Major benefits upgrading to KK over JB?

Search This thread

wings516

Apr 17, 2011
Hello! I was wondering if there were any major advantages to upgrading my already rooted vzwONE and running santod040's debloated 4.3 "rom".

Reason I ask is because I tried to install the ViperOne ROM and realized I wasn't on KK. It looks like a cool rom! But I would probably just be as happy with the NuSenseONE rom.

Advice/opinions/suggestions please!

wings516

Apr 17, 2011
ViperOne is KK. It's super stable, very few issues. Check it out

Sent from my HTC6500LVWBLU using Tapatalk 4

If I've helped, please hit the thanks button

Yeah! It looks great!

Do I need to do anything other than flash a stock KK from recovery then install the ViperOne rom? I'm on Jellybean currently.

I tried installing TWRP 2.6.3.3 but it just gets caught in a loop. The latest version that works for me is 2.6.3.2

wings516

Apr 17, 2011
Try 2.6.3.4. Also, you don't need to install anything. Just backup your current ROM, wipe system, data, cache and dalvik cache, and then flash.

Sent from my HTC6500LVWBLU using Tapatalk 4

If I've helped, please hit the thanks button

Hmmm... Maybe I am missing something. The TWRP website only has 2.6.3.3 for the m7. I have goomanager and the openrecoveryscript says there are no recoveries for my device...

geoffwoerner

Sep 1, 2011
I was on Viper for a bit but seemed to chew down my battery quickly, I"m, using NuSense now and the battery is better, it doesnt have the customizations of the Viper ROMS but I'm happy with it, but I also didnt have an issue with Viper, other than battery life.

monochrome83

Sep 22, 2013
www.facebook.com
System resources!!! KK is designed specifically for midrange devices, so uses less memory, etc. I've ran stock 4.2, stock-ish 4.3, GPE 4.3, and Sense on top of 4.4. If you want the least memory used(read:more reserve for games etc.) Then a GPE 4.4 is your best bet. My device before was a Galaxy Nexus, so I stick to Sense, mainly for the Beats audio(software) and the much better Sense camera. IMO, an inverted 4.4/Sense 5.5 rom, like the Eclipse 1.5 release, is not only greaaaaaat for battery life, but having everything blacked out is delicious. Hope this helps.