[ROM] [4.4.3] VanirAOSP [Official] [formerly ATOM] full-featured linaro+

Search This thread

jeff5347

Feb 29, 2012
Mass
Re: [rom][4.2.2] /// atom422 \\\ [v7] [02/20]

I was reading thru this thread...looking to flash it in the morning. What gapps is everyone using?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

mrchambo

Aug 27, 2009
Gulf Shores

---------- Post added at 06:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 AM ----------

And, I heartily recommend Anarkia's AK Pirates v704 kernel!

MrC

Reactions: MBQ_ and Az Biker

jeff5347

Feb 29, 2012
Mass

Just wanna make sure. This gapp?
Gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

Also wondering. Do u guys use the productivity pack as well?

Az Biker

Sr. Mod / RC-RT Committees / Shred'r of MTBs
Staff member

Anyone looking for a great balance between customizing and leanness, Atom is it! Just enough to make it what I want, and lean enough to keep it smooth, and let it fly with AK 704... Incredible job Prime! Seriously...

Sent from my bacon-wrapped Galaxy Nexus 4G LTE dipped in crazy sauwze via Tapatalk 2

heXacode

Jan 16, 2011

Anybody willing to help me out with confirmation of a music player app not working? I'm running this ROM with AK kernel with super clean installation.

Download GoneMad Music Player (trial) and see if you can play music through that app. I'm currently discussing generic errors with that developer to pinpoint audiotrack errors and need feedback to let him know that it isn't just me with the problem. Any help is appreciated!

heXacode

Jan 16, 2011
Hey Prime. An app developer and I found a bug in your ROM that could use some attention if you're interested? It has to do with audio lib and how metadata extraction in openSL has been pretty buggy. It returns incorrect values for sample rate. Some of the media players that are currently working are reading off of mp3 tags and such. If it didn't have tags then no songs would be able to play on your ROM. Right now tags are being relied on and legacy decoder (from older software builds) are being used for playback. If you can fix OpenSL for correct values on sample rates then the legacy decoder wouldn't have to be used. Right now the sample rate is being read from mp3 tags and sample rate is 68. If OpenSL is fixed then we wouldn't have to worry about legacy decoder kicking in. Hope this makes sense.

Reactions: MBQ_

PrimeDirective

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 7, 2010
Hey Prime. An app developer and I found a bug in your ROM that could use some attention if you're interested? It has to do with audio lib and how metadata extraction in openSL has been pretty buggy. It returns incorrect values for sample rate. Some of the media players that are currently working are reading off of mp3 tags and such. If it didn't have tags then no songs would be able to play on your ROM. Right now tags are being relied on and legacy decoder (from older software builds) are being used for playback. If you can fix OpenSL for correct values on sample rates then the legacy decoder wouldn't have to be used. Right now the sample rate is being read from mp3 tags and sample rate is 68. If OpenSL is fixed then we wouldn't have to worry about legacy decoder kicking in. Hope this makes sense.

perfect sense. that's great information man. i wish i had more users giving me info like this lol. right now we are tracking CM's frameworks/av which is where all that stuff is located. it may take me a bit of time to locate everything but i'll get to work on it. thanks again.

Reactions: heXacode

heXacode

Jan 16, 2011

perfect sense. that's great information man. i wish i had more users giving me info like this lol. right now we are tracking CM's frameworks/av which is where all that stuff is located. it may take me a bit of time to locate everything but i'll get to work on it. thanks again.

No problem.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

heXacode

Jan 16, 2011

Its too quiet in here for such a great underrated ROM.

heXacode

Jan 16, 2011

ha ha i take that as a sign there's no bugs? :p

Nope. I dug pretty deep into this ROM for any issues. Only 2 issues were that audioengine we discussed and the lack of a enable/disable log and having to edit 98SHOCK for the rm /dev/log/main to turn it on.

Az Biker

Sr. Mod / RC-RT Committees / Shred'r of MTBs
Staff member

ha ha i take that as a sign there's no bugs? :p

I don't think it's gonna be underrated for long... Coupled w/AK Pirate 704 this thing screeeeeeams! Perfect balance of customization and leanness IMHO... Great job PrimeDirective!

Sent from my bacon-wrapped Galaxy Nexus 4G LTE dipped in crazy sauwze via Tapatalk 2

PrimeDirective

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 7, 2010
I don't think it's gonna be underrated for long... Coupled w/AK Pirate 704 this thing screeeeeeams! Perfect balance of customization and leanness IMHO... Great job PrimeDirective!

Jim forked AK's source and vanirized a kernel from it for us. I'd like to see some teamwork with the AK guys and would be happy to accept them on board if they wanted to team up. i'd be glad to set up our gerrit to accept kernel changes. ultimately i wanted to borrow some build magic from CM and make it so if you lunch a device it will search for kernel source and automatically download it... then an extra flag will be added to the mka build command to give the option to build kernels from source instead of using a prebuilt. so like mka bacon -K -j8. super pimp build status.

Reactions: mrchambo

drwedge

Sep 4, 2011
Spokane

Great job on the ROM! I've flashed 3 others last weekend before I got to this. Its been very stable and crazy smooth.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the full release of my new ROM.

PLEASE READ:
    This AOSP is not limited to CM, Vanir, CNA, EOS, AOKP etc. you get the best of all of them.. custom tailored for the galaxy nexus (and nexus 7 soon). no bloat for other devices or unusable additions in the source. the benefit? less bugs and a more optimized experience. More major features will be added from your favorite roms as soon as i can port and improve on them. I will listen to requests but don't get offended if i put them on the back-burner or decide against including them.

Disclaimer: Because I'm using building using commits from every major repo in existence it may take a while to integrate some of the major features to my standards. I may release a stock AOKP feature as a beta until I have the chance to improve it but I'm not interested in band-aid fixing things or duck taping **** together just to get more crap under the features list and change log. Also, If you have questions or interest in building or joining vanirAOSP please message me on gtalk: activethrasher00@gmail.com and feel free to add me on google+

here is a link to the parent thread where you can view previous change logs and perhaps find an answer to a question

general features:
    vanir base: all features included, always the latest
    customized-for-speed launcher2
    optimized memory usage
    full GCC 4.8 linaro tool chain with optimized cflags & -O3
    current bug fixes and improvements from all major repos
    additional features not present in vanir
    attention to the details
    custom UI theming
    custom embedded beats 5.1 drivers
    louder volume
    multimedia enhancements
    A-GPS enhancements
    add removal
    T5UNAMI_SHOCK speed script
    improved performance settings
    custom browser tweaks
    fast torch
    toggles, nav bar, yatta yatta
    full Linaro optimizations (now following their gerrit)
    optimized networking
    quicker network tower connect on boot
    better multi-tab browsing
    major bloat removal
    email and exchange available in add-on packs
    LK

Issues:
    if you experience graphic rendering issues force 2D rendering in GPU via development options. fixed for next build.

notes:
    a lot of the features are hidden in the normal menus for a stock-ish look. look before you ask!

Instructions:
    download rom
    manually wipe (factory reset please unless you want issues)
    flash rom
    flash goo.IM or cm or whatever gapps
    PROFIT

Downloads:

ROM server

4) Droidth3ory's old wallpaper collection for nostalgia purposes only (credit masteraven, droidth3ory, whoever else)

Credit: Team Vanir, CM, AOKP, Linaro, EOS, all contributors to gerrit and github, anyone who puts out ROMs since seeing them evolve got me interested in developing. Everybody that's helped me learn how to do this. TravP & team (and all themers alike) for all the theming examples he's provided. And especially those that donate and support developers.

If you enjoy my work please consider a donation to help me afford new devices to develop for. Donation link.
    Untitledscr33nz.jpg
    V12 Release notes:

fixed bugs. fixed a LOT of bugs.
    java performance enhancements
    native code fixups/improvements
    enhanced pie functionality & speed
    fixed a ****-ton more memory leaks in the dalvik vm and around
    removed a lot of dead code from frameworks
    massive cleanup in settings.apk and systemUI
    unregistered some content resolvers to use less system resources
    added check to add media to mutestate (non-wifi devices only)
    fixed/removed wallpaper gradient in Launcher2 using navbar/statusbar transparency
    fixed up display metrics calculation for recents panel layout. perfection.
    fixed AOKP navbar: long-press home for navring inflation again!!
    added a blank spacer target in the navbar
    added vibration control to performance settings
    fixed NOOP on surface dithering
    removed boot animation sound capability until i implement a method to on/off and choose media
    recents layout finished.
    returned back to monster CFLAG setup from v9.. ahh much better
    fixed up some confusing strings
    fixed autobrightness not storing the right value if you move the slider below the previously defined lowest limit
    removed a lot of dead/useless code
    fixed random soft keys showing up in lockscreen navbar
    fixed IME back key showing up in lockscreen if the keyboard is up
    added a sweet tits new icon to vanir actions
    removed statusbar clock .. but only when a clock widget was added
    seriously tired of typing this so im' just going to stop
    fixed GPS (thanks akellar)
    oh, and duece is back for a visit
    running a 4.3 build on my N7 right now.

should have a public beta very soon.
    sorry about the lack of presence. my wifi card died and **** got crazy at work. there will be a new release when 4.3 settles and i get a chance to look things over