[Bootanimation] >3 bootanimation by enricocid

Search This thread

dankoman

Oct 13, 2008
Philly
This is a repost of this closed thread. I fixed the bootanimation for @enricocid and made it work for you guys, as per @The_Droidster's request to me via pm.

In case anyone was wondering, I took care of the sluggishness of the boot animation by batch processing the images down to 60 dpi (from their previous 95 dpi). Also, I'm pretty sure what was making the original bootanimation freeze was a stray "thumbs.db" file in the part0 folder (usually happens in windows, needs to be manually removed once the bootanimation.zip is compiled).

PREVIEW:
092_framed.png

awesome.gif

Download attached zip (flashable via recovery)

Attachments

• enricocid_bootanim_fixed2.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,817
Last edited:

Galaxysm

Sep 9, 2012
Mission
Just a heads up for everyone still not working. It freezes and I had to reflash rom. Unless is just me .-.

Sent from my Nexus5™. On PA™.
" Nothing's ever locked..."

dankoman

Oct 13, 2008
Philly
Just a heads up for everyone still not working. It freezes and I had to reflash rom. Unless is just me .-.

freezes where? i tested it myself on my n5, and its working just fine. do you mind telling me where in the animation it is freezing?

can other people test too to see if it's an isolated issue?

Reactions: Galaxysm

Galaxysm

Sep 9, 2012
Mission
freezes where? i tested it myself on my n5, and its working just fine. do you mind telling me where in the animation it is freezing?

Like at the last part "<3:" it just stood there. Or is it like that? It would b better if someone else also tested. I'm running PA beta5. And multiboot. With UT.

dankoman

Oct 13, 2008
Philly
Like at the last part "<3:" it just stood there. Or is it like that? It would b better if someone else also tested. I'm running PA beta5. And multiboot. With UT.

it's supposed to loop back to the beginning (continuous loop). when you say yours freezes, does it eventually boot up android? or do you have to reset your phone?

Galaxysm

Sep 9, 2012
Mission
it's supposed to loop back to the beginning (continuous loop). when you say yours freezes, does it eventually boot up android? or do you have to reset your phone?

It doesn't boot into anything. Not into android or into the faces again. Sucks its a really good animation :(

The-Droidster

May 27, 2012
XDA 24 x 7
Thanks for your work brother, but as someone else said, it stuck at the red <3 screen. Don't know why that's happening:confused:. Albeit I didn't have to reflash the ROM, I just booted to recovery and copied the original bootanim with aroma FM.
In case you are wondering, I'm running Stock ROM, rooted, ElementalX Kernel, Xposed with Gravitybox.
Anyways, thanks a lot for your work. Much appreciated.:good:

Reactions: GragonV

dankoman

Oct 13, 2008
Philly

Thanks for your work brother, but as someone else said, it stuck at the red <3 screen. Don't know why that's happening:confused:. Albeit I didn't have to reflash the ROM, I just booted to recovery and copied the original bootanim with aroma FM.
In case you are wondering, I'm running Stock ROM, rooted, ElementalX Kernel, Xposed with Gravitybox.
Anyways, thanks a lot for your work. Much appreciated.:good:

anyone who's experiencing this freezing issue, can you do me a favor? adb runs in the background during boot while you are seeing the boot animation. so, if someone can provide me a logcat, it would be much appreciated. i need someone to capture a logcat during the time that if freezes. if you could, like this:

Code:
adb logcat -v long > bootanimfreeze.txt

and then upload bootanimfreeze.txt on this thread so i can have a look-see :D

it's really frustrating that some people are experiencing this issue while others are not...

jtwlbz

Apr 29, 2012
Earth
I hope this works everyone so I can try since love it

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

e_rene

Dec 15, 2009
San Diego
I was also having the freeze issue wit this boot animation :(.
I temporarily made my phone boot by mounting "/system" via TWRP and deleting the bootanimation.zip file from "/system/media" also via TWRP (Advanced> File Manager)
This will show the old "Android" boot animation when the system boots, however you can later place a new "bootanimation.zip" or come back to the stock one.

Too bad this didn't work, I think it looks pretty damn cool!

Thanks.

wiiija

Jul 4, 2011
I'd like to be sure this is working before I flash it, any joy on fixing the issues?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a repost of this closed thread. I fixed the bootanimation for @enricocid and made it work for you guys, as per @The_Droidster's request to me via pm.

In case anyone was wondering, I took care of the sluggishness of the boot animation by batch processing the images down to 60 dpi (from their previous 95 dpi). Also, I'm pretty sure what was making the original bootanimation freeze was a stray "thumbs.db" file in the part0 folder (usually happens in windows, needs to be manually removed once the bootanimation.zip is compiled).

PREVIEW:
    092_framed.png

awesome.gif

Download attached zip (flashable via recovery)
    I looked at this some more, and finally got it to work, while still running exposed.

I ended up scaling down the images a LOT since android resizes them. I think they are just too damn big. See attached zip, it works for me :)
    thanks ! really appreciate... :)

no problem! and feel free to take my zip package and reopen your original thread if you want.

That's a really good bootanimation and i really wish it worked with Lollipop. Perhaps you could make one that'd work with Lollipop. Thanks!!!

Ehm..... The animation in the OP doesn't work for ANYBODY, have you tried reading a few posts above? I have posted the Bootanimation ULTIMATE, that should work perfectly!