[Q] Okay Google refuse to listen.. [KK]

Search This thread

mcjordan92

May 27, 2011
** found the problem in post #17**

Does anyone managed to set the okay Google everywhere to work?
First the auto detection from home screen is not working at all..
The icon of the mic that supposed to be filled that means it is listening is always hollow aka not listening..
Also trying to install the okay Google everywhere but when trying to train my voice.. Saying 3 times okay Google... It refuse to hear me.. Kinda like my mic is broken but its not.. When I press manually the mic button and speak, it recognizes me perfectly!
Just to mention that I have it also installed on my tablet, Samsung galaxy note 10.1 kitkat and it works perfect on it..
Also installed it on my brother's Moto G kitkat..

I have the official leaked version of 4.4.2 kitkat.

Anyone ran into this weird problem too?
Thanks

Sent from my Xperia Z.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zewarxx

mcjordan92

May 27, 2011
Note the hallow mic on the home screen and the other pic is where I can't continue.. It won't hear me saying "Okay Google" no matter how I say it.. Tried to scream on it.. Whisper it, let my brother try, use a record of the google voice saying it.. Nothing..

Sent from my Xperia Z.

Attachments

• 1405214283684.jpg
    1405214283684.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 126
  • 1405214326169.jpg
    1405214326169.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 117

mcjordan92

May 27, 2011
Does anyone able to use the okay google? please just say if you can or not, and what ROM you use..

Brackaus

Sep 23, 2010
Change the language to "US English". otherwise the "Ok google" doesn't work unless your in Google now. (also try and fake an american accent :laugh:)

mcjordan92

May 27, 2011
Change the language to "US English". otherwise the "Ok google" doesn't work unless your in Google now. (also try and fake an american accent :laugh:)

Thanks but thats already on US..
I know how to set it up right I've done it on my tablet and my brother's phone.. and using it daily on my tablet. .
But from some unknown error it refuse to work on my phone.
Its freaking me out..

mcjordan92

May 27, 2011
After long long searching I found the problem.
It was an app called Floating WhatsApp that caused the mic to be used in the background or something..
I've talked to the developer of the app and he sent me another version possibly newer beta that fixed the problem..

Sent from my Xperia Z.

androidtweaker1

May 15, 2014
After long long searching I found the problem.
It was an app called Floating WhatsApp that caused the mic to be used in the background or something..
I've talked to the developer of the app and he sent me another version possibly newer beta that fixed the problem..

Sent from my Xperia Z.

good that you have sorted issue :eek::highfive:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ** found the problem in post #17**

Does anyone managed to set the okay Google everywhere to work?
    First the auto detection from home screen is not working at all..
    The icon of the mic that supposed to be filled that means it is listening is always hollow aka not listening..
    Also trying to install the okay Google everywhere but when trying to train my voice.. Saying 3 times okay Google... It refuse to hear me.. Kinda like my mic is broken but its not.. When I press manually the mic button and speak, it recognizes me perfectly!
    Just to mention that I have it also installed on my tablet, Samsung galaxy note 10.1 kitkat and it works perfect on it..
    Also installed it on my brother's Moto G kitkat..

I have the official leaked version of 4.4.2 kitkat.

Anyone ran into this weird problem too?
    Thanks

Sent from my Xperia Z.
    What ROM do you use?

Sent from my Xperia Z.

Stock 4.4.2 its in my signature