Phone restting every reboot - can't even unlock

Search This thread

RemeCA

Jun 21, 2014
Out of the blue my Nexus 5 totally flipped out. It only recognizes 215MB of 16GB internal storage, the rest is missing. It's also not getting service. Also, every time I reboot the phone, it goes back to totally factory stock. So I tried unlocking it, successfully, but then on reboot it was locked again. Need to unlock and install custom recovery so I can flash a new ROM, but I can't because of the reset thing. Any ideas?

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Rma the device. It sounds like your emmc flash memory is bad. You have the symptoms

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

GR0S

Jun 10, 2012
Log please. Perhaps you messed up with partitions just like me yesterday

RemeCA

Jun 21, 2014
Log please. Perhaps you messed up with partitions just like me yesterday

What logs? There's basically no storage on the device, and when I plug it into my computer, it sees the phone but it's totally empty. I did nothing to any partitions. This is my wife's phone, and she's been using it bone stock since she got it a few months ago. She wouldn't let me do anything to it, no rooting, no unlocking, and she doesn't do anything to it herself except use basic apps. It just started doing this on its own. I think we'll RMA it.

Last edited:

GR0S

Jun 10, 2012
What logs? There's basically no storage on the device, and when I plug it into my computer, it sees the phone but it's totally empty. I did nothing to any partitions. This is my wife's phone, and she's been using it bone stock since she got it a few months ago. She wouldn't let me do anything to it, no rooting, no unlocking, and she doesn't do anything to it herself except use basic apps. It just started doing this on its own. I think we'll RMA it.

go RMA then. Just thought you messed up like me yesterday (no radio, no modem).