Amazing battery life after tweaks.

Search This thread

berserk1980

Jul 5, 2014
Battery is standing at 90% after an hr of rather heavy usage. Screen on time is also an hr as i have been surfing and playing games non stop. Rather impressive compared before rooting. Basically what i did was root my phone. Ran android tweaker 2. Ran disable service app. Lastly using nomone, i am running 1920 x 1080 with 530 dpi. Will monitor and post my final screen on time after it completely drains.

Last edited:

Slash8915

Dec 9, 2009
Texas
Batt is at 90% after an hr of moderate usage. Screen on time is also an hr as i have surfing and playing games non stop. Rather impressive compared before rooting. Basically what i did was root my phone. Ran android tweaker 2. Ran disable service app. Lastly using noneme, i am running 1920 x 1080 with 530 dpi. Difference before was huge!

I don't really understand why people run the screen at 1920x1080. Doesn't that pretty much defeat the purpose of buying this phone? You effectively turned your G3 into a Find 7a.

IXChicharitoXI

Aug 3, 2012
I don't really understand why people run the screen at 1920x1080. Doesn't that pretty much defeat the purpose of buying this phone? You effectively turned your G3 into a Find 7a.

I like everything about this phone except the impact the screen has on the battery. I'd gladly modify my G3(when I get it) to make it 1920x1080 if the performance is exactly the same and the battery life is superior compare to its standard 2k settings.

Looking forward to your results, TC!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

JJ2525

Sep 29, 2012

Perhaps I'm in the minority, but the only reason I'm hesitant to buy this phone is because it's 2560x1440 and that will kill the battery. If I knew how to change the screen to 1920x1080 I'd do it in a heartbeat if I get the phone. The G3 is significantly smaller and lighter than the 7A fwiw.

To the OP: Be sure to screenshot your stats at the end of your charge and share them. Enjoy.

Osseon

Jun 28, 2014
I honestly had no idea that you could change the resolution of your phone. Does it look odd being a 1440 display on 1080p?

You are not the minority really, I am actually scared to buy because of the battery/heating issues revolving around the super display.

berserk1980

Jul 5, 2014
I honestly had no idea that you could change the resolution of your phone. Does it look odd being a 1440 display on 1080p?

You are not the minority really, I am actually scared to buy because of the battery/heating issues revolving around the super display.

Yes i had no idea i could till i came across someone who posted the app. Need root to use it. Very simple and few prefixes for you to select. Also setting it too low for the dpi might result in glitches as reported by several users and 530 is the sweet spot. On another hand i did encounter a glitch which is when i try to select a word that i typed wrongly for correction, the entire screen went blank for a while, kinda random. So far all my apps and games are running well.

Batfink33

Its called texdroid on Google play

The OP is talking about the actual resolution, not the DPI. You can change the resolution from 2k to 1080p thus reducing the load on the CPU and GPU and making the phone faster and giving greater battery life. You do have to change the DPI afterwards also as it messes it up. The app to change the actual resolution is called Nomone. I don't change the resolution as that's one of the reasons I Bought the phone, for the 2k display. I do think the S801 is at its limit for pushing the QHD though, 1080p does "feel" better.

Sent From My LG G3 Using Tapatalk

Last edited:

berserk1980

Jul 5, 2014
The OP is talking about the actual resolution, not the DPI. You can change the resolution from 2k to 1080p thus reducing the load on the CPU and GPU and making the phone faster and giving greater battery life. You do have to change the DPI afterwards also as it messes it up. The app to change the actual resolution is called Nomone. I don't change the resolution as that's one of the reasons I Bought the phone, for the 2k display. I do think the S801 is at its limit for pushing the QHD though, 1080p does "feel" better.

Sent From My LG G3 Using Tapatalk

As what batfink mentioned. Spot on. My phone used to get warm when it gets intense but now it doesnt anymore. The qhd is great but comes with a price.

jackal2001

Aug 25, 2012
Bethlehem, PA
It would be nice for you guys to post steps and settings on how you did this for those that don't have the phone yet.
I for one agree that 2K isn't needed and I'd rather have the longer battery life.

partylikeaninjastar

Apr 13, 2012
SF Bay Area
It's kind of sad that one of the phone's biggest selling points, at least in the public eye and to the spec whores, is also something a lot of us wish we could have sacrificed in favor of better battery. My heart is pretty much set on this phone, but I'm waiting on an official Moto X+1 announcement before I commit.

Reactions: rculver

misiokicio

Jul 4, 2010
Bathgate
just a question regarding this nomone app, just applied 1080 by 1920 dpi 530 applied the changes... but still showing up current settings at 1440x2560 640 dpi any ideas why?

Reactions: _-..zKiLLA..-_

Enddo

Oct 31, 2013
Atlanta, Ga.
www.youtube.com
It's kind of sad that one of the phone's biggest selling points, at least in the public eye and to the spec whores, is also something a lot of us wish we could have sacrificed in favor of better battery. My heart is pretty much set on this phone, but I'm waiting on an official Moto X+1 announcement before I commit.

but why is it sad? seeing this post makes me think about dropping my 1080p nexus 5 down to 720p to see what the battery savings are like

everyone has different tastes and preferences. just because it features a QHD display doesn't mean everyone feels that sacrifice is worth it

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

just a question regarding this nomone app, just applied 1080 by 1920 dpi 530 applied the changes... but still showing up current settings at 1440x2560 640 dpi any ideas why?

do you have root?

leomd333

Feb 20, 2013
I had over 1hr screen time at 90% after non stop 1hr use, comparing this to your time, it seems the extra pixels dont do much. Theoreticly I can get over 5hrs according to this screenshot. Phone has been on since, 12pm, it's 19:30 now.
evu9aneg.jpg

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: drock212

misiokicio

Jul 4, 2010
Bathgate
but why is it sad? seeing this post makes me think about dropping my 1080p nexus 5 down to 720p to see what the battery savings are like

everyone has different tastes and preferences. just because it features a QHD display doesn't mean everyone feels that sacrifice is worth it

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

do you have root?

Yeah, running SuperSU

poor me lol, sorry, i did gave the app supersu permissions but it did not accept, just changed again in superSU app,, all working fine

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Batt is at 90% after an hr of moderate usage. Screen on time is also an hr as i have surfing and playing games non stop. Rather impressive compared before rooting. Basically what i did was root my phone. Ran android tweaker 2. Ran disable service app. Lastly using noneme, i am running 1920 x 1080 with 530 dpi. Difference before was huge!

Battery is standing at 90% after an hr of rather heavy usage. Screen on time is also an hr as i have been surfing and playing games non stop. Rather impressive compared before rooting. Basically what i did was root my phone. Ran android tweaker 2. Ran disable service app. Lastly using nomone, i am running 1920 x 1080 with 530 dpi. Will monitor and post my final screen on time after it completely drains.
    What did you do to have 4 hours SOT and 50% battery? How you keep brightness?
    Haven't really done anything. I'm at 58% brightness (auto brightness on), bluetooth,Wifi, LTE, location services all on.

Only things I've done are to root it, disable MLT, remove most of the preinstalled bloatware using Titanium Backup, and Greenify most of my user apps. That's it.

Today I've not been out of the house much so not used LTE or location services, but on a regular work day I use my phone as a satnav with GPS and cellular connections active while streaming music to my car audio via bluetooth, plus frequently checking emails/Whatsapp and browsing the internet at work.
    Most days I still have 30%+ battery left when I go to bed. Battery on the G3 is much better than other Android and iOS devices I have used.

No need to be messing about with changing the resolution - what's the point of having the world's first quad HD phone when you are going to be running it at HD resolution and ending up with weird UI glitches as aboce.

Perhaps I'm in the minority, but the only reason I'm hesitant to buy this phone is because it's 2560x1440 and that will kill the battery. If I knew how to change the screen to 1920x1080 I'd do it in a heartbeat if I get the phone. The G3 is significantly smaller and lighter than the 7A fwiw.

To the OP: Be sure to screenshot your stats at the end of your charge and share them. Enjoy.
    I'm using an unrooted LG G3 and I dont get the people who say that it has a poor battery life.