AndrOINC. BOINC project for Motorola Milestone freedom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

evolucja

Aug 25, 2010
Katowice
Click here and help us getting to the XDA main page.

androinc.png

This is an official thread about AndrOINC - BOINC project created by Sesef and OxyOne from Polish National Team.

Informations
Official name: AndrOINC
Motto: For Motorola Milestone freedom
Creators: Sesef and OxyOne from Polish National Team(BOINC.pl)

Special thanks to:
pontomedon - for creating the MilestoneRSA project and putting everybody one step closer to Milestone freedom

Platforms:
Windows x86 - supported
Windows x64 - supported(with app from x86)
Linux x32 - currently working on
Linux x64 - currently working on
GPU application ATI + nVidia - very soon

What is it?
AndrOINC is a BOINC project trying to break a 1024 bit RSA key used by Motorola to sign the boot and recovery partitions on the Motorola Milestone. If this key could be broken, we would be able to sign our own boot/recovery images, which would enable us to run custom kernels and recovery images on the Milestone.

//Will be updated later

Last edited by a moderator:

The Solutor

Dec 14, 2006
Turin
What about the possibility of searching not just the milestone key but also the ones from other moto models to increase the audience ?

DannyDroid

Jan 23, 2010
It's already going to take till the end of time to find the Milestone without adding extra verables to the mix.

kezs

Dec 16, 2008
just a sec - AndrOINC? nobody told me there'd be pigs involved!

seriously, though: congratulations and thanks for the effort. count me in.

Last edited:

DigiK

Feb 21, 2010
Alternative Quicker Method?

Started helping you guys out with some computing cycles. :)

I know nothing about encryption, but a team from Univ. of Michigan broke 1024-bit encryption quickly by altering voltage to cause CPU faults. We can easily control voltage on Milestone and DX...anyone looked into their paper and its application to unlocking the boot loader faster than a brute force method?

engadget.com/2010/03/09/1024-bit-rsa-encryption-cracked-by-carefully-starving-cpu-of-ele/

ns.umich.edu/htdocs/releases/story.php?id=7551

Malo87

Jan 11, 2011
I'll join as soon as the linux client will be available ;).. Can i use it first and then switch to the one with CUDA support?

djefkbefke

Jun 26, 2009
yes, I think BOINC will just have to update the worker itself to support CUDA, not the whole client ;)

However, since they mention Nvidia and ATI support, they won't be using CUDA (nvidia only) ;)

Last edited:

SophT

Jul 29, 2010
天津
man these WUs are fast. I'm doing 6 minutes compared to 12 hours on my x86 Win7 VM with 2Gb on my MacPro.

djefkbefke

Jun 26, 2009
Started helping you guys out with some computing cycles. :)

I know nothing about encryption, but a team from Univ. of Michigan broke 1024-bit encryption quickly by altering voltage to cause CPU faults. We can easily control voltage on Milestone and DX...anyone looked into their paper and its application to unlocking the boot loader faster than a brute force method?

engadget.com/2010/03/09/1024-bit-rsa-encryption-cracked-by-carefully-starving-cpu-of-ele/

ns.umich.edu/htdocs/releases/story.php?id=7551

They way I see it, you would have to alter the voltage at boottime since that is when the keys are being checked.. this is not the same as tweaking the vsel if this is what you refer to with "we can easily control the voltage" :(

So I don't know if would be that easy to do.. But hey, I'm not an expert or something ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Click here and help us getting to the XDA main page.

androinc.png

This is an official thread about AndrOINC - BOINC project created by Sesef and OxyOne from Polish National Team.

Informations
    Official name: AndrOINC
    Motto: For Motorola Milestone freedom
    Creators: Sesef and OxyOne from Polish National Team(BOINC.pl)

Special thanks to:
    pontomedon - for creating the MilestoneRSA project and putting everybody one step closer to Milestone freedom

Platforms:
    Windows x86 - supported
    Windows x64 - supported(with app from x86)
    Linux x32 - currently working on
    Linux x64 - currently working on
    GPU application ATI + nVidia - very soon

What is it?
    AndrOINC is a BOINC project trying to break a 1024 bit RSA key used by Motorola to sign the boot and recovery partitions on the Motorola Milestone. If this key could be broken, we would be able to sign our own boot/recovery images, which would enable us to run custom kernels and recovery images on the Milestone.

//Will be updated later
    Nice to see what this topic has become.

Mod please move to general as this is useless talk.

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk
    This isn't possible on the Milestone for reasons I do not understand :p .

Would be interesting to contact the guy who did it though. I'll chuck him an email tomorrow :)
    We were investigating at it but we came to the conclusion that first we have to successfully break the Milestone. Every key more would slow down the process x2. The second thing is that nobody have checked keys used in other Motorola models. Someone said that XT720 is using the same key as Milestone. Sadly, we can't confirm it.

Thanks for the reply, I have just the milestone so I can't help with other models.

For sure we won't release worker source code. This is intellectual property created by Sesef made using his mathematic knowledge and experience. He doesn't want to public it. Optimalization has been explained some time ago: http://boinc.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=122&t=209.

No offense, but I think that fighting for an open bootloader with a closed worker is just a nonsense.

Is something like saying "I'm a pacifist, and I'll kill who doesn't agree with me"
    i can bet all that the community wants is a free bootloader. is it that hard to ask?

please settle down, for the PNT i guess its much better to release ur worker codes when u think its time to release it(not so long tough) and for the others who oppose on running the worker unit please cool down, PNT is a trustable group. they are one of the leading BOINC teams. why the wanna hack or use our system as a zombie?

we are a community here with one aim, to free the bootloader, please cool down and settle down ur problems in a nice way. i beg u guys. :eek::(:eek::(:eek::(

united we stand, divided we fall!!
    lets show motorola wat the community is made up of!!!!