[102414]Get CM11 based ROM work with F240x variants using this kernel - 100% working!

Search This thread

hakreul

Oct 27, 2013
Karachi
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Hey mohsin in from pakistab too

Ok one last question which recovery shall i use to flash cm11 roms and this kernel...because i used cwm 6.0.4.4 to flash one+one rom and it threw me an error stating it wasnt for my phone...got softbricked then...soo id be really grateful if you woud let me know what recovery to use...thanks

irt118

Apr 20, 2013

Ok one last question which recovery shall i use to flash cm11 roms and this kernel...because i used cwm 6.0.4.4 to flash one+one rom and it threw me an error stating it wasnt for my phone...got softbricked then...soo id be really grateful if you woud let me know what recovery to use...thanks
Use CWM 6.0.4.7 or twrp

Sent from my LG-F240L

Last edited:

mohsin.android

Jan 18, 2014
Lahore

You need to have CWM 6.0,4,5 or higher in order to install CM11.
Use Freegee app from play store to install CWM 6.0.4.7

jyhy

Nov 16, 2014
kernel not working

hello all, i'm using F240L and trying to install CM11 nightly with this kernel but this kernel makes my phone touch screen becomes unresponsive. anyone here could help me or guide me telling me what did i do wrong? thanks in advance.

here's my steps how i install.

wipe data, cache then dalvik
install from zip cm11 nightly then gapps then this kernel
then another dalvik wipe then reboot to system.

any steps is wrong?

mohsin.android

Jan 18, 2014
Lahore
hello all, i'm using F240L and trying to install CM11 nightly with this kernel but this kernel makes my phone touch screen becomes unresponsive. anyone here could help me or guide me telling me what did i do wrong? thanks in advance.

here's my steps how i install.

wipe data, cache then dalvik
install from zip cm11 nightly then gapps then this kernel
then another dalvik wipe then reboot to system.

any steps is wrong?

Steps are fine.
Try installing after factory reset.

davidspwy

Nov 9, 2010
Any kernel for cm12.
Im using Vanir-Commotio, it is a great rom to use at our korean model. Recently, it updated. I could install with its own kernel, but the sd card couldnt be detected.
Thx .

Sent from my Optimus G Pro using xda premium

MitoTakatori

Jul 20, 2013
Quezon City
www.itman.philwebsite.com
Any kernel for cm12.
Im using Vanir-Commotio, it is a great rom to use at our korean model. Recently, it updated. I could install with its own kernel, but the sd card couldnt be detected.
Thx .

Sent from my Optimus G Pro using xda premium

That is left to be waited. I guess it'll take a month or two for the kernel to pop-up (HOPEFULLY)

007_Fahad

Jan 28, 2014
Khanpur
Hi all! I just found and tested a kernel in LGVIET forum, courtesy of rui962190105.
It is made to work with the latest CM11 nightlies. It is working perfectly with the latest nightly I flashed.
It is also working with the latest VANIR and I guess also COMMOTIO.

Tested working with this ROMs:

1. VANIR (4.4.3 - 4.4.4)
2. COMMOTIO 4.4.4
3. BeanStalk 4.4.4
4. AICP 4.4.4
5. CM11 latest nightlies
6. PAC 4.4.4
7. Bliss Stalk 4.4.4
8. CARBON 4.4.4

I managed to test AICP, VANIR, CM11, BeanStalk and COMMOTIO with this, and no problems still.

Here is the link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-khXRwmmbnnSm0tUkVrdzE0dlk/view?usp=sharing

That is the kernel itself. Feel free to test it. I am on VANIR now and all is perfectly functioning.

How to:

1. Flash your CM11 ROM
2. Flash GAPPS
3. Flash this kernel
4. Kaching!

Of course do the wipes needed, and please use latest recovery.

IMPORTANT!

1.) If coming from stock F240x, I suggest flash first the ROM first:

ROM: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23578570567716050

2.) Then install FREEGEE, install CWM 6.0.4.7 recovery, place the CM11 ROM, GAPPS, this KERNEL to your device storage.

2.1.) I advise to flash Philz Touch recovery after CWM from FreeGee. It is much better.

3.) Reboot to recovery, make a backup first to be sure, do the wipes, flash as instructed above, do another dalvik wipe, boot to system.

4.) If all is well, then you are good. If not report back here.

BUGS (I guess):

- NFC (I dunno if it's the KERNEL or the ROM)
- Battery drains like 1% per 2 hours as for me, in Standby Mode.

also add the download links for these roms plz i am confuse out there

1. VANIR (4.4.3 - 4.4.4)
2. COMMOTIO 4.4.4
3. BeanStalk 4.4.4
4. AICP 4.4.4
5. CM11 latest nightlies
6. PAC 4.4.4
7. Bliss Stalk 4.4.4
8. CARBON 4.4.4

elada22

Jun 3, 2009
ok im stuck on recovery mod
i tried flashing cm12 so it cant load up
trying to go back to stock rom doesnt help
mount usb isnt responding on Phil
what can i do?

update
cant find a working drivers for windows 8.1 :/
im now trying to dnld CandyKat v1.3.1 for e980 to i9000 sd card and move it to my F240K
if any1 has a better idea i will b glad to hear

update2
ok i cant see the ext. sdcard now so i cant reach the zip file for candy
any1?..

Last edited:

irt118

Apr 20, 2013
ok im stuck on recovery mod
i tried flashing cm12 so it cant load up
trying to go back to stock rom doesnt help
mount usb isnt responding on Phil
what can i do?

update
cant find a working drivers for windows 8.1 :/
im now trying to dnld CandyKat v1.3.1 for e980 to i9000 sd card and move it to my F240K
if any1 has a better idea i will b glad to hear

update2
ok i cant see the ext. sdcard now so i cant reach the zip file for candy
any1?..
So you try flashing cm12 with this kernel on your F240k and now you get stuck ?

About philz recovery, it can't read your sd card, it only reads external storage

elada22

Jun 3, 2009
yes i knew that but i was downloading cm12 without notice its 12.
anyway i got it up n runnin a min. ago
the prob. was Phil recovery bug
after i choose to go back to stock recovery and 2 restart's its workin again
hope u will write it for others to know

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all! I just found and tested a kernel in LGVIET forum, courtesy of rui962190105.
    It is made to work with the latest CM11 nightlies. It is working perfectly with the latest nightly I flashed.
    It is also working with the latest VANIR and I guess also COMMOTIO.

Tested working with this ROMs:

1. VANIR (4.4.3 - 4.4.4)
    2. COMMOTIO 4.4.4
    3. BeanStalk 4.4.4
    4. AICP 4.4.4
    5. CM11 latest nightlies
    6. PAC 4.4.4
    7. Bliss Stalk 4.4.4
    8. CARBON 4.4.4

I managed to test AICP, VANIR, CM11, BeanStalk and COMMOTIO with this, and no problems still.

Here is the link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-khXRwmmbnnSm0tUkVrdzE0dlk/view?usp=sharing

That is the kernel itself. Feel free to test it. I am on VANIR now and all is perfectly functioning.

How to:

1. Flash your CM11 ROM
    2. Flash GAPPS
    3. Flash this kernel
    4. Kaching!

Of course do the wipes needed, and please use latest recovery.

IMPORTANT!

1.) If coming from stock F240x, I suggest flash first the ROM first:

ROM: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23578570567716050

2.) Then install FREEGEE, install CWM 6.0.4.7 recovery, place the CM11 ROM, GAPPS, this KERNEL to your device storage.

2.1.) I advise to flash Philz Touch recovery after CWM from FreeGee. It is much better.

3.) Reboot to recovery, make a backup first to be sure, do the wipes, flash as instructed above, do another dalvik wipe, boot to system.

4.) If all is well, then you are good. If not report back here.

BUGS (I guess):

- NFC (I dunno if it's the KERNEL or the ROM)
    - Battery drains like 1% per 2 hours as for me, in Standby Mode.
    Updated. Taken from 4.4.4. Credits to rui and wang_sai.
    Is there any difference in the battery life

Somehow. GO SMS PRO is the one killing my batt. Other than that, it's great.
    Well, here is the short review:

1. Tried to install using CWM 6.0.4.4 that I had. No success. The installation failed on checking phone's model for CM11 zip that I downloaded from the official site. Theoretically, it can be easily overcome by repacking the installation zip and small fix in the script, but I am not sure it wouldn't fail on something else after that. So, whoever wants to install it with lower CWM version, it will likely not work.
    2. I installed FREEGEE and activated CWM 6.0.4.7 installation from FREEGEE menu. Rebooted into the recovery after and CWM 6.0.4.7 was there. A tip for doing the same - the backups I had (and which were done via old CWM 6.0.4.4) became invisible for the new CWM version. So, you must rebackup your ROM before you continue, otherwise you can find yourself without an option to revert. BTW, 6.0.4.4 version had also touch controls, and the new doesn't :(
    3. After taking the backup, I continued according to the instructions and all went good. Got well known CM that I had on my old Galaxy II a while ago.
    4. So far, things work - all basic operations that I used were OK, SD card is visible, no issues at the moment though I am using it for a half day, so can't report batter life for example (Sphinx 1.5 that I had before had a great battery life).
    5. Unfortunately, GPS signal losing that my phone has from time to time (and this was the reason for trying CM 11, though I understood that it is not likely that ROM can cause to this, just wanted to give it a chance) is still here and it happens exactly like it was with stock, MIUI, Sphinx (which is based on stock). Still can't find the solution for my GPS issues.
    I updated my kernel this noon and it looks much better, have to wait 24h for a real feed-back.
    edit : i'm running on CM11 nightlies