[HOW-TO] downgrade HBOOT 0.92 to 0.80 again

Search This thread

Lior84

Aug 2, 2010
I copied the file. Powered on the phone as described and it didn't find anything. Pushed power button and since then it black screen with red triangle ! what now ???

jorgenask

Jul 30, 2009
Bergen
have read somwhere that people are running into trouble with unrevoked + 64bit windows.. anyone can confirm that it works fine ? i use vista 64bit so got a bit worried :(

laav

Dec 9, 2009
I copied the file. Powered on the phone as described and it didn't find anything. Pushed power button and since then it black screen with red triangle ! what now ???
Take battery out, and restart the whole process, same here.

Edit; File renamed and copied to SD, restart but only the message: no or wrong image! What's wrong :p?

Last edited:

thl1988

Aug 5, 2010
Does anyone know if this works on HBOOT 0.83 after the new Vodafone UK 1.24.161 update?

I've rooted with UnrEVOked 3.1 which went fine but can't boot into recovery mode or use RUU.

Lior84

Aug 2, 2010
Glad to say, it works. Back to Hboot 0.80 and 2.1:)

Now what ? root it and then update with froyo rooted HTC update ?

laav

Dec 9, 2009
Last edited:

Lexington24

Aug 5, 2010
Hi there,

i've been looking at XDA forums for quite some time.

I can tell you this method works on a unbranded Desire bought in Belgium (and probably comming from The Netherlands), and no gold card was needed.

Thanx for the tutorial. Time to try Unrevoked !

laav

Dec 9, 2009
Weird :S, i have tried all the mirrors, tried with full sd, clear sd, formatted sd and all of them didnt work.

I see that he checks but get all-time 'no or wrong image!', anyone with the same error or maybe a fix?

erto90

Jun 21, 2008
Firenze ( Florence )
someone confirm that works without goldcard on non-brand devices?
@laav what class is your sd? some people were having issue ( in similar operation) with class 2 microsd

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    !!!! ROOTING/FLASHING/DOWNGRADING IS ALWAYS ON YOUR OWN RISK !!!!
    Attention: This method will completely wipe your phone!!!

You can find the reworked Tutorial here: http://android-tutorials.org/
    Video of the first step is online: Step 1

Video of the 3 & 4 step is online: Step 3 & 4

Known Problems
    If you have problems while re-rooting or custom recovery (unrevoke) try to downgrade again with the above procedure.
    Make sure you have made a new goldcard.
    If you have problems e.g. 140 ERROR please follow these instructions (thx to raz2133)
    This will fix your MISC Partition so you can flash back original RUU files.

Happy re-rooting ;)

P.S. i hope you can understand this because english is not my foreign language
    For everyone how was in bad luck and updated to the original OTA FroYo here is a way how you can revert it.

The User maximini1 has found a thread where they describe how you can downgrade to 0.80 again.

So i try to explain how you have to do it.

Preparation
    1. Make a NEW Goldcard (here)
    2. Download PB99IMG.zip (here - MIRROR - germany MIRROR2)
    3. Rename the downloaded file to "PB99IMG.zip" and copy it onto your SD Card.

Flashing
    1. Shutdown yor mobile
    2. Hold Volume up and press power
    3. wait until PB99IMG.zip was found and checked
    4. Press Volume Up <yes> - PICTURE 1
    5. Wait until all steps are done. DON't POWER OFF YOUR DEVICE!!! - PICTURE 2
    6. After flashing press Volume Up to reboot
    7. done

Happy re-rooting ;)

Is it working? Did try anyone?
    The Download links are now dead (understandable after this amount of time) and I need to downgrade my Desire from the Official 2.3.3 update so that I can root my phone. Where can I go from here to downgrade?

You could just use revolutionary to S-off?
    http://revolutionary.io/
    Isn't it compatible with the "new" 1.02.0001 hboot|?