[Q] Find My Mobile Setting Galaxy S5

Search This thread

breni

May 25, 2014
I've searched all around this forum and haven't seen anybody with this issue.

I cannot find the Find My Mobile Setting, which was supposed to be on Settings > Security > Remote Control.

Does anyone know if this setting was suppressed on SGS5 or just on T-Mobile's SM-G900T? How to enable this setting?

Thanks in advance.

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California

I cannot find the Find My Mobile Setting, which was supposed to be on Settings > Security > Remote Control.

Does anyone know if this setting was suppressed on SGS5 or just on T-Mobile's SM-G900T? How to enable this setting?

Thanks in advance.

It isn't there on any of the carrier branded phones.

Reactions: didedsq and breni

breni

May 25, 2014

Thank you very much!!!

Sorry for bothering you, but I have a few more questions. I am from Brazil and these modifications on Android made by T-Mobile really bothers me:

1) If I install a custom Rom, will fix these problems (T-Mobile's modifications)?

2) Do you know if there is a Non Branded Firmware for SM-G900T or any other stock firmware compatible with this model?

Thanks for helping me!!!

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
Thank you very much!!!

Sorry for bothering you, but I have a few more questions. I am from Brazil and these modifications on Android made by T-Mobile really bothers me:

1) If I install a custom Rom, will fix these problems (T-Mobile's modifications)?

2) Do you know if there is a Non Branded Firmware for SM-G900T or any other stock firmware compatible with this model?

Thanks for helping me!!!

1. Depends which rom
2. Yes, anything in the international S5 section on XDA is compatible with the g900t. Those will remove all the tmobile modifications.

Reactions: breni

breni

May 25, 2014
1. Depends which rom
2. Yes, anything in the international S5 section on XDA is compatible with the g900t. Those will remove all the tmobile modifications.

@aooga, you really helped me. Once again, thank you very much!

Last questions, I promise :D

1. Depends which rom
So, what you are saying is that depends on which Android this Rom is based, correct? For example, the AllianceRom based on SM-G900F is a free modifications Rom, is that right?

I downloaded the stock firmware of SM-G900M on the international S5 section, but I couldn't flash it without Root. Should I root my device first?

Thanks in advance

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California

1. Depends which rom
So, what you are saying is that depends on which Android this Rom is based, correct? For example, the AllianceRom based on SM-G900F is a free modifications Rom, is that right?

I downloaded the stock firmware of SM-G900M on the international S5 section, but I couldn't flash it without Root. Should I root my device first?

Thanks in advance

1. If it is based on G900F software, then yes, the tmobile stuff will be removed. That's the stock international phone.

2. No need to flash the whole firmware...things can go wrong with that. Just flash a rom in TWRP (custom recovery). Don't use odin for anything. Yes, you need to root and install custom recovery in order to flash roms. Again, do NOT flash anything in ODIN. Find a rom that is flashable in recovery, not a firmware that's flashable in odin.

Hope it helps. :good:

tp2215

Oct 2, 2010
Orlando

Thanks in advance.

It's disabled via csc. It's enabled in my rom or just use a file manager to open system/csc/features.xml. Then find the two options that say find my mobile and change false to true and reboot. Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Reactions: aooga and breni

breni

May 25, 2014
1. If it is based on G900F software, then yes, the tmobile stuff will be removed. That's the stock international phone.

2. No need to flash the whole firmware...things can go wrong with that. Just flash a rom in TWRP (custom recovery). Don't use odin for anything. Yes, you need to root and install custom recovery in order to flash roms. Again, do NOT flash anything in ODIN. Find a rom that is flashable in recovery, not a firmware that's flashable in odin.

Thank you very much, @aooga. You really helped a lot.

breni

May 25, 2014
It's disabled via csc. It's enabled in my rom or just use a file manager to open system/csc/features.xml. Then find the two options that say find my mobile and change false to true and reboot. Enjoy!

Thank you very much, tp2215!! You helped me a lot also. The only thing is that I had to change true to false and not the inverse.

Which rom based on the original Android and without the T-Mobile modifications you suggest me to install? I'd really appreciate if you could help me once more.

Thanks in advance.

tp2215

Oct 2, 2010
Orlando
Thank you very much, tp2215!! You helped me a lot also. The only thing is that I had to change true to false and not the inverse.

Which rom based on the original Android and without the T-Mobile modifications you suggest me to install? I'd really appreciate if you could help me once more.

Thanks in advance.

Well if you are referring to an aosp based rom that isn't TouchWiz then there isn't over yet. My rom is the project infinity rom. The only real differences between the international roms and the t mobile roms is the t mobile roms have WiFi calling and HD voice included. Check the Android development forums for either and compare them, they all focus on different things and have there strengths and weeknesses.

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California

Ah cool. Didn't know that.

Skyrocket2

Sep 21, 2012

the two options I have show one is true and the other is false. so, do I just change the false one to true and that's it?

john1red

Jan 24, 2012
Need Help

Can any one please give me it feature file. As i had done all steps which are told above.

thanks in advance

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you very much!!!

Thanks for helping me!!!

1. Depends which rom

1. Depends which rom

Thanks in advance

Thanks in advance.

Well if you are referring to an aosp based rom that isn't TouchWiz then there isn't over yet. My rom is the project infinity rom. The only real differences between the international roms and the t mobile roms is the t mobile roms have WiFi calling and HD voice included. Check the Android development forums for either and compare them, they all focus on different things and have there strengths and weeknesses.