Constant SMS Failed to send after 4.4.3 Update?

Search This thread

Nolam20

Aug 30, 2011
Hey guys,

For about two days now, ever since I updated my Nexus 5 (running on T-Mobile) to 4.4.3 using the OTA, Google Hangouts is failing to send texts in phases. For one hour or so it'll fail every other text until I resend it, then after that it works for a few hours again perfectly fine, then back to failing some.

I'm going to try using Evolve SMS for a bit to see if it happens there, but something tells me this isn't Hangouts' fault.

I am rooted and have a custom recovery, but it's been that way for months (Before 4.4.3 update) and I doubt would affect it.

Thanks,
David

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Try cheating the cache in hangouts. If that doesn't work uninstall it, reboot, and then reinstall it from play store

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Nolam20

Aug 30, 2011
Try cheating the cache in hangouts. If that doesn't work uninstall it, reboot, and then reinstall it from play store

I'll do that, I just cleared my cache/dalvik too. Unfortunately Hangouts is hardwired into stock so I can only uninstall updates, but if it acts up again I'll try that.

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
I'll do that, I just cleared my cache/dalvik too. Unfortunately Hangouts is hardwired into stock so I can only uninstall updates, but if it acts up again I'll try that.

Do you have titanium backup? You can delete from there

Nolam20

Aug 30, 2011
I was also having this issue using Chompsms. Reverted back to 4.4.2 and the issue is gone. Also on T-Mobile

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I think it was with T-Mo in my area. My friend was on Nexus 5 stock 4.4.2 and having the problem, it's since gone.

Tldr: Issue resolved itself, was likely T-Mobile's side