Jun 3, 2008
Those roms are only for testers,
Unfortunally i don't have it.

Inviato dal mio LG-P920 usando Tapatalk

askanix

Apr 9, 2008
Breda
V20F still gets Ghost Calls

I installed 20F today, rooted it and installed the latest cm7 (update-cm-7-20120306-NIGHTLY-p920-signed).
after a couple of hours I still recieved calls.
every once in a while I would put my phone in flight mode just to check if it would go (when I get ghost call problems my phone wouldn't go into flight mode).
then this afternoon I put the phone into flight mode and it wouldn't go into it.
I put my phone back into 2g mode (this seems work for ghost calls with me)

in summery:
ghost call error still seems to be present with V20F

Reactions: dromico

dromico

Jun 19, 2006
tested since yesterday and today one message "reorganize internal process" while calling then no change on ghost call, i think 20f is not one of the rom with the fix, then we have to look for 21c and 21d

linuxluver

Aug 21, 2009
Auckland
3dluver.blogspot.com
Fixed my ghost call issue myself...

OK...I've had the Telecom XT SIM back in my LG Optimus 3D phone (on stock Android v2.3.5) for almost 4 days and it has been working flawlessly...not missing phone calls and not missing txts.

I have changed two things:

1. I stopped using the LG-supplied "Application Manager" app to periodically kill all apps. There really isn't any need anyway.

2. I have changed the Network Mode (Menu -> Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Mobile Networks) to "GSM/HSPA Auto" from HSPA only (which I had been using as my telco doesn't do GSM at all, only WCDMA).

One or other or both of these changes appear to have addressed the problem of falling off the XT network several times / day.

TylDurden

May 10, 2009
Killing tasks probably has nothing to do with it. Setting it to hspa only is a good idea. Unfortunately I'm back on froyo. Can someone else try this and confirm? Maybe I'll flash GB again if it works.

botson71

Jul 31, 2007
OK...I've had the Telecom XT SIM back in my LG Optimus 3D phone (on stock Android v2.3.5) for almost 4 days and it has been working flawlessly...not missing phone calls and not missing txts.

I have changed two things:

1. I stopped using the LG-supplied "Application Manager" app to periodically kill all apps. There really isn't any need anyway.

2. I have changed the Network Mode (Menu -> Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Mobile Networks) to "GSM/HSPA Auto" from HSPA only (which I had been using as my telco doesn't do GSM at all, only WCDMA).

One or other or both of these changes appear to have addressed the problem of falling off the XT network several times / day.

I'm afraid that yours/ours problems with ghost calls aren't solved with the above mentioned workarounds.

1. I never use the LG Application Manager to kill apps, or any other Task Killer.

2. I always set the network connectivity to GSM-only or HSPA-only, and I still receive ghost calls like many other users who reported that they still get ghost calls on 2G-only mode.

3. I'm afraid 4-days are not enough to confirm if you still have the problem. The ghost calls frequency and appearance are completely random. I call my O3D (with stock GB ROM, unrooted) from my second phone 5-10 times a day. There were times that I didn't have ghost calls for 10+ days, then I had them for 1-2 days, then no ghost calls for 5-10 days and so on.

linuxluver

Aug 21, 2009
Auckland
3dluver.blogspot.com
I'm afraid that yours/ours problems with ghost calls aren't solved with the above mentioned workarounds.

1. I never use the LG Application Manager to kill apps, or any other Task Killer.

2. I always set the network connectivity to GSM-only or HSPA-only, and I still receive ghost calls like many other users who reported that they still get ghost calls on 2G-only mode.

3. I'm afraid 4-days are not enough to confirm if you still have the problem. The ghost calls frequency and appearance are completely random. I call my O3D (with stock GB ROM, unrooted) from my second phone 5-10 times a day. There were times that I didn't have ghost calls for 10+ days, then I had them for 1-2 days, then no ghost calls for 5-10 days and so on.

WRT #2 - I set the GSM/HSPA Auto mode....not the GSM-only or HSPA-only modes.

WRT #3 - I did not see the ghost calls / txt issue at all in 8 days on the 2Degrees cellco...and now it's 5 days back on Telecom without any ghost calls. If you wanted to combine those, it's been a total of 13 days without the problem at all.

The only other thing I did that could have had any impact was a factory reset before going to the 2Degrees SIM....but I had the ghost call issue several times in the day following the factory reset, which was why I decided to switch telcos to test that. Maybe it cleared something out, combined with swapping SIMs.

I know that being on Bell Canada for a couple of months saw Bell 'soft-lock' my phone and I had to use the SIM Toolkit to manually reset the network. Perhaps the factory reset cleared some persistent setting somewhere picked up from a network I was on at some point. I am speculating. I don't know.

Whatever may have changed, I was seeing the problem 4-5 times day at least until swapping to 2Degrees....and haven't seen at all, even after swapping back to Telecom. The only other consistent change was setting the phone on GSM/HSPA Auto.

Maybe my telco fixed something broken in their network. I can't rule that out either.

Last edited:

shab_2008

Feb 25, 2012
hi

yesterday it happened for me!!

the LG released a rom with many problems!!

its support is so awful!!

dromico

Jun 19, 2006
This weekend I will test 21d too, more people in testing more data for discovers all the problems

Edit: One ghost call, I'm sure because happen during some test calls I made for check the problem :(

Last edited:

cool_recep

Aug 30, 2008
Istanbul
Guys, stop posting every damn ROM that LG releases for some other country...

LG has not released any update on ghost call issue and they are not using us as lab rat. They will release a ROM for this problem, but the ROMS coming out are not related to ghost call issue.

So, either we need to keep waiting, or start spamming LG Facebook page again to kick their ass in order to speed up!

Deth Becomes You

Sep 11, 2010
ZombieTown, USA
Guys, stop posting every damn ROM that LG releases for some other country...

LG has not released any update on ghost call issue and they are not using us as lab rat. They will release a ROM for this problem, but the ROMS coming out are not related to ghost call issue.

So, either we need to keep waiting, or start spamming LG Facebook page again to kick their ass in order to speed up!

Exactly! Whatever the fix will be, LG will release it worldwide, not just in Spain or Canada or whatever.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Breaking News

IMPORTANT NEWS ON THE GHOST CALL ISSUE

Hi guys. I bought an O3D about 2 months ago via a close friend of mine who is working at the Turkish branch of LG. About 2 weeks ago, I read this topic and discovered that I also was experiencing this issue but I wasn't aware of that to that moment. So after I realized this big problem, I read the whole topic and I confirmed that I have the exact problem on my O3D. After that I immediately called my friend at LG and told him about the problem, summarized to him what I read in this topic and sent him the link of this topic.

He contacted me today to tell me about the progress and he said that there are good news. After my call, he sent an e-mail to the LG HQ at Korea, and after a few days, they directly called him on the phone, and they discussed about the problem. My friend said to me that at first, the research & development department didn't believed this problem of ours, because it didn't showed up on some tests they ran. But after he told them what I told him and he showed this xda topic to them, they realized that this is a pretty big issue.

So, for now we know the global R&D team of LG is developing a patch for this issue, it’s not a brand new baseband but they say it will work. Actually my friend said that LG released a patch in France a few days ago and France branch will send it to the Turkish branch in a couple of days, after that Turkish LG will run some tests with the patch and if it works, they will release it. So, if it is “the” patch, maybe some of you guys can search for it and find out that if it works or not by yourselves, before some official announcement from LG Global.

I hope they will solve this problem of our very soon. If I hear any news, I will write again.

P.S. : I was following this O3D forum for 2 months and this ghost call topic for 2 weeks but I just created an account to write down the news I have for you.
    Wikipedia entry

I just edited the wikipedia page for Optimus 3D

==Software==

The Phone Runs on Android 2.2 (Froyo) from stock. It can be updated to Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread) although some phones may require a computer to do this.

Since the release of the "Gingerbread" update (mid November for the European open handsets), many (if not all) of the handsets suffer from what the users themselves refer to as random "ghost-calls". While a caller trying to reach an Optimus 3D owner hears a normal ringing tone on his side, the Optimus 3D doesn't really ring and there is no record of a missed call either. This way, the called party has no knowledge that somebody tried to reach them until the caller complains in person. There is a dedicated thread for the "ghost calls issue" at the web site of XDA developers ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1475351 ) and several complaints have been sent to LG's support page and Facebook wall by users from different countries. Sadly, LG have made no public announcements regarding the issue...

LG have announced that Android 4.0 (ICS) will be released for the Optimus 3D in the Third Quarter of 2012. Users hope the upate will fix previous issues, although they demand that a patch is released as soon as possible.

Take a look: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LG_Optimus_3D#Software
    4) Are you using the stock or a custom ROM? Promethius V1.2 21E
    5) Are you using a custom kernel? Promethius Kernel V1.2
    This is most probably your problem (in bold). And I'm wondering why you keep posting that the stock V21E has ghost calls when you have have installed a custom rom with a custom kernel. You've already made three posts in three different threads that V21E has ghost calls which clearly isn't true, at least in your case.

I suggest you could read before posting. Some relevant info here:

The creator of the Promethius, samno, said that "Ghost-calls problem is kernel related has always been. You shouldnt have any with stock kernel but if you flash a custom one you may be at risk until lg release there sources for 21E" (here).

Also another member, that didn't have any ghost calls with V21E, has noticed ghost calls immediately after he flashed the Promethius kernel. After he flashed back the stock kernel, the ghost calls disappeared (his post here)

Of course I'm not saying that at the moment the V21E has fixed 100% the ghost calls issue. My first ghost call with the 21A appeared 3 weeks after I installed it, so I guess we have to wait a couple of weeks. However, based on numerous reports here, people who were constantly experiencing ghost calls with the older GB roms don't have any GC so far with the V21E, so there is highly possible that the 21E completely fixed the issue or made it extremely rare.
    Ghost Call Video

I agree, post it on youtube and we'll start spamming it across...

Hey Guys,

Here is a The Video that I made when I experienced a baseband crash, it is not the best production but at least it shows the problem that we all been suffering using this phone.

http://youtu.be/kCdQV8LpIIk

Let's hope LG will finally admit the problem and release a fix for it.
    Ok guys, I have updated the review of Optimus 3D on Turkey's 2nd most visited tech site, stating the ghost call problems of the phone.

You can find the review here (Last paragraph) :

http://www.chip.com.tr/urun/lg-optimus-3d_i3377.html