Error "W7DS"

Search This thread

Ilxaot

May 1, 2013
Parrish
I'm sorry I do not speak English very well, that the error be happening to me is when I go to install the CM11, says my device is "w7ds" and not "w7", what can I do about it? I'm sorry for English.
No no your English is okay:) I understand now, I had not understood what you were originally asking. What is "w7?" I don't know what that means.

Poti125

Aug 24, 2014
No no your English is okay:) I understand now, I had not understood what you were originally asking. What is "w7?" I don't know what that means.

is because my LG L90 d410 device is not installing the most current CM11, only the former, the first cm11 being with many bug's and the error to be happening is that my device is "w7ds" and the cm11 is "w7" just the first cm11 is also "w7ds" the other is "w7"

k2wl

Apr 19, 2008
use latest build from Quarx. he has added support for d410nh recently.
your device will get detected automatically during install.
w7 is a code name for lg l90
w7ds is dual sim variant.

Poti125

Aug 24, 2014
use latest build from Quarx. he has added support for d410nh recently.
your device will get detected automatically during install.
w7 is a code name for lg l90
w7ds is dual sim variant.

but my friend, by the time I'm installing I get an error "w7" and says that my device is "w7ds" and not install!

k2wl

Apr 19, 2008
you are using latest nightly???

are u flashed correct aboot.bin for your device for unlocking??

or

extract the zip
in META-INF/com/google/android/
open updater-script and change
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "w7" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "w7" || abort("This package is for \"w7\" devices; this is a \"" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "\"."););

to

assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "w7ds" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "w7ds" || abort("This package is for \"w7ds\" devices; this is a \"" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "\"."););

Reactions: Zeus_hk and Poti125

Zeus_hk

Sep 24, 2015
Thank you so much sir
It worked for me! :)
For those of you who donot know how this works
All you have to do is
Place the caynogen mod 11 zip file on your desktop
Open it using WinZip
Then open META-INF
Then open com
Then double click google
And then open android
Now what you see is 2 files
1.update-binary
2.updater-script
Now what you have to do is drag and drop the "updater script" on your desktop
Now, open this updater-script with a piece of software called "Notepad ++"
Now make changes as described in the comments above by k2wl (I.e changes from w7 to w7ds)
And then save it
Now what you have to do is drag and drop this modified updater script rite back into the zip and hit enter
And then paste this modified zip into your ext SD card
And flash cm mod 11 as usual to your lg l90 D410ds

I know it was all explained in the comments above but when I first read them I had no idea how to find and edit the updater script
So I tried to make it easy for any person who comes looking for a solution for this problem and is not that much familiar with coding.
Of course much respect to all the members who created and resolved this thread. :)

Top Liked Posts