[Solved] GTA III black screen when starting

Search This thread

coincoinlapin

Nov 16, 2007
Toulouse
Anyone else getting this? Using Revolution Rom + siyah kernel.
I downloaded the game over 3g.
Hlaaap!
*Edit* 3g download was the culprit. Downloaded a second time over wifi. All good now.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Last edited:

coincoinlapin

Nov 16, 2007
Toulouse
I wasn't. Then I tried with it. No luck. Must be a download pb. I will start again when I have wifi tonight.

Fysi

Feb 13, 2010
You have to remember that it isn't an officially supported device so there is no promise that it will work.

coincoinlapin

Nov 16, 2007
Toulouse
That's not what I heard (Engadget news and market comments)...that's why I bought it on the market (if it's there, it's compatible, right?)

kyleforge

Jan 31, 2011
Christchurch
I assumed too that being on the market it is compatible. I'll download it over wifi in a few hours after work.

Sent from my GT-I9100 running on CheckRom RevoHD™ v4.0

dikime

Oct 28, 2010
Rockstar made a mistake with the compatibility part, it'll show compatible with even LG GT540 :D

However, Galaxy S2 is OK and is working fine. Just uninstall all, reboot, reinstall and use WiFi to download the files. DO NOT TOUCH THE SCREEN at any point, unless it's impossible to continue (e.g. "Touch screen to continue", and even then press it only once.). When the gameplay starts, it'll work fine.

esk02k

Mar 26, 2010
London
Works for me with no plugin loaded in chainfire3d. I had to download the data twice because first time it would hang when loading, this is when I tried all the plugins in chainfire3d and none would get past a black screen. I deleted the data (com.rockstar.gta3 folder) from android/data then downloaded it again and it worked. Im on villain by the way. Good luck.

coincoinlapin

Nov 16, 2007
Toulouse
I haven't touched anything. All other games work fine. From the main Gta thread one guy with the same setup has the same pb, while another dude has it working. I bet it was a dl pb. Will check tonigjt.

petsasj

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 22, 2010
Athens
I haven't touched anything. All other games work fine. From the main Gta thread one guy with the same setup has the same pb, while another dude has it working. I bet it was a dl pb. Will check tonigjt.

The first screen takes a while to display the cinematic intro, so give it some time. It'll display Rockstar games and stuff after a few seconds.

coincoinlapin

Nov 16, 2007
Toulouse
Solved. Downloaded again over wifi. Works great now, no cf3d requiees. Edited 1st post. Thanks for replies.

rahulsuneja

Dec 13, 2011
New Delhi
Not Working

While my game starts up fine with the Rockstar Cine coming up immediately, I still can't play the bloody game!!
The game starts.
I goto Start Game -> New Game
And this is where the problem occurs. The loading bar goes till 80-85% and then freezes there.

Do you think the Download is an issue (I used Wi-Fi @ 2Mbps. Dled in appx 20-25mins)!
I could really use some help here, guys! :(

Leahcim

Mar 12, 2007
While my game starts up fine with the Rockstar Cine coming up immediately, I still can't play the bloody game!!
The game starts.
I goto Start Game -> New Game
And this is where the problem occurs. The loading bar goes till 80-85% and then freezes there.

Do you think the Download is an issue (I used Wi-Fi @ 2Mbps. Dled in appx 20-25mins)!
I could really use some help here, guys! :(

Did you solve this.
My shangs after 5% loading bar.

/Mike

rahulsuneja

Dec 13, 2011
New Delhi
Man, I just can't get this thing to work. I'm such a GTA fan.. And not being able to find a way to get the game to work is getting to my nerves. Isn't there nobody who can solve or atleast answer as to why this keeps happening?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII (I9100) via XDA Premium.