[Workaround/Solution]Porting Custom ROM WP7.x for Dell Venue Pro[INFO][IMG][More/...]

Search This thread

bajaking

Feb 8, 2010
Nijmegen
Great developement! I've got an Dell Venue Pro wich is developer unlocked by myself trough an dreamspark account.
I don't know much about WP7 rom development, but maybe i can help you with testing on my Dell. I do know something about Android development.

An HTC Desire S is my primairy phone, so this Dell is for developement purposes until custom rom's are made possible.

I've already updated my device to 7.10.8107.79 and Dutch language trough the custom WP7 Update Cab Sender.

heineken78

Mar 3, 2009
Kiev
www.mediafire.com
hi Nokser!
Seems you got enough donations for new DELL, any progress to share?

Got my new Dell, after opening seems like it doesnt has jtag pins only this:
pic made on 2mp i780.
And 7 pin holes on other side of PCB.

Attachments

• PIC_0048.jpg
    PIC_0048.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:

heineken78

Mar 3, 2009
Kiev
www.mediafire.com
Having of original SD-CARD if you have replaced by another doesnt have any sense...
Next time when you change Original Dell SDCARD back WP7 on boot will tell you that card is damaged and you will stuck on it.

So keep on mind if that replacing of Sd-card is very sesitive thing.
If your new 16gb or 32 gb will fail ONCE due quality or something else, you will not be able to boot anymore!
Just tested..

Added:
Found jtag pinout by probing, going to dump flash this weekend

Last edited:

heineken78

Mar 3, 2009
Kiev
www.mediafire.com
Not very good news. Still cant got device connected to riffbox.
Biggest problem there is nothing similair in this device as in others from one side, from another support of jtag doesnt say much.
After whole night and day of trying will try later..

Reactions: Gorokhovsky

heineken78

Mar 3, 2009
Kiev
www.mediafire.com
Till now programmers from russian (ukrainenan) Jtag team, who easely made hacked mostly all other devices are still trying to Jtag my Dell.
DVP is perfect protected device in software so in hardware. Looks like MS invested millions in this device, before their plans changed to cooperation with nokia..
Good news- they still trying to hack it.
To be continued..

Last edited:
Reactions: Gorokhovsky

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now it is possible. Construction of a new system for the Dell VenuePro!!!

Slide1.PNG

Workaround/Solution:
    --We have new way/solution upgrade other invalid/without header(HashTable.blob) ROM/FFU files
    --We need people who have Factory Unlock ROM in Device Dell Venue Pro aka Lightning..
    --More Coming Soon.. :)

Info/Q/A:
    --HashTable - provides for the device, such data as:
    - The size of the system image
    - Date of creation
    - Size / Data Partition
    - Distribution Sector
    - Data Modification
    - etc

--In this moment more DVP users, gets a location file TMO hashtable device.

Example Info HashTable:
    --TMO Image System .FFU have a size: 163MB, we have this same info size in HashTable on .CAB file
    --We get this file form C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Phone Update\XXX, when device is in update process..
    --In summary, the CAB file is equal to the file FFU :)

How to this File CAB/FFU:
    --We get this file only, when we update wp7 on device
    --Go to C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Phone Update\'c1661afb - e369573d - 3aed7bd8 - 23e8cf51'\Update\ folder.
    --When u see 'Downloading updates:', then you must copy this file .CAB for another directory, example to Desktop
    --Time for a copy of the file is less than 20-30 seconds
    --This All

Big Thank's:
    -Mofotech
    - Helped in obtaining the device.

If you still like my work for this device, you see all news on fb:
    http://www.facebook.com/upeproduct
    or PM

Copyright (c) 2012 UPE Product by Nokser
    All Right Reserved.
    Update thread :) post #1
    I'm probably going to upgrade to the HTC8X next week which would leave me with a spare, fully working, DVP. I'm tempted to donate it to this project..
    I still wait for reaction my Bank etc...

Don't worry I am sending it anyways. Even if Paypal doesn't send the money in time. You should have the DVP very soon. Good luck !
    Are you going to give Nokser the DVP? We need to know it because if not we'll donate to him to get one.

I sure am sending him one!!!!! LOL , I hope he can make some magic with it as of custom roms. I will ship it to him on Monday. OMG sorry for the delay, didn't know Nokser posted here I was sending him one. OMG..Would have been more active in getting the phone and sending it to him. But on Monday it will be shipped over the pond and hopefully he should have it by the end of week. GO NOKSER!!!