manager doesn't have this option, at least with the Note 3.
You can use Tasker to control the lock when the fit is connected as a bluetooth device. I don't use Tasker at the moment so hopefully someone else will chime in with the exact details.

tpearsall

Mar 24, 2008
I just flashed my S5 from KitKat to Lollipop and can't find the option anymore. Very annoying since that was one of my favorite features of the Gear Neo.

---------- Post added at 07:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 AM ----------

It looks like in lollipop the function has been replaced by trusted devices.