[Q] Converted M8 to GPE restarting its self

Search This thread

tmulhearn

Dec 9, 2009
Guys,

Have a problem with my M8 and not sure what's the cause of it all. Its an M8 that's been converted to a GPE edition via: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2708589.

Problem:

The phone keeps restarting randomly, comes on for about a minute and then restarts.

How it started:

Just received the phone back from HTC, I sent it in to get a loose speaker grill fixed. Up until then the phone has been fine on GPE (4.4.2). Prior to me sending it in, the phone had an unlocked boot loader, s-off, custom recovery and rooted.

I made HTC aware of the state of my phone as well as telling them that its an original M8 converted into a GPE version, They didn't have a problem with it and fixed the device under warranty. But on receiving the phone back, HTC have relocked the boot loader and put s-on back, its still rooted.

So first thing i did was unlock the boot loader which went smoothly, next up was firewater to get s-off back. That didn't worked as HTC has apparently patched the exploit so im still with s-on.

After that is where its all gone down hill :D, tried a nandroid backup, worked initially then the restart began. Did a factory reset and that seemed to work until I tried installing apps, and then the problem came back.

Does any one have any idea what might be the cause or solution? If i had s-off id re flash the RUU, but obviously cant do that.

Wickedd

Jul 20, 2008
Hey there,
I'm having exactly the same problem i dont have a google play edition but since yesterday Spotify crashed and my phone keeps rebooting. Now i want to try and install Viper to see if it will solve my problem but right now i am on stock rom.

tmulhearn

Dec 9, 2009
Hey there,
I'm having exactly the same problem i dont have a google play edition but since yesterday Spotify crashed and my phone keeps rebooting. Now i want to try and install Viper to see if it will solve my problem but right now i am on stock rom.

Let me know how it goes

arDr0id

Sep 17, 2010
The reason for the reboots is SuperSU v2.00

after updating SuperSU my phone gone completely crazy and keeps rebooting every 1 or 2 minutes, had to Disable the app and no problem so far

hope ChainFire fix it ASAP

Reactions: Wickedd

Wickedd

Jul 20, 2008

after updating SuperSU my phone gone completely crazy and keeps rebooting every 1 or 2 minutes, had to Disable the app and no problem so far

OH i was thinking about something like that, when i check my active processes Right before it reboots, SuperSu is on. I was just about to sideload viper, now i might try this for a sec !

Hang on

Edit : That works, SuperSu is screwed..

Last edited:

tmulhearn

Dec 9, 2009
OH i was thinking about something like that, when i check my active processes Right before it reboots, SuperSu is on. I was just about to sideload viper, now i might try this for a sec !

Hang on

Edit : That works, SuperSu is screwed..

im still on SU 1.94 were you on SU2.0 ?

Wickedd

Jul 20, 2008
I was on version 2.0, any more questions ? I'm going to flash to Viper in a couple of moments ;)

tmulhearn

Dec 9, 2009
You might be right, on SU 1.94 and no restarts. Trouble only happens if i get the latest version.:good:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.