[Q] Can anybody make a "csc" file for the kitkat?

Search This thread

JayJay2626

Apr 1, 2014
I had my SM-N900A running fine after i got the update from samsung and lost my kingo root access and it somehow messed up my phone. after playing with the phone a whole lot i can flash kitkat on it. but no matter what i flash or whatever i can not get any type of network. it just weird. i know the csc file supposed to be the network and region operator file. but somehow, someway i can not get any other file for csc except for the MI9. which always failed with that bootloader update that came now. phone is working fine on kitkat it's just that i have no network access. not even the 'ATT' logo won't show up. i went to mobile network under setting and click on it. no success. any help would be appreciated

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
Can you tell me what your baseband says in the settings menu?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

JayJay2626

Apr 1, 2014

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-04-04-35-35.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-04-04-35-35.png
    196.6 KB · Views: 151

JayJay2626

Apr 1, 2014
I don't really know but I don't think my problem is baseband problem cause I'm running "MLG" rom but when i flash modem/baseband version other than this "mlg" it shows unknown baseband version. Only "MLG" modem is recognized and somehow there's all sort of stuff wrong with this roms/or with my phone. I got that circle sign thingy with the slash in the middle showing I don't have any network at all. Idk... I'm running into all sort of weird stuff with this phone.any full wipe/cleaning with brand new roms or whatever would really help. I just want the phone to make phone calls. Phone is kinda working fine when I flash other modem in it (NC2) (can't make phone call though) but it doesn't recognize the baseband version. Here is another picture with the MLG baseband which it recognized but no network though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-05-13-55-57.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-05-13-55-57.png
    202.5 KB · Views: 91

cagodesign

Oct 8, 2008
baseband unknown and imei null

I don't really know but I don't think my problem is baseband problem cause I'm running "MLG" rom but when i flash modem/baseband version other than this "mlg" it shows unknown baseband version. Only "MLG" modem is recognized and somehow there's all sort of stuff wrong with this roms/or with my phone. I got that circle sign thingy with the slash in the middle showing I don't have any network at all. Idk... I'm running into all sort of weird stuff with this phone.any full wipe/cleaning with brand new roms or whatever would really help. I just want the phone to make phone calls. Phone is kinda working fine when I flash other modem in it (NC2) (can't make phone call though) but it doesn't recognize the baseband version. Here is another picture with the MLG baseband which it recognized but no network though.
Hi.
I have a same problem too. Did you find solution about baseband and ime.
İf you find help please

brisinger08

Mar 28, 2014

I don't think a csc file is what you need...NC2 is official KitKat, your buildnumber ends with MLG, which means you are on the leaked build of KitKat. Both are 'KitKat', but they're are different firmwares...based on the problems you've described here I think your problems are coming from mixing pieces of MLG and NC2 together. It sounds like you may have some experience with odin from flashing modems, I think the easiest thing to do is to do a full flash to NC2 to clean your system up. This will get rid of the signal issues caused by different modems and you'll have the full NC2 firmware (bootloader, baseband, recovery, etc) for a solid foundation to flash custom roms on :)

Obligatory warning: once you flash official NC2 you are locked to it and you can NOT downgrade to anything with a lower build number - anything with MLG, MJ5, MI9 is out unless you really really really know what you're doing so definitely read up on that if you're not sure and decide if it's something you want to do.

If it is, it's easy as pie all of the NC2 files you need to flash via Odin are in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/note-3-att/general/n900aucucnc2-odin-files-t2838117

If not, I'd still recommend reflashing full firmware...just MLG though ;)

Hi.
I have a same problem too. Did you find solution about baseband and ime.
İf you find help please

Not sure what you mean by ime, but a clean flash to NC2 fixex pretty much everything!

I am by no means an expert in all this, definitely read all of the warnings that the devs put in their threads!

Hope that helps and you get your Note sorted soon!