[Q] Wifi not turning on, contradicting model number

Search This thread

mogleyzw

Mar 28, 2014
I recently got a GS4 from China and noticed the WiFi was not turning on... it is going though the notion with "turning on..." displayed on screen and not doing anything else.

After reading around on the internet I saw it maybe a firmware issue. So after doing some research I decide flashing it maybe the best solution to the the problem. After spending like a couple of hours ensuring I got the correct version of the firmware I got everything ready but when I put it in download mode I realized I maybe the wrong one.

(From Phone Info Samsung app)

1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png

Sticker under battery says its the I9500...

In download mode I notice that is said that the model of the phone was SGH-I337 the AT&T I9505. Which confused me and made me want to check which firmware to get. The 3rd image doesn't really make sense based on what I have read along with fact that the first image calls the phone the i9500 but the 5th image shows the i9505 qualcomm processor. Also on the 1st image what is "jflteatt" under the device type?

I'm not sure what to do now, any help would be most appreciated.

Gboss01

Mar 18, 2013
Durban
Sorry to tell you this but you bought an S4 Clone.
From your screenshots its obvious its a clone.
I have an i9500 and the Phone Info screen you uploaded does not exist on my phone.
Sorry again.

mogleyzw

Mar 28, 2014
kies

I have an i9500 and the Phone Info screen you uploaded does not exist on my phone.
Sorry again.

Kies recognizes it... I wouldn't have expected it to load up in kies if it was a clone.

~ Myzrael ~

Oct 31, 2011
Adria
Sorry again.

That's an app, it's called phone info Samsung, u can find it on google play. Don't rush to conclusions if u are not sure of what u are saying.

Sent from Galaxy S4

Gboss01

Mar 18, 2013
Durban
That's an app, it's called phone info Samsung, u can find it on google play. Don't rush to conclusions if u are not sure of what u are saying.

Sent from Galaxy S4

How bout you dont jump to conclusions too bud!

I have a mate who bought an "S4" from China, paid $130, and it looked the same but when we compared it against my i9500 it was littered with errors in the device info. The fake also only got EDGE and couldn't pick up 3G or HSPA.

In me saying the OP has probably got a fake I was not trying to belittle him but just make him aware.

Look nicely at the pics, the product is shown as "jflteatt" but its supposed to be a i9500...
jflteatt = the AT&T i9505 not an i9500

"Sticker under the battery says i9500" but device info says jflteatt. I seriously doubt Samsung would have let something like that slip through their Quality Control.

Maybe the OP can post us a pic of his about screen and not some phone info shots from an app available on the Google store.
That would end the debate.
@op sorry for derailing your thread. Have you tried getting into Download mode or Recovery Mode? My mates fake had a chinese recovery.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joku1981

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from Galaxy S4

How bout you dont jump to conclusions too bud!

I have a mate who bought an "S4" from China, paid $130, and it looked the same but when we compared it against my i9500 it was littered with errors in the device info. The fake also only got EDGE and couldn't pick up 3G or HSPA.

In me saying the OP has probably got a fake I was not trying to belittle him but just make him aware.

Look nicely at the pics, the product is shown as "jflteatt" but its supposed to be a i9500...
    jflteatt = the AT&T i9505 not an i9500

"Sticker under the battery says i9500" but device info says jflteatt. I seriously doubt Samsung would have let something like that slip through their Quality Control.

Maybe the OP can post us a pic of his about screen and not some phone info shots from an app available on the Google store.
    That would end the debate.
    @op sorry for derailing your thread. Have you tried getting into Download mode or Recovery Mode? My mates fake had a chinese recovery.