[RECOVERY] Safestrap Recovery v3.7x [05/15/2014 V3.73 - TWRP 2.7.0.0]

Search This thread

Eluvatar

Sep 15, 2011
webtop

I'm not sure if this is a safestrap issue or my rom but everyone else on eclipse 2.1 is having no problems with webtop. so under my safe system with eclipse if I try and boot to webtop my phone reboots, but under my stock 901 unsafe system it works fine. any ideas or what I should try? webtop2sd does not even show a webtop partition for me to setup under my safe system.

cyberhern

Apr 6, 2008
Ft Laud, Florida
I'm not sure if this is a safestrap issue or my rom but everyone else on eclipse 2.1 is having no problems with webtop. so under my safe system with eclipse if I try and boot to webtop my phone reboots, but under my stock 901 unsafe system it works fine. any ideas or what I should try? webtop2sd does not even show a webtop partition for me to setup under my safe system.
Can't load lapdock either! Running [K]IN3TX

Eluvatar

Sep 15, 2011
yea it seems its a known issue, I have resorted to switching to unsafe system to use my lap-dock, unfortunately when I try and switch back to my safe system I get a restore error.

nukeboyt

Aug 16, 2010
yea it seems its a known issue, I have resorted to switching to unsafe system to use my lap-dock, unfortunately when I try and switch back to my safe system I get a restore error.

Are their any ROMs that work with safestrap where webtop does work (either by HD dock or hack)?

Underwater Mike

May 6, 2006
Got a quick question: Apparently, I need to free up some space on my /emmc but, being noobish at this, I'm not sure where to look on the device (i.e., without just wiping the whole thing in recovery). Is that just the same directory as /mnt/sd, or is it something else? I can't find "/emmc" anywhere on the Bionic via Root Explorer.

Thanks!

libertus77

Feb 5, 2012
Virginia
Okay, I uninstalled Bionic Bootstrap, then installed Safestrap. I did get the splash screen, but no matter what I did, it bootlooped. Haven't seen anything on this. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks!

Sent from my V6 Supercharged DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

ROB281

Apr 8, 2010
Houston
I used safe strap this morning had eclipse 2.1 running in non safe, toggled let it do it's back up flashed ics in safe sytem played a bit decided it wasn't enough to be a daily driver just yet so I go to toggle back to non safe, can't do it comes across an error trying to restore data

ok so I go in toggle safe mode without backing up try to flash eclipse in non safe only to be reminded I can't do that, so now I'm stuck in safe mode

at this point I'm about to fxz back to .893 unless there's a way to get it to restore my back up, and get back to non safe

eta: okay can't fxz because my computer can't recognize my phone is this normal while in safe mode?

can I just uninstall safe strap, reinstall boot strap, and flash from there?

eta #2: used my brain and copied my backup from sd-ext to sd, if it can't restore non-safe from sd-ext why even have the option to save it there?

last bit was said while frustrated I have cooled down, and removed it

Last edited:

waffleb051

Jul 21, 2010
Redding

has anyone had an issue when safe strap is enabled the phone not booting up or the phone not allowing you to restore from a backup because of md5 hash mismatch

edwards2243

Jan 21, 2011
Fishers
has anyone had an issue when safe strap is enabled the phone not booting up or the phone not allowing you to restore from a backup because of md5 hash mismatch

I'm having the same problem. How did you fix your issue?!

Edit: After I backed up from the "unsafe" system, I tried to boot in the "safe" system, but got stuck before the splash screen even came up. I was able to disable the safestrap and boot up again, but really want to flash eclipse!

Last edited:

docluv01

Nov 23, 2010
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Hey guys, so im looking how this backups the original system and safe system...

in teh sdcard, theres a safestrap folder, in it an "orig" folder and "safe" folder.

If I wanted to swap what was primary and what was safe, is it safe to assume all I need to do is swap the data.ext3.tar files? or is there more to it?

Also, any way to get safestrap to save thesefiles on the external sd?

Thanks

Tivo7

Sep 12, 2011
SystemUI.apk
Hey guys, so im looking how this backups the original system and safe system...

in teh sdcard, theres a safestrap folder, in it an "orig" folder and "safe" folder.

If I wanted to swap what was primary and what was safe, is it safe to assume all I need to do is swap the data.ext3.tar files? or is there more to it?

Also, any way to get safestrap to save thesefiles on the external sd?

You could always go on your computer or Root Explorer and move files and around and rename them if you wanted.

rickatnight11

Dec 31, 2010
I'm interested in setting up my work's Exchange account, which requires encryption and passworded-unlocks. Would I be able to activate this on the stock ROM, while keeping my Safestrapped ROM untouched? That way I could switch back and forth between my "work" and "personal" ROMs.

(Alternatively, any way to add an Exchange account and have my phone tell the server it's encrypted and secured, even though it's not?)

waffleb051

Jul 21, 2010
Redding
I'm having the same problem. How did you fix your issue?!

Edit: After I backed up from the "unsafe" system, I tried to boot in the "safe" system, but got stuck before the splash screen even came up. I was able to disable the safestrap and boot up again, but really want to flash eclipse!

I ended up having to go to Bionic Bootstrapper to fix my issue, i think it has to do with the way the phone sees the internal sd card, that or the charge of the phone.

sevron

Jan 31, 2012
If I've already used titantium backup to freeze some bloatware, will I still be able to use safestrap? I'm wanting a stock rooted rom with frozen bloatware just in case and another ICS rom to dual boot into to check that out. Is that possible with safestrap?

And I need to be rooted first correct?

libertus77

Feb 5, 2012
Virginia
Yes, you would have to be rooted. I can't personally how frozen bloatware would have any impact on Safestrap functionality. Should be fine. Just make sure you back up and don't have Bootstrapper installed.

Sent from my BIONIC flavored Ice Cream Sandwich using Tapatalk

lemonoid

Jun 15, 2011
Boone, NC
I am currently on stock 902, I had to wipe everything and restart to get my phone to update to 902, I'm currently rooted though. Safestrap kept making my phone bootloop once I installed it again, and I'm guessing I don't have CWM installed any more, I need to get a recover to work so I can start back flashing some ROMs. Anyone know how to fix this problem? Or does safestrap only work on custom ROMs. What would happen is when I would go into safestrap and enable safe system for this first time, it would do a backup and then reboot and begin boot looping.

Hashcode

Senior Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2011
I am currently on stock 902, I had to wipe everything and restart to get my phone to update to 902, I'm currently rooted though. Safestrap kept making my phone bootloop once I installed it again, and I'm guessing I don't have CWM installed any more, I need to get a recover to work so I can start back flashing some ROMs. Anyone know how to fix this problem? Or does safestrap only work on custom ROMs. What would happen is when I would go into safestrap and enable safe system for this first time, it would do a backup and then reboot and begin boot looping.

You'll need to install a ROM in Safemode or.. there's isn't anything to boot. (I might be mis-reading your post tho)

Reactions: tw1n5nak35

rickatnight11

Dec 31, 2010
Does Safestrap touch the partitioning on the MicroSD card? I'm wondering why my 16GB card is showing up as 8GB USB storage.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SAFESTRAP v3.73 (2nd-System Bootstrap / Recovery)

ATTENTION: I will be stopping official Safestrap support on 9/1/2014. For more information please see:
    https://plus.google.com/111109372727398356624/posts/AtoJ3xLj35b

** INSERT STANDARD DISCLAIMER: I'm not responsible for any damage you do to your phone using my tools. Always have a fastboot available for disaster recovery. **

Download the APK Installer:
    Mirror 1: Goo.im
    Mirror 2: Crackflasher
    FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS: How to Safestrap
    [ DOUBLE-CHECK you have the "Targa" version ]

NOTABLE TWRP-BASE CHANGES:
    • Key/button vibration in recovery and MANY more 2.7.0.0 updates
    • Screen saving in recovery. Can set the timeout under Advanced->Settings->Screen *Don't freak out of the screen is dark, try the power button.
    • SElinux support in recovery (1st boot won't take so long)
    • and much much more.. check the TWRP changelog here: http://www.teamw.in/project/twrp2

DEVICE SPECIFIC SAFESTRAP CHANGES:
    • [05/15] (3.73) Bugfix for dual SD card UMS mounting and pull in TWRP changes
    • [04/14] (3.72) Mostly other device updates
    • [01/15] (3.71) Code cleanup
    • [01/15] (3.71) Minor hijack updates
    • [12/18] (3.70) Mount cleanup during hijack / debugging output
    • [12/18] (3.70) Splashscreen: Instant stock boot key (needs to be set for Moto OMAP4's still)
    • [11/13] (3.65) recovery init.rc cleanup
    • [11/13] (3.65) fix updater build for cm 10.1 and 10.2
    • [09/20] (3.60) Better handling for virtual images > 2gb
    • [09/20] (3.60) Much improved block device handling
    • [09/20] (3.60) Bugfix in script translation
    • [09/20] (3.60) hijack / init.rc tweaks
    • [09/20] (3.60) update to TWRP 2.6.3.0 base recovery
    • [09/06] (3.53) Fixed mass_storage in recovery (via Mount menu)
    • [09/06] (3.53) Added Webtop to partition backup list (optional)
    • [09/06] (3.53) New virtual systems created will be 640mb (got reset 600mb)
    • [09/06] (3.53) Fixed file selector when changing from internal to external storage (previously location wouldn't update)
    • [09/05] (3.52) added "Reboot to Recovery" in APK
    • [09/04] (3.51) Disabled screen blank while creating a rom-slot
    • [09/04] (3.51) Fixed openrecovery script processing for stock slot to re-inject hijack after .zip install (cmupdater on stock now works)
    • [08/30] (3.50) If running a new CM10.1/CM10.2 ROM (08/30 or later) you *should* be able to install Safestrap and update the recovery w/o having to go back to stock. If Safestrap shows "recovery not installed" while you're on a ROM-slot, then that ROM hasn't been updated and it won't work. Swap back to stock ROM and update Safestrap from there.
    • [08/30] (3.50) Worked on stock ROM flashing and *should* work with CM10.1/CM10.2 builds on or after 08/30 *WILL NOT WORK WITH OLDER ROMs.*
    • [08/30] (3.50) Battery meter is back
    • [08/30] (3.50) Updated TWRP theme
    • [08/30] (3.50) Added partition sizes to ROM-slot screen when it's ACTIVE
    • [08/30] (3.50) Added "Check FS" function to ROM-slot screen when it's ACTIVE
    • [08/30] (3.50) Complete re-write against TWRP 2.6 base (up from version 2.2.2.1): TWRP changelog for reference
    • [12/29] (3.11) Allow use of custom updater-binary in .zip files for flashing on stock ROM (virtual slots still use prebuilt updater-binary in recovery).
    • [12/29] (3.11) BUGFIX: Fixed fake flash error at the end of a .zip install. (No real error, .zip installs fine)
    • [12/29] (3.10) Early support for booting custom ROMs on stock partitions.
    • [12/29] (3.10) Enable flashing to stock ROM *BE CAREFUL -- NEW FEATURE -- STILL TESTING*
      • After .zip installations, nandroid restore or system wipe on the stock ROM: the current Safestrap files are restored to the system partition (Doesn't include the APK in /data -- so if you're restoring an old backup, be sure to update the Safestrap APK)
      • During the Safestrap files restore a check is done to be sure there are minimal files on /system to re-enter Safestrap
    • [12/29] (3.10) New virtual system partitions will be 640mb (closer match to stock RAZR/D4)
    • [12/27] (3.07) Bugfix: missed some changes in Safestrap 3.06
    • [12/26] (3.06) Bugfix/Update for JB4.1 OTA for DroidRAZR (Non-JB devices can also use)
    • [10/17] (3.05) Fixed SD card / emmc sharing in recovery (UMS)
    • [10/17] (3.05) Fixed recovery installation/removal from ROM-slots
    • [10/14] Updated to v3.04 BETA.
    • [10/14] Recovery is now based off TWRP 2.2.2.1 (fully featured touch-based recovery)
    • [10/14] Can create up to 4 Virtual ROM-slots to flash ROMs to and when "Active" ALL TWRP functions affect that ROM-slot (For example: Flashing .zips, Backup and Restore)
    • [10/14] Nearly instant swapping from ROM to ROM
    • [10/14] User selectable data partition sizes during ROM slot creation: 1GB, 2GB or 3GB
    • [10/14] ROM slots are saved on the internal emmc space so that preinstall and webtop partitions are no longer used and shouldn't break OTAs.
    • [10/14] Charging in recovery
    • [10/14] Supports "Reboot Recovery" from Android OS

Entry to recovery via Splashscreen on boot-up. The screen stays up for around 8-10 seconds and if you hit the menu button, it takes you to Safestrap Recovery.

SPECIAL THANKS TO:

• The entire TWRP team who has built an AMAZING recovery system.
    • The testers which have helped in past and present versions of Safestrap, knowing that it could mean they brick their devices.

As always, let me know what you think!

SCREENSHOTS (showing slightly older TWRP base)
    OP updated for Safestrap v3.11:

Download the APK Installer Here for "BIONIC, RAZR/MAXX and DROID 4"
    md5sum: 546060f221487ed35cc2f023c7e5d0f1
    [ DOUBLE-CHECK you have the BIONIC/RAZR/DROID4 VERSION ]

CHANGES:
    • [12/29] (3.11) Allow use of custom updater-binary in .zip files for flashing on stock ROM (virtual slots still use prebuilt updater-binary in recovery).
    • [12/29] (3.11) BUGFIX: Fixed fake flash error at the end of a .zip install. (No real error, .zip installs fine)
    • [12/29] (3.10) Early support for booting custom ROMs on stock partitions.
    • [12/29] (3.10) Enable flashing to stock ROM *BE CAREFUL -- NEW FEATURE -- STILL TESTING*
      • After .zip installations, nandroid restore or system wipe on the stock ROM: the current Safestrap files are restored to the system partition (Doesn't include the APK in /data -- so if you're restoring an old backup, be sure to update the Safestrap APK)
      • During the Safestrap files restore a check is done to be sure there are minimal files on /system to re-enter Safestrap
    • [12/29] (3.10) New virtual system partitions will be 640mb (closer match to stock RAZR/D4)
    • [12/27] (3.07) Bugfix: missed some changes in Safestrap 3.06
    • [12/26] (3.06) Bugfix/Update for JB4.1 OTA for DroidRAZR (Non-JB devices can also use)
    Updated OP for Safestrap v3.72 for Bionic

Enjoy
    New version of Safestrap in the OP.

VERY NEW VERSION OF SAFESTRAP WITH A LOT OF NEW CODE -- IT COULD CONTAIN BUGS WHICH WOULD NEED A FASTBOOT PROCESS TO RECOVER FROM. BE WARNED.

BUG WARNING: Screen will blank out while building a new ROM-slot. Device won't respond to power button till the slot is done building. So be patient.

** INSERT STANDARD DISCLAIMER: I'm not responsible for any damage you do to your phone using my tools. Always have a fastboot available for disaster recovery. **

** I have more features planned, but I really wanted to get this updated release out. **

SAFESTRAP 3.50 for Targa based on TWRP 2.6.1.0

Download the APK Installer
    md5sum: a45be93c2cc3457bd5116d7ed1145b2a

NOTABLE TWRP-BASE CHANGES:
    • Screen saving in recovery. Can set the timeout under Advanced->Settings->Screen *Don't freak out of the screen is dark, try the power button.* Also, when the screen blanks while building a new ROM-slot, you can't wake it up till it's done. I'll fix that in the next version.
    • SElinux support in recovery (1st boot won't take so long)
    • and much much more.. check the TWRP changelog here: http://www.teamw.in/project/twrp2

SAFESTRAP CHANGES:
    • [08/30] (3.50) If running a new CM10.1/CM10.2 ROM (08/30 or later) you *should* be able to install Safestrap and update the recovery w/o having to go back to stock. If Safestrap shows "recovery not installed" while you're on a ROM-slot, then that ROM hasn't been updated and it won't work. Swap back to stock ROM and update Safestrap from there.
    • [08/30] (3.50) Worked on stock ROM flashing and *should* work with CM10.1/CM10.2 builds on or after 08/30 *PROBABLY WILL NOT WORK WITH OLDER ROMs.*
    • [08/30] (3.50) Battery meter is back
    • [08/30] (3.50) Updated TWRP theme
    • [08/30] (3.50) Added partition sizes to ROM-slot screen when it's ACTIVE
    • [08/30] (3.50) Added "Check FS" function to ROM-slot screen when it's ACTIVE
    • [08/30] (3.50) Complete re-write against TWRP 2.6 base (up from version 2.2.2.1): TWRP changelog for reference
    UPDATED OP with a Bugfix version of Safestrap 3.51:

Download the APK Installer
    md5sum: fb0effa5ef24951a1f9af699a3be6125

** I have more features planned, but I really wanted to get this updated release out. **

SAFESTRAP CHANGES:
    • [09/04] (3.51) Disabled screen blank while creating a rom-slot
    • [09/04] (3.51) Fixed openrecovery script processing for stock slot to re-inject hijack after .zip install (cmupdater on stock now works)