Newest AKU2 ROM for Orange with radio 1.13.00

Search This thread

FOSA

Jul 8, 2004
RE

I'm only interested in the radio. Is it stable, louder and better?

If yes, can somebody extract and upload here?

Thanks

FOSA

Jul 8, 2004
RE

Thanks. Downloading now

Not sure whether it'll work better on my QTEK9000

:roll:

baudy2

Nov 23, 2005
Geneva
I've installed radio 1.13 with different ROMs and it always showed a very bad performance in terms of reception quality and GPRS/3G/UMTS functionality.

Reverted back to 1.11 now.

apbristow

Feb 14, 2006
Surrey - UK
SMS - No incoming messages

I post just to alert others to a problem I have just encountered that may, or may not, be attributable to Radio 1.13.00.

Ever the adventurous, I flashed with Ivan's AKU 3.2 ROM and MvRTrue VGA and, I think, everything was working fine. Going a step further I then flashed the Radion from 1.09 to 1.13.

Now I do not seem to be able to receive SMS.

I thought for a while that I had cooked the Sim because I stupidly left it in during the Radio upgrade. But I have now changed the Sim and the same problem persists.

The problem could be 1.13 OR the combination of 1.13 and AKU3.2 OR something else (ie hardware problem) but, in the latter case the coincidence of it occuring at the same time as the ROM upgrades makes me think it unlikely.

I am just flashing back to Radio 1.09 to see if that cures the problem.

Has anyone else seen a similar problem and got any other suggestions?

Andy

apbristow

Feb 14, 2006
Surrey - UK
Bak on Radio 1.09 and SMS working

Update - Have just flashed back to 1.09 and SMS working OK. So can only conclude that it is 1.13 problem (perhaps just incompatibility with O2??) or incompatibility between 1.13 and O2 SMS Plus app which I use for SMS messaging. Will do further tests - but tomorrow. In the meantime would welcome others' experiences.

Andy

Sihaz

May 21, 2006
i'd have to say this seems to be the best overall package i've used (was previously running my own mix of qtek with radio 1.11 and orange ext rom) really fast and no dropped calls as yet. reception much the same but reasonable.