X18i Android dual SIM bought from Hong Kong

Search This thread
Hi iw4nk,

you need to replace/install another "recovery" than the original one on you phone first
with SP Flash Tool (PC application).

With this recovery it is possible to create Nandroid Backup (do it first before flashing other ROM)
Copy a ROM in the root of sdcard, in recovery mode chose your new ROM in zip-format you want to flash,
or reflash Backup you have make (sdcard/nandroid folder)
You dont need PC anymore.
This recovery allow to disable the signature verification.

Ready to do this?

At your own risk!

Be sure you have MT6573 CPU inside your Star x18i!

Read Martin´s Blog, you need MT65x3 USB VCOM drivers and SP Flash Tool v2.1134.00 from there.
http://bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspot.com/2011/10/mt65x3-flashing-tutorial.html

Download this ScatterFile and this Recovery

unzip Recovery.zip and rename "592zn.com_recovery_Star_X18i_MT6573.img" to recovery.img and flash it with SP Flash Tool.

To enter Recovery Mode press Vol up and Power simultanely

Regards.

Last edited:

iw4nk

Feb 7, 2012
kumai
New Custom ROM for X18i

thanks momofab, now i can flash my phone :D. i want share new custom rom for x18i from vness community.

MrTB v5 ROM
Link: ww*.mediafire.com/?j1l8vlac9az679e
Changelog:
- Android 2.3.6
- Fix bug completely unable to connect to 3g sim sim contacts remaining. Now you surf the web without worry miss call.
- Add boot function in the second 3g sim. With this function the 2 slots support 3g sim. You can completely change mount 2 sim 3g and connect with a simple click, no need to remove your sim change. This function is located in Settings -> Wireless and networking -> Mobile networks -> 3g Services -> 3g:
+ The default is sim slot 1 (the outermost slot), you can switch between two arbitrary sim slot.
+ If you select Off, 2 sim will only GSM status. This for anyone not using 3G, or when new users are turned off to help take the pin.
- Update the latest app, update ad blocking hosts.
- Fix the catalytic response, more app also dropped in the previous version (which can be related to an app that can not be DC and the system).
- Do not have much time so the new version is just the frame, not the optimal lot, not beauty. Everything that you will be home next patch or ROM. Make sure if fully optimized, 2.3.4 and 2.3.6 stronger 5 more ^ ^!
Note:
- Do you leave out the background to help take the pin. Rom so when finished will have black T lockscreen. You only need to change the lockscreen wallpaper inside bt will return.
- All other guidelines as the previous version.
- If there is anything, report immediately to his home.
- Fix widget sense: At the Root explorer -> system -> app, find the file and delete it fr.clockwidget.lpsense.odex reboot.

i was tested :D. but some app is still with vnes language :( . sorry if my english is not good :p

iw4nk

Feb 7, 2012
kumai
Check here :) ww*.tinhte.vn/f465/gioi-thieu-huong-dan-root-rom-cook-hk-phone-x8-3g-rom-cua-mrtb-1013770/index106.html (translate with google translate :D )

Reactions: momofab
on fshare there is the newer ROM from the third Feb. 2012.
You cant download it if you translate site, but HERE

I dont know what is better, I want test it soon to.

Have you see on this page, the viet. people brings another recovery via rooted phnone
and mobileuncletool chosing "flash Recovery.zip?

where the recovery must be stored on sdcard to do this job?
Can you read it to on first page, please?

iw4nk

Feb 7, 2012
kumai
ha..ha.. I never success with this (flash recovery with mobileuncle.apk)
so... i like with your tutorial :D

Dec 29, 2011
Hi all,

Thank you for your shares.
Recently I updated my phone with ROM provided by momofab (thank you again for this good tutorial ;) )
After install, I didn't see big changes ... Even my apps and account data was still in place. I have thinked after installation of new ROM, the phone would become "clean".

Ok, now I would like to test the new ROM provided by iw4nk but I have one important question before :confused:
Is this ROM includes french langage ?

Momofab, as soon as you will have installed this ROM, please give feedback ;)

regards

Hi all,

Thank you for your shares.
Recently I updated my phone with ROM provided by momofab (thank you again for this good tutorial ;) )
After install, I didn't see big changes ... Even my apps and account data was still in place. I have thinked after installation of new ROM, the phone would become "clean".

Ok, now I would like to test the new ROM provided by iw4nk but I have one important question before :confused:
Is this ROM includes french langage ?

Momofab, as soon as you will have installed this ROM, please give feedback ;)

regards

Hi momotchobiloute,

clean means, China App clean, not more.
Before You flash a new ROM perform a Wipe first, then it´s "virgin"

My feedback? I wait for yours.
Have you do what I talled you?

With the Recovery I gave you, you are able to swap quickly between custom ROMs. Is anything wrong, restore your Backup.

@iw4nk,

flash recovery with MUT, it works!
But I took v1.3. The Recovery is the same I gave you.

iw4nk

Feb 7, 2012
kumai
on fshare there is the newer ROM from the third Feb. 2012.
You cant download it if you translate site, but HERE

I dont know what is better, I want test it soon to.

Have you see on this page, the viet. people brings another recovery via rooted phnone
and mobileuncletool chosing "flash Recovery.zip?

where the recovery must be stored on sdcard to do this job?
Can you read it to on first page, please?

Yeahh..... now i have flash my phone with this ROM. But if you want to try this Rom, you must add 2 file into Rom (that file is KaiXinAccountService.apk and KaiXinAccountService.odek). if not flashing will aborted.
1. unzip / extrak this rom
2. copy & paste 2 file (KaiXinAccountService.apk & KaiXinAccountService.odek) to system/app -> download here www.4shared.com/zip/fnjPBxLL/update.html
3. zip Rom with name update.zip
4. sign rom. how to sign ROM??? you can check here androidforums.com/developer-101/8665-how-signing-roms.html
5. finish.... you can flash rom on recovery mode. :)

Sent from my Sony Experia Arc using xda premium

Last edited:

iw4nk

Feb 7, 2012
kumai
Ready??? Lets go....... :p
1. download signtool here www.4shared.com/file/gJ52bYsu/signing.html (pass: tama.online)
2. unrar / extract signtool
3. put your ROM (must rename "update.zip") to signtool folder. you will have 4 file update.zip, testsign.jar, setx.exe and autosign.bat
4. run autosign.bat & select number 2...... done.
5. select number 4 .. enter
signpj.png

6. DONE..

Note: java runtime must installed on your pc

"Sorry... my english is not good :D

Sent from my Sony Xperia Arc using xda premium

Last edited:

iw4nk

Feb 7, 2012
kumai
This original screenshot ROM v feb (momofab shared ROM)

uploadfromtaptalk1330182798064.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1330182798064.jpg

not wallpaper & fancy widgets :D

Sent from my Sony Xperia Arc using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1330182859643.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1330182859643.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 298
Reactions: momotchobiloute
Ready??? Lets go....... :p
1. download signtool here www.4shared.com/file/gJ52bYsu/signing.html (pass: online.tama)
2. unrar / extract signtool
3. put your ROM (must rename "update.zip") to signtool folder. you will have 4 file update.zip, testsign.jar, setx.exe and autosign.bat
4. run autosign.bat & select number 2...... done.
5. select number 4 .. enter
signpj.png

6. DONE..

Hi iw4nk,

You do a very hard and nice Job :cool:
Your English is good enough and better as mine :eek:

The MrTB v5 ROM is the better one but I personaly dont like it (Style).

For the X8-3GRom3.2.12.zip (do you mean it?) OK for adding the 2 KaiXinAccountService files.
But is it necessary to sign ROM?

With the Recovery from 592zn.com for Star_X18i_MT6573 by Linerty you´r be able to Toggle Signature Verification. I tested it. It works.

This Recovery is great. I perform a Nandroid backup with crosses on boot, system, cache and data. All Apps, Settings (GoogleAccount, Wireless etc) is stored in mnt/sdcard/nandroid/Star_X18i_MT6573. In this Folder the BCDS-Date-Time is your full Backup of your Phone.

With Nandroid Restore flash your Backup and you dont need to Perform settings anymore.

I hope you understand what I mean.

Greatings to Indonesia (hmm! not Malaysia):rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: iw4nk
Dec 29, 2011
Hello iw4nk,
Thank you for your posts.
Can we use an overclock / undervoltage app (like "setcpu" for exemple) with your ROM ?
==> Can be usefull to save battery and prevent freeze with some games.

Thanks

rdeleonp

Jan 25, 2012
What about whatsapp support?

Anyone knows if the new stock ROM, or the custom ones, allow whatsapp to function?

Stock one seemingly has problems with that...

marduk_hs

May 8, 2010
thanks momofab, now i can flash my phone :D. i want share new custom rom for x18i from vness community.

MrTB v5 ROM
Changelog:
- Android 2.3.6
- Fix bug completely unable to connect to 3g sim sim contacts remaining. Now you surf the web without worry miss call.
- Add boot function in the second 3g sim. With this function the 2 slots support 3g sim. You can completely change mount 2 sim 3g and connect with a simple click, no need to remove your sim change. This function is located in Settings -> Wireless and networking -> Mobile networks -> 3g Services -> 3g:
+ The default is sim slot 1 (the outermost slot), you can switch between two arbitrary sim slot.
+ If you select Off, 2 sim will only GSM status. This for anyone not using 3G, or when new users are turned off to help take the pin.
- Fix the catalytic response, more app also dropped in the previous version (which can be related to an app that can not be DC and the system).
- Do not have much time so the new version is just the frame, not the optimal lot, not beauty. Everything that you will be home next patch or ROM. Make sure if fully optimized, 2.3.4 and 2.3.6 stronger 5 more ^ ^!
Note:
- Do you leave out the background to help take the pin. Rom so when finished will have black T lockscreen. You only need to change the lockscreen wallpaper inside bt will return.
- Fix widget sense: At the Root explorer -> system -> app, find the file and delete it fr.clockwidget.lpsense.odex reboot.

i was tested :D. but some app is still with vnes language :( . sorry if my english is not good :p

Work this rom in Star LT18i?

kvpaul

Mar 11, 2012
Error while searching network

Hello All,

I am having different problem. I bought the same x18i from ebay, none of my 4 sims (Virgin mobile, orange, lebara) have reception. When I trying to search network, getting 'error while searching network'. And also tried outside my house, only getting o2 in th list. Meanwhile in my orange sanfransico(ZTE lebara) shows all the network in my home. Do you thinsk, is that problem of reception antenna?

My xi8i shows android 2.3.6. No 3d launcher, games, china apps. But in the sellers description includes all - i am interested in that 3 launcher and games. Can anyone have any solution? i am thinking to return it.

Thanks

marduk_hs

May 8, 2010
here is all MrTB roms x8 3G
http://code.google.com/p/android-x8-3g/downloads/list

the lastest is v7

here is the official forum and especifications of the roms ;D
http://hkphone.com.vn/diendan/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=285&extra=page%3D1

---------- Post added at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

Hi marduk_hs,

probably if You have MT6573 Chip inside.
Is your LT18i allready rooted?

I wanted to buy it in a few weeks
but I think I decided to buy the x18i

can anyone tell me if these x8 3g roms work on x18i? :p

Mar 13, 2012
Hi there,
I just received a Star X18i last week, and whereas it seems great, I think there's some problems with some sensors : I can't manage to make magnetic field or gyroscope work. Accelerometer and gravity sensors are working fine anyway.
I tried with different compass apps, and I was unable to make them work. :(
Do you guys (I mean x18i owners) have the same issue?
Do you know if there is a way to fix the problem?

Thank you so much for your help!!!

Reactions: soulboogaloo73

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Overclock X18i

Now, you can overclock x18i up to 800 mhz (default clock speed 650 mhz).
    On play market u can try mtk-test app. But, I have mtk-control (donate version) and if you want this app (mtk-control), click thanks for me and send PM. I will. Send download link for U. ;)

Thanks
    Sent from My X18i Using XDA Premium
    Step by step Flashing Original ROm X18i

Check here

But... Sorry
    My English is Not Good
    sedih.gif
    . I Hope U Can understand with this Tutoriall
    gitar.gif

If U like ... U can Give me Thanks
    sip2.gif
    Originally Posted by kingvasudev View Post

CAN ANY BODY UPLOAD SIGNED ROM.........
    I AM UNABLE TO SIGN ROM......
    SIGNATURE VERIFICATION FAILED
    ERROR IS COMMING

If you are already using recoveryMOD, and ROM is not signed, you can Fix it on recovery mode
    1. go to recovery mode
    2. select Flash zip from sdcard
    3. select Toogle signature verification and wait...
    4. choose zip from sdcard
    5. find your ROM and flash it..

BUT HOW TO GET RECOVERYMOD?

I was share instruction step by step flashing Original Rom Here
    But, If you only want flashing RecoveryMOD to your phone (X18i). you must download
    1. Sp FlashTool Here
    2. RecoveryMOD For X18i Here
    Extract to desktop your PC
    Next
    1. turn off u phone and remove batery
    2. Open SP FlashTool
    select Option > checklist "USB MODE"
    3. Select Scatter-loading. will open new window popup.Go to where you extract RecoveryMOD Folder and open MT6573_scatters.txt
    4. Put u battery to phone
    5. Select Download on SP FlashTool
    6. If u see Time. Connect Usb Cable to Phone (Must Quickly)
    Wait .....
    And DONE.... Turn On U Phone
    I Hope It Can Help U . AND SORRY MY ENGLISH NOT GOOD

For detail Visit My Web
    My X18i CookedROM

This Is My First CustomROM For X18i
    Make ICS Style On X18i :D
    if you want to try it, Please Click HERE

Oups...!
    If you like with my customROM, Please Click thanks for me

nagih.gif

ngayal2.gif
    New Custom ROM for X18i

MrTB v5 ROM
    Changelog:
    - Android 2.3.6
    Note: