Custom ROMs for Defy+ (MB526)

Search This thread

preethamrk

Nov 19, 2011
nothing but speed laggy

hi, i tried the nothing but speed rom, but it's slowed down most of the apps, and freezes very often. the response to the power button when i want to turn the screen off or on is also pretty bad most of the time. i don want to give up this rom because i like what it's trying to do. i also had a problem that my gsm provider wasn't detected, but i started using another sim and provider.
my kernel version was 2.6.32.9-gbdd614e, so i didn't flash any sbfs. just used 2ndinit and did a custom recovery of the rom.
thank u for ur help

nik00

Dec 15, 2012
I use Quarx Android 4.1.1 on my Defy Plus.

Everything is ok for me with latest 12.05 build.

AndreyPV

Dec 17, 2012
Updates?

This thread needs to be updated or something ^.^
I use CM10. Not as good as PACman on DesireS, but it's still the best in my opinion.

HammDefy

Dec 25, 2012
Hamm
I am using CodenameAndroid 4.0.0 with JellyX Custom Kernel (30.Dec.2012) . Great work by Kayant & BlechDose :good:

abhinavvaidya90

Jan 18, 2013
Ahmedabad
Help plss

Hello friend i upgraded my motorola defy+ B7 to ics but what has happened that now i dont have a play store app niether its connecting to my gmail now i am unable to get my contacts also .
Pls help.
and now root checker also says its not rooted but i do have superuser installed ???:(((

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all!

I've started this thread to share experience about the custom ROMs made exclusively for the Defy+, because I haven't seen such a collection topic here before. There's no Defy+ section here yet, and it's sometimes hard to find out if a Defy ROM works on MB526 also. So let's start off with the ROMs I've tried so far:

1. MIUI Pikachu Edition - this ROM has bricked my phone with bootloader error, but I've been able to bring it back to life by flashing this SBF with RSD Lite, which proved as a good base for Defy+ custom ROMs.

2. Epsylon's CM7.2, which had to be modded with camera and battery fix. It has some annoying bugs, and the latest version here is still from 27th January. Better avoid using it.

3. CM7 WhiteRabbit Edition 1.3 - it's just upgraded to 1.4, but the 1.3 I tried was based on the same 27th January build, so same annoying bugs. Looking good and fast as lightning on the other hand. UPDATE: I've asked TweetyPeety in the forum to use the latest Quarx2k CM builds instead of Epsylon's, and he said he would look into it.

4. CM9 by Quarx, build from 18th March. Awesome look, but the GUI is very slow, I suppose the hardware acceleration is not fully implemented yet. The overall operating of this ROM is quite fast though, the Gallery is exceptionally fast, if I overlook the graphical lags. Surprising, but I haven't experienced any stability problems, no FCs, no reboots, everything worked, this one looks super-stable. Only a few features are missing. Keep up the good work, Quarx.

5. CM7.2 by Quarx, build 20120323. I'm using it now, no problems so far. The GUI is a bit less fluid compared to WhiteRabbit. UPDATE: New 20120328 build has arrived!

6. NEW! EuroSkank KANGs for Defy+. No bugs encountered so far, the GUI is a little bit smoother than on Quarx2k's build, but maybe it's just a placebo effect.

7. Nothing But Speed! I'm using it right now, and it's extraordinary. New ROM based on MS2Ginger, tweaked by me, check it out here!

Note: I had to disable CPU management in the 2ndInit bootmenu for Quarx ROMs, otherwise it displays 0MHz as maximum frequency in CM performance settings, cannot be changed, and the CPU does not reach 1GHz.

WARNING! This thread is not for beginners. If you are not familiar with flashing SBF files, installing 2ndInit, installing zipped updates from recovery, doing nandroid backups etc, read this beginner's guide first!
    The Defy+ is just a Defy with the Bayer (red lens) camera (which some Defys have anyway), a larger capacity battery and overclocked to 1GHz (which you can easily do on a rooted Defy). It's exactly the same hardware platform as the red lens Defy and the same ROMs will work on it as on the red lens Defy. There really isn't much point in having separate Defy and Defy+ threads IMO, it would just clutter up the forums and cause confusion.

I don't think so.. Defy+ seems to have some specific issues: problems on camera, battery, new sbf.. If not, why the modders are shipping specific builds for this device?
    The Defy+ is just a Defy with the Bayer (red lens) camera (which some Defys have anyway), a larger capacity battery and overclocked to 1GHz (which you can easily do on a rooted Defy). It's exactly the same hardware platform as the red lens Defy and the same ROMs will work on it as on the red lens Defy. There really isn't much point in having separate Defy and Defy+ threads IMO, it would just clutter up the forums and cause confusion.

But the confusion is already there :D

I don't think so.. Defy+ seems to have some specific issues: problems on camera, battery, new sbf.. If not, why the modders are shipping specific builds for this device?

He is right, you know. DEFY+ is an overclocked bayer camera DEFY with a larger battery.
    *Camera and battery fixes are needed on Epsylon's builds, because he has a SOC DEFY. Quarx's has had a DEFY+ for a short while now, but his builds are already completely adjusted to it (both camera and battery are working completely correctly)

Everybody with an MB526! I've started an all-in-one guide thread for it, since the confusion is obviously very present... Please, ask questions that you have and things you think should be in the guide in private messages! So we don't mess up the thread too quickly.

It's here - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1566861

@Goose-T Mate, please don't be offended by this!
    next WhiteRabbit PLUS will be based on the latest QUARX, didn't know his source and Jordan is out of date.
    anybody tried jet the KANG cm7 rom on our defy+? theres a new defy+ nightly out there. can be better then quarx?

I've just installed it. :D The differences at first sight compared to Quarx2k-s builds are:
    • ICS font
    • EuroSkank bootanimation
    • the GUI is a little bit more fluid

I'm updating my list in the first post now.