[Q] Sleep of Death on GN

Search This thread

Skysurfer69

Nov 19, 2011
London
Has anyone else experienced this on the GN?

I've had this happen twice in the two weeks since I got it.

The device is stock.

The only common thread I can think of is that in both instances I had plugged the phone into my PC via the USB cable.

I only use 3 sources to charge, my PC at home, laptop at work, or wall charge overnight.

rakh1

Jan 28, 2003
UK
rakh1.blogspot.com
Meh, it is the Nexus (tame dev device). The S was way more unstable. Just pull the battery and all is well.

If you want to be cutting edge then you have to take the rough with the smooth.

R

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

Reactions: Skysurfer69

Skysurfer69

Nov 19, 2011
London
Thanks lads, I'm not massively concerned, and yes, it may well turn out to be a bad app, was just posting to find out if it was more "common".

I have of course just seen another thread in this same forum dealing with the same topic (funny that my post flagged up a bunch of other threads in unrelated forums), so this'll probably be closed down...

Think I'll go wade into that other thread now

jss42

Jul 16, 2007
Ottawa
I've had it twice since I got mine, wasn't plugged in both times so for me it's not down to charging.

CraigP17

Mar 8, 2006
PA
mine reboots everytime i try to use the picture frame widget. i select the pic, then it reboots.

RotasOpera

Feb 2, 2011
The day I got my phone, I had 2 SOD's.
This morning after I woke up, it was in a SOD and 2 minutes ago, the screen went off and I had to take the battery out.
Really strange
Someone have a solution?

TheEdge65

May 3, 2011
London
I noticed this issue too, whether charging from the PC or the mains charger once the phone hit 100% on the battery it would turn off and could not be started without pulling the battery. I read somewhere that resetting the phone could cure this so, as much of a pain in the ass as that is, that is what I did. SO FAR this seems to have worked for me. I was charging the phone via the USB cable to the PC yesterday and no shut off and when I went to bed last night the phone was on charge all night and again when I woke this morning all seemed good. I'm not sure if this will work for everyone suffering this issue but it worked for me (for now) so thought I would share my experience.

Good luck !

Skysurfer69

Nov 19, 2011
London
This is so weird, hasn't happened to me since that day. I was able to reproduce the issue after reading another thread on battery saving. Someone mentioned limiting background processes to 3 in Developer Options, when I did this, my phone SODed within seconds. Twice!

Think I mentioned this elsewhere and someone said he used that option with no problems so it's clearly inconclusive. I'm just going to steer clear of that for now.

Buddy Revell

Dec 6, 2011
Has anyone else experienced this on the GN?

I've had this happen twice in the two weeks since I got it.

The device is stock.

The only common thread I can think of is that in both instances I had plugged the phone into my PC via the USB cable.

I only use 3 sources to charge, my PC at home, laptop at work, or wall charge overnight.

This has happened to me a number of times, usually when I was multitasking while listening to the Google Music app. It's a good thing that back cover is easy to pull off and put back on.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Meh, it is the Nexus (tame dev device). The S was way more unstable. Just pull the battery and all is well.

If you want to be cutting edge then you have to take the rough with the smooth.

R

Never happened to mine. You might have a buggy app that doesn't play well with ICS.