[Q] overall slowing of OS responsiveness over time

Search This thread
Oct 15, 2013
Has anyone else noticed that their Moto X doesn't seem as "snappy" as it used to? It feels like I'm waiting a lot longer for the camera to open and take a picture, it takes several seconds to attach a photo to a message using Hangouts, SwiftKey doesn't pop up as quickly, etc. I've been running 4.4 since AT&T pushed it out. I'm considering doing a factory data reset to see if it helps speed things up, but that's a bit of a hassle so I've been holding off. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

D

Darth

Nope. Has never slowed down here.

Sent from my Moto X cellular telephone...

mawells787

Feb 27, 2011
New York
Has anyone else noticed that their Moto X doesn't seem as "snappy" as it used to? It feels like I'm waiting a lot longer for the camera to open and take a picture, it takes several seconds to attach a photo to a message using Hangouts, SwiftKey doesn't pop up as quickly, etc. I've been running 4.4 since AT&T pushed it out. I'm considering doing a factory data reset to see if it helps speed things up, but that's a bit of a hassle so I've been holding off. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

Wow! I almost made a thread about having this same issue recently. My x keep lagging and home screen scrolling was choppy and opening apps was very choppy also. I did clear cache partition and it has fixed it so far.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Schaweet

Aug 2, 2010
Forgive the noob question, but can this be done if I'm not rooted? If so how? Thanks for any help.

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Good question. I haven't had stock recovery on a device for longer than about 20 seconds so I'm not sure. Maybe someone else can answer that question.

Sent from my Dev Edition Moto X

scottjb

Sep 11, 2010
Greensboro, NC
Good question. I haven't had stock recovery on a device for longer than about 20 seconds so I'm not sure. Maybe someone else can answer that question.

Sent from my Dev Edition Moto X
I don't remember where I found these instructions but they work for me.

To wipe the cache partition, follow these steps:

With the phone powered off, press and hold the Volume down key and Power key for 2-3 seconds until the the Boot options screen appears.
Release the keys.
Use the Volume down key to scroll to highlight Recovery.
Press the Volume up key to select.
The phone will display the Motorola logo then the Android recovery screen.
Once the Android recovery screen displays, press and hold the Volume up key for 10-15 seconds.
Quickly tap and release the Power key.
The Android recovery screen will appear.
Scroll down using the Volume down key to highlight wipe cache partition.
Use the Power key to select.
The phone will power-cycle.