is it possible to disable htc ring lock screen?

Search This thread

bobahajduk

Oct 21, 2011
to customize my lock screen i tried using holo locker.. it is ok but stupid htc ring shows itself from time time :silly: i got also a no lock app, and tried to combine it with holo locker, but it doesn't helps- at the and i can always see the ring :( can it be disabled on stock ICS rom by any trick? root maybe?

bobahajduk

Oct 21, 2011
Try GO locker.Have option to disable system lock.Not sure if it works on ICS.
on desire s ICS stock rom GO locker lags as hell , and there is no option to disable stock locker (it directs you to system settings and on ICS there is no option to disable the locker) :(

Last edited:

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
on desire s ICS stock rom GO locker lags as hell , and there is no option to disable stock locker (it directs you to system settings and on ICS there is no option to disable the locker) :(

With root you could delete the system app that controls the lock screen. May throw force closes or bootloops at you though so best make a nandroid backup from recovery before hand :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Aquous

Aug 16, 2012
With root you could delete the system app that controls the lock screen. May throw force closes or bootloops at you though so best make a nandroid backup from recovery before hand :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Oh, no, there are no ill side effects from deleting the HTC lockscreen APK - it will just replace your lockscreen with the stock ICS one (yes, getting rid of the ring ;) )