[Q] Xperia S .96 trojan (after root with chinese tool)?

Search This thread

daddo1980

Jan 15, 2008
I rooted my Sony Xperia S with .96 kernel (usually impossible to root) with a chinese software... it worked but it also installed a kind of trojan in my phone, which from time to time will install some useless softwares in my phone (and who knows what else will do)...i hard reset the phone with Sony PC Companion, then format the whole memory and hard reset again from the phone options, including internal memory deletion...but the day after, a new chinese app appeared in my phone, so, the virus survived... (i tried antiviruses but they havent found anything)
anyone able to help me?

nik012003

Oct 10, 2013
Foggia
I rooted my Sony Xperia S with .96 kernel (usually impossible to root) with a chinese software... it worked but it also installed a kind of trojan in my phone, which from time to time will install some useless softwares in my phone (and who knows what else will do)...i hard reset the phone with Sony PC Companion, then format the whole memory and hard reset again from the phone options, including internal memory deletion...but the day after, a new chinese app appeared in my phone, so, the virus survived... (i tried antiviruses but they havent found anything)
anyone able to help me?
Use factory reset now.

Mirhawk

Jan 31, 2014
so, any advice about how to proceed?
or my only hope is to continuously reset the phone?
Take backup of only required files(images, videos, songs) and format sdcard too. Don't take backup of any apps or even the backup of apps.
Be warned though, install ROM first before You format sdcard, You won't be install the ROM after doing it. You can also try to flash stock ftf and clearing everything.

daddo1980

Jan 15, 2008
Take backup of only required files(images, videos, songs) and format sdcard too. Don't take backup of any apps or even the backup of apps.
Be warned though, install ROM first before You format sdcard, You won't be install the ROM after doing it. You can also try to flash stock ftf and clearing everything.

i did it before, format the "card" (because this phone have only build in memory) then reset the phone again...
but this damn virus is still working...

some kind of HARD RESET is more effective than some other one?
maybe hard reset pushing keys?(havent tried this one yet)