Sport armband for nexus 4??

Search This thread

Stevenator21

Jul 3, 2012
I have been wondering avout the same thing. I have looked but nothing so far....................

heresey

Nov 18, 2011
Going to try a Galaxy S III Case

I haven't found any Nexus 4 sport cases, but I found A LOT of S3 compatible ones. S3 is a little bigger but close-ish in size according to phonearena, so I'm going to try a generic case that is maybe on the snug side for an S3 that hopefully the Nexus 4 will stay in.

Candidates:
  • Evecase®Velcro Sport Workout Armband Carrying Case for Samsung Galaxy S3 SIII i9300 (AT&T i747, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon) - Black / white
  • Mybat Sport Armband Case for Cell Phones & Smartphones 251, Black

Reactions: hamdroid94

whooda

May 25, 2008
I just cut a cheap tpu or silicone case and slide an old armband through it. Cut the slits parallel with the side of the phone; about 1/4" smaller than the band that you are going to pass through. Make sure the case is tight on the phone and you should be good to go. I have also used a seidio active case (the one with the 3 plastic pieces). You slide the strap between the hard plastic and the rubber liner and it will work well too.

kind of like this
210454807.jpg

The attached photos are of a seidio active case for a galaxy s2 but it fits the nexus 4 if you cut a new hole in the rubber for the headphone plug. The power button matches up perfect but the volume buttons are a bit off. The lower button on the case is even with the top button on the phone.

I use this setup because I hate having the plastic protector that is on every workout case I have found. Once you start sweating its nearly impossible to control the phone. It also holds the phone extremely well. I have crashed my bike on the trail several times while using this setup and have not had a single issue with it.

Attachments

• IMG_0583.jpg
    IMG_0583.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 961
  • IMG_0584.jpg
    IMG_0584.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 868
  • IMG_0585.jpg
    IMG_0585.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 761
Last edited:

XxSilent22xX

Nov 30, 2009
Detroit
I am thinking about ordering the arkon xxl armband this monday, it should fit the nexus 4 fine i think. I will update this post if i do.

Sent from my Nexus 4

benblb

Sep 18, 2008
I just cut a cheap tpu or silicone case and slide an old armband through it. Cut the slits parallel with the side of the phone; about 1/4" smaller than the band that you are going to pass through. Make sure the case is tight on the phone and you should be good to go. I have also used a seidio active case (the one with the 3 plastic pieces). You slide the strap between the hard plastic and the rubber liner and it will work well too.

kind of like this
210454807.jpg

The attached photos are of a seidio active case for a galaxy s2 but it fits the nexus 4 if you cut a new hole in the rubber for the headphone plug. The power button matches up perfect but the volume buttons are a bit off. The lower button on the case is even with the top button on the phone.

I use this setup because I hate having the plastic protector that is on every workout case I have found. Once you start sweating its nearly impossible to control the phone. It also holds the phone extremely well. I have crashed my bike on the trail several times while using this setup and have not had a single issue with it.

I highly recommend against this method for anyone who wants the phone stable. With this method the phone bounces all over the place when moving. Not an issue as much on a bike, but there are much better options.

whooda

May 25, 2008
I highly recommend against this method for anyone who wants the phone stable. With this method the phone bounces all over the place when moving. Not an issue as much on a bike, but there are much better options.

Been using this method for the last 4 years on 3 different phones. It has worked great for me. If you cut the slits near the edge of the phone and just a bit smaller than the band (mine is 3" tall) it works well.
But hey, to each their own.

bullyfrog

Oct 3, 2007
I'm using my no brand s3 armband. (was using an s3 before getting the nexus 4) Anyway, the headphone jack hole placement is slightly off, but you can still connect your earphones through it without much difficulty. The phone fits snugly enough in the armband too. Hence, if you can't wait till a n4 armband is available, just use the s3 one. It gets the job done.

Sent from my Nexus 4

heresey

Nov 18, 2011
Pictures or link?

I'm using my no brand s3 armband. (was using an s3 before getting the nexus 4) Anyway, the headphone jack hole placement is slightly off, but you can still connect your earphones through it without much difficulty. The phone fits snugly enough in the armband too. Hence, if you can't wait till a n4 armband is available, just use the s3 one. It gets the job done.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Since the band you used is no-brand, can you post a picture of it?
Or, if you still have the link to where you bought it, share?

Looking at the S3 dimensions I thought that this would work as well, but the particular band that I got was WAY too tight on the sides.

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

I haven't found any Nexus 4 sport cases, but I found A LOT of S3 compatible ones. S3 is a little bigger but close-ish in size according to phonearena, so I'm going to try a generic case that is maybe on the snug side for an S3 that hopefully the Nexus 4 will stay in.

Candidates:
  • Evecase®Velcro Sport Workout Armband Carrying Case for Samsung Galaxy S3 SIII i9300 (AT&T i747, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon) - Black / white

This one:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00904UE3A/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00

Was too small for the Nexus 4.

bullyfrog

Oct 3, 2007
Some pics of my brand-less arm band. I apologies for the grainy pics. But I was using my Nexus 7 (front cam) to take these..

uploadfromtaptalk1356066754596.jpg
As you can see, the earphone jack doesn't exactly fit but its not that big a deal that i'd need to go out and buy a new armband :)

Sent from my Nexus 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356066695433.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356066695433.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 965
  • uploadfromtaptalk1356066722557.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356066722557.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 874
  • uploadfromtaptalk1356066737540.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356066737540.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 824
  • uploadfromtaptalk1356066783877.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356066783877.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 990
Last edited:
Reactions: fortunz

derekchai2000

Nov 9, 2010
I am using this armband that is made by Belkin for Samsung Galaxy S3. Good quality n its a tight fit,might not suit users who wanna constantly take out the phone when u are jogging or engaging in whatever activities.There is also a small slot for putting your keys

Attachments

• IMG_20121223_161923.jpg
    IMG_20121223_161923.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 826

Zanthexter

Sep 14, 2009
Houston

heresey

Nov 18, 2011

DforDesign

Jul 1, 2011

kind of like this
210454807.jpg

Who is so dumb to play TapTap Revenge while having his phone on armband?

From the other hand it can be a good excercise...

sry for offtopic...

androidtoy09

Jun 2, 2009

Jim Beam5

Jan 9, 2011
Leicester
Anyone know of any waterproof ones that will fit? Living in Sydney and when it rains it smashes it down so am a bit worried about water damage when out jogging.

snapper.fishes

Aug 7, 2010
Hong Kong
Anyone know of any waterproof ones that will fit? Living in Sydney and when it rains it smashes it down so am a bit worried about water damage when out jogging.

Look for a Galaxy S3 water proof armband. The S3 is 0.5 mm thinner, but 1.9 mm wider and 2.7 mm taller, so a waterproof armband that fits the S3 should also fit the Nexus 4 (assuming you are not using a bumper, which would increase the dimensions considerably).

ShodiWarmic

Apr 11, 2011
Norwich, CT
I was browsing eBay and stumbled on this: BLACK Sport Armband Case Bag Pouch Cover for LG Google Nexus 4 E960 I remembered seeing your question in the posts list, so figured I'd pass along the info.

It doesn't look like it's custom for the N4, but depending on how long you're willing to wait for something that is, maybe it'd "do" ?

I just ordered one of these as well, will post a running review after I get it sometime next week or the week after. I figured I couldn't go too wrong for under $5

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am using this armband that is made by Belkin for Samsung Galaxy S3. Good quality n its a tight fit,might not suit users who wanna constantly take out the phone when u are jogging or engaging in whatever activities.There is also a small slot for putting your keys
    Hey guys,
    Have y'all seen any armbands for working out for the N4?

I was browsing eBay and stumbled on this: BLACK Sport Armband Case Bag Pouch Cover for LG Google Nexus 4 E960 I remembered seeing your question in the posts list, so figured I'd pass along the info.

It doesn't look like it's custom for the N4, but depending on how long you're willing to wait for something that is, maybe it'd "do" ?

$(KGrHqV,!pUFCjwRV38pBQzKUnjdTw~~60_12.JPG

$T2eC16hHJG8E9nyfp-1!BQzKV1yhrw~~60_12.JPG

$(KGrHqR,!rgFCD(T!CmPBQzKV3dhLQ~~60_12.JPG

$T2eC16d,!ykE9s7t)+9gBQzKV4ozZw~~60_12.JPG

kind of like this
    210454807.jpg

Going to try a Galaxy S III Case

Candidates:
    Some pics of my brand-less arm band. I apologies for the grainy pics. But I was using my Nexus 7 (front cam) to take these..

uploadfromtaptalk1356066754596.jpg
    As you can see, the earphone jack doesn't exactly fit but its not that big a deal that i'd need to go out and buy a new armband :)

Sent from my Nexus 4