[Q] LeeDroid v5.4 and Evo3D GSM - Wifi not working?

Search This thread

fliptoback

Apr 28, 2012
Hi,

I am new to this forum. I have just flashed the latest version of LeeDroid v5.4 onto my EVO3D. Everything works except wifi.

My EVO3D is GSM and Hboot 1.49.0018 has been unlocked via htcdev,

security is still S-ON as I do not intend to flash a new kernel.

I have flashed revolution recovery into the phone as well.

Everything from LeeDroid 5.4 works except WIFI, which is unable to be enabled. It says an error.

Could someone please lend me a hand please?

Many thanks
fliptoback

fliptoback

Apr 28, 2012
Hi, thanks for the quick response.

I had a look of the faq previously...to my understanding, the faq with reference to the wifi issue refers to wifi calling (TMOUS)...I am not quite sure what that means though...

Could u pls clarify?

Thanks again.

Edit: I googled a bit more on wifi calling and I believe this is a service provided by T-Mobile? I am in Australia and we don't have this kind of wifi calling service here.

Is this patch still relevant to my current issue with LeeDroid not able to enable WIFI? Thanks again.

Last edited:

NamenIos

Nov 26, 2010
Sony Xperia Z
HTC EVO 3D
I dont really know if it helps, but I guess it shouldn't hurt your phone. The patch seems to be an apk file and is named SignalBoost.apk, so I would definitely try it.

Did you enable the "*Optional Orange UK Signal boost/WiFi calling selectable in Aroma" on installing? Maybe this option is a problem.

It could be that the stock kernel is not compatible, but I did not see any information that it wouldn't.

fliptoback

Apr 28, 2012
Thanks guys for your response.

Is flashing the kernel the only way to resolve this? To flash the kernel I would need to downgrade the bootloader before I can do S-off.

Kemanorell

Mar 19, 2012
You can flash the Kernel via ADB-commands.
Take the file boot.img from the rom archive.
Put it in the directory on your computer, that contains ADB.exe and fastboot.exe.
Enter to the HBOOT (hold volume(-) and press power, then choose fastboot)
Connect to the computer vith USB (You'll see "Fastboot USB" on the device screen)
Open CMD, navigate (in DOS-window) to your ADB-directory and write:

fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot reboot

The phone will reboot, you have WiFi. The problem caused because you are S-ON.

Reactions: roticanai

ozlokie

Nov 17, 2008

Is flashing the kernel the only way to resolve this? To flash the kernel I would need to downgrade the bootloader before I can do S-off.

Just download and install flash image gui app either from the forums (free, forgot where the link is) or from market for about $1. This let's you flash kernels with ease. Might help to wipe dalvik and cache as well as fix permissions afterwards too.
Or just install 4ext recovery and use their smartflash enabled mode.
Hope this helps get it working! I'm Aussie, s-on, and never bothered to downgrade either.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using XDA

Reactions: fliptoback

fliptoback

Apr 28, 2012
Thanks ozlokie!!!!

I followed your advice, bought the $1 flash image gui from google play, use it to flash the latest kernel to the phone, reboot and I HAVE WIFI!!!!

All without downgrading hboot and mucking around with S-off.

I can't believe this is not documented elsewhere on the internet! I have been searching all day and see nothing like this mentioned.

That app is a GEM. Thanks again ozlokie and thanks again everyone who chip in and try to help.

I can finally take a rest from the PC now. It has been a looooonng day. :)

strykerider

Feb 7, 2012
Tangerang
Thanks ozlokie!!!!

I followed your advice, bought the $1 flash image gui from google play, use it to flash the latest kernel to the phone, reboot and I HAVE WIFI!!!!

All without downgrading hboot and mucking around with S-off.

I can't believe this is not documented elsewhere on the internet! I have been searching all day and see nothing like this mentioned.

That app is a GEM. Thanks again ozlokie and thanks again everyone who chip in and try to help.

I can finally take a rest from the PC now. It has been a looooonng day. :)

S-Off is unnecessary at this point, i have a same problem just like you and it solve without using a flash image GUI, just in case you wanna use another ROM, try to push a boot.img, as explain above, mate.. :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can flash the Kernel via ADB-commands.
    Take the file boot.img from the rom archive.
    Put it in the directory on your computer, that contains ADB.exe and fastboot.exe.
    Enter to the HBOOT (hold volume(-) and press power, then choose fastboot)
    Connect to the computer vith USB (You'll see "Fastboot USB" on the device screen)
    Open CMD, navigate (in DOS-window) to your ADB-directory and write:

fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot reboot

The phone will reboot, you have WiFi. The problem caused because you are S-ON.

Just download and install flash image gui app either from the forums (free, forgot where the link is) or from market for about $1. This let's you flash kernels with ease. Might help to wipe dalvik and cache as well as fix permissions afterwards too.
    Or just install 4ext recovery and use their smartflash enabled mode.
    Hope this helps get it working! I'm Aussie, s-on, and never bothered to downgrade either.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using XDA