[Updated 23 Mar 08] Call Firewall + SMS Blocker 1.4 - SmartPhone + MotoQ Versions

Search This thread

shaileshashar

Dec 6, 2004
Hi Friends,
I am Shailesh Ashar and this is my 2nd app. ( 1st being Group SMS details of which can be found here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=306682 ). OK guyz , this is a big one (atleast for me).

Whats the App:

CallFirewall basically rejects unwanted calls.

Features & Options:

a. Accecpt all calls - pretty self explainatory
b. Accept call from My Contacts only - accepts calls from contacts only, others are rejected
c. Reject all calls - pretty self explainatory
d. White List - accepts calls only from the white listed nos
e. Black List - accepts all call except from the black listed nos
f. Black List Pattern - any no STARTING from the black list pattern list is rejected.
for eg. if you enter "123", so all nos STARTING from "123" will be rejected
this is a very nice option with which you can block nos from any particular network, country, city , area or whatever you can think of.

Finally there is also an option to reply with an SMS.

IMPORTANT:
1. To Delete Blacklist/Whitelist Nos TAP & HOLD the stylus for a few seconds to get the options.
2. Autostart - Create a shortcut to Callfirewall.exe with 'startup' as parameter (without the '') and copy to windows/startup/
3. Please uninstall previous versions before installing ver 1.3
4. Also Delete Callfirewall.xml from the Root folder. Previous versions Callfirewall.xml will not work with ver 1.3.
5. The XML file for 1.3 and 1.4 are compatible.

KNOWN ISSUES :
1. One Ring Delay in Rejecting Calls.
2. Ongoing call -> Blocked Caller Calls -> Existing Call is Hung Up.
3. Problems with some Radio ROMS where the caller identdification is delayed by Windows by a couple of seconds.

PLEASE DO NOT MAIL ME COMPLAINING ABOUT THE KNOWN ISSUES.

Ver 1.4
----------
1. Selective Call Barring.
Now you can restrict selected outgoing calls.
2. Add outgoing calls as Appointments.

Ver 1.3
----------
1. Added SMS Black List
You can add numbers as well as names.
eg. you put 'abc' as name, then all smses starting , ending and containing 'abc' as contact name will be blocked. The same works for numbers as well so beware.
2. Added Silent Startup - Create a shortcut to Callfirewall.exe with 'startup' as parameter and copy to windows/startup/.
3. 'Add as Appointment' Timings can now be adjusted by minutes ( + or - ).
4. Appointment is now saved in format: "Call from : Mr.X NUMBER Accepted/Rejected", Category : Call Firewall, Reminder Alarm is not set.

Ver 1.2
----------
1. Added option to reject unknown / private / withheld nos
2. Option to Add Accepted calls as calendar appointment
3. Option to Add Rejected calls as calendar appointment
4. Toggle Option to show 'CallFirewall' in 'running programs' / Task Managers
5. Save User Settings so that it remains intact upon restart.
6. Completely revamped UI to accomodate new options.

Ver 1.1
----------
Also added an option when selected, will ask you whether to send an SMS when a call is rejected

SmartPhone Version 1.2
-------------------------------
I have ported the PPC version to SmartPhone as is. So essentially all the cons as well as issues with ppc have also been carried fwd.
I'll be working on all the issues and will also be incorporating some of the new features and suggestions listed by you all. So please keep the feedbacks coming. Also, I am doing this in my free time so pls be patient with the updates.

From now on Both PPC & SmartPhone versions will be updated hand in hand.

Please give your valuable feedback / Comments / Suggestions

Why Free:
I have taken a lots of info from this forum so its a kind of payback !!!

PREREQUISITES:

WM5 / WM6 ( does not work on WM2003 / 2002 )

.NET Compact framework 2
download here :
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...6b-356b-4a2c-857c-e62f50ae9a55&displaylang=en

DISCLAIMER:
Use it at your own risk

IMP NOTE:
1. CallFirewall has to be running in the background to work, so if u are using apps like HTC X button, etc be sure that CallFirewall is running.
2. Please uninstall previous version before installing new version.

DONATION:
If you like my software and wish to express your thanks, then PLEASE

[size=+1]
To Download go to http://www.logic-unlimited.in/callfirewall.php
Please use a download manager as there is some problem with the server.

Feel free to link to the download page but please do not link directly to the cab files. I want some traffic on my website.
[/size]

Attachments

• callfirewallshot.jpg
    callfirewallshot.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 12,534
  • CallFirewall_V_1_4.CAB
    351 KB · Views: 5,858
  • CallFirewallSP_V_1_4.CAB
    348 KB · Views: 2,168
  • CallFirewallQ_V_1_4.CAB
    348 KB · Views: 2,048
Last edited:

shaileshashar

Dec 6, 2004
Hey that sounds cool.. (especially the "FREE" part :) ).
Anyways, a request/question.. Is it possible for you to embed an "Interactive" functionality to the "Reply with SMS" option, i.e., when u miss/dismiss/ignore a call, it should ask you whether u want to sen an sms or not. (Just like SPB Phonesuite)...
I dont know how much sense it will make but if many people want it i'll definately do it.

shantzg001

Inactive Recognized Developer
I dont know how much sense it will make but if many people want it i'll definately do it.
Actually, the reasoning behind this is that while one is busy, or otherwise, if one doesnt want to take a call from a few ppl but he/she would not want to send a notification sms to all of them. and smtimes to the same person u might not want to send an sms and smtimes u might.. Many ppl I know want this feature especially those for whom sms is quite expensive (e.g. for me an sms is even more expensive than calling up the person for 2 minutes)
I dont know how difficult it would be to implement this.
One possible way would be to check in the registry whenever u miss a call, it would trigger a function to pop up the yes/no kinda dialogue/notification to send an sms to last missed number. (From the way SPB phonesuite works, I think that this is how it implements this).

shaileshashar

Dec 6, 2004
Actually, the reasoning behind this is that while one is busy, or otherwise, if one doesnt want to take a call from a few ppl but he/she would not want to send a notification sms to all of them. and smtimes to the same person u might not want to send an sms and smtimes u might.. Many ppl I know want this feature especially those for whom sms is quite expensive (e.g. for me an sms is even more expensive than calling up the person for 2 minutes)
I dont know how difficult it would be to implement this.
One possible way would be to check in the registry whenever u miss a call, it would trigger a function to pop up the yes/no kinda dialogue/notification to send an sms to last missed number. (From the way SPB phonesuite works, I think that this is how it implements this).

OK shantzg001 convinced,
will pm you when done.

shaileshashar

Dec 6, 2004
Hey that sounds cool.. (especially the "FREE" part :) ).
Anyways, a request/question.. Is it possible for you to embed an "Interactive" functionality to the "Reply with SMS" option, i.e., when u miss/dismiss/ignore a call, it should ask you whether u want to sen an sms or not. (Just like SPB Phonesuite)...

Done, pls download CallFirewallCab Ver 1.1 from the 1st post.

meehaa

Aug 20, 2006
downloaded, and works fine,
one thing, I have notice that it takes little longer to start ur application when compare to others, even group sms has this weeknes,
is something missing in my device which is needed to start it faster....?

shaileshashar

Dec 6, 2004
downloaded, and works fine,
one thing, I have notice that it takes little longer to start ur application when compare to others, even group sms has this weeknes,
is something missing in my device which is needed to start it faster....?

Both the apps are written using managed code so it will take a while to load.
I am not sure but if u install .net cf 2 on device instead of storage card then it should make some difference.

hasanj4

Aug 30, 2005
NICE - Well done.

There is a slight delay before the program kicks in (around a couple of rings).
.netcf2 installed.

Should be instantanuos.

charly_mx

Jan 18, 2007
Finally !!

I will reject my boss's calls in weekend without the need to turn muy phone off!! :)

Im downloading now and will try it. Its a looks like a sweet program!! thanks!! :cool:

art12345

Sep 24, 2006
This program don't start on my device (qtwc 2020). This is message error:

file or assembly name 'microsoft.windowsmobile.status, version=1.0.0.0, culture=neurtral, publickeytoken=31bf3856ad364e35', or one of its dependencies, was not found

What is going on?

I have CF .Net SP2 installed...

Anybody can help me?

Sorry for my english.

shaileshashar

Dec 6, 2004
This program don't start on my device (qtwc 2020). This is message error:

file or assembly name 'microsoft.windowsmobile.status, version=1.0.0.0, culture=neurtral, publickeytoken=31bf3856ad364e35', or one of its dependencies, was not found

What is going on?

I have CF .Net SP2 installed...

Anybody can help me?

Sorry for my english.

u should have .net cf 2 (two)
pls check
do u have CF .Net 1 (one) SP2

art12345

Sep 24, 2006
Sorry. My bad. I have NET CF 2 SP2. File name is NETCFv2.wm.armv4i.cab. Why call blocker dont dont run i my device?

shaileshashar

Dec 6, 2004
Sorry. My bad. I have NET CF 2 SP2. File name is NETCFv2.wm.armv4i.cab. Why call blocker dont dont run i my device?

I'll supply u with 3 dll files , pls put them in the program files folder where callfirewall resides, run the thing and let me know.

Attachments

• WindowsMobile.zip
    72.4 KB · Views: 507

Top Liked Posts