Verizon Bootloader Petition For The Samsung Galaxy S3 [Sign here]

Search This thread

incubus26jc

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 12, 2009
Illinois
verizon-lock-540x438.jpg

Verizon's Bootloader is either Locked, encrypted etc... for the Samsung Galaxy S3

It may get unlocked Unofficially in the near future. Do not be satisfied wth this.

We need it Officially Unlocked by Verizon.

Here is a prime example of why we want it Official
Hello guys.

I started contacting Engadget who will probably run a story about this Verizon-specific bootloader lock on Galaxy S III.

I want this bootloader change to be reverted, it's a huge mistake Verizon makes here.
Also, clearly I suggest to anyone here returning their device, get your money back, switch of carrier if needed and buy something else instead.

If anyone is wondering, I won't publish any apps (like planned Display Expert) on this Verizon device because even if eventually an unlocking method or workaround is found, it's likely it will be broken by future firmwares updates.

It means there's a too high risk users or buyers of my root apps will be unable to use it at some point, being disappointed and frustrated, sorry pals.

And I got in the loop Anandtech as well. No promises but there will be coverage.

The only thing we can do at this point is protest this any way we can.

I am asking each and everyone of you on Verizon or any other Carrier to Sign below.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/verizon-bootloader-petition/

I am also asking that anyone with any access to news sites, Verizon on Twitter, Facebook, etc... or knows anyone that does... call them out. Blow up there Twitter accounts.

Anything you can do to help the cause

We need to do this on a massive scale and force them to Officially unlock the boot loader.

THE KEY IS BAD PRESS FOR VERIZON

Leave a comment below.

Thanks, Incubus

Here are some sites that have picked up the story already. Let me know when you find more.
http://m.androidcentral.com/verizons-galaxy-s-iii-looks-have-protected-bootloader
http://www.droid-life.com/2012/07/0...d-about-the-bootloader-on-verizons-galaxy-s3/

Last edited:

ftmaniac948

Aug 28, 2011
I sent a report to phandroid so look for them hopefully soon. But I'm in il sign up my bad kidney as well

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

jgalan14

Jul 8, 2010
Las Vegas
verizon-lock-540x438.jpg

Verizon's Bootloader is either Locked, encrypted etc...

I am asking each and everyone of you on Verizon or not to Sign below.

I am also asking that anyone with any access to news sites, Verizon on Twitter, Facebook, etc... or knows anyone that does... call them out. Blow up there Twitter accounts.

We need to do this on a massive scale and force them to Officially unlock the boot loader.

Thanks, Incubus

Here are some sites that have picked up the story already. Let me know when you find more.
http://m.androidcentral.com/verizons-galaxy-s-iii-looks-have-protected-bootloader
http://www.droid-life.com/2012/07/0...d-about-the-bootloader-on-verizons-galaxy-s3/

I'm on tmobile but I'll sign for a recognized developer, this will delay myns rom :(

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: AustinB3000

nosympathy

Dec 19, 2010
Cincinnati
haha the invisible petition. switch off verizon while your ahead. this will do as much good as the motorola one did. Verizon aint unlockin it, n u could take that to the bank

worked for us with HTC phones. Goes for all carriers tho, but still petitions and yelling later, and HTC Dev unlock allows many phones from HTC to have unlocked bootloaders.

ilkevinli

Feb 21, 2007
NYC
Sorry but these online petitions are a waste of time. I can't recall 1 that has ever worked. Sad but true.

Gr8Danes

Aug 6, 2010
I'm on AT&T, but I'll sign. It worked for the Atrix when it came out and Motorola got all the bad press......a key was leaked.

antawnm26

Apr 3, 2008
Atlanta
Chatted with samsung live tech:

Chat Information Please wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.

Chat Information You are now chatting with 'Sergio '. There will be a brief survey at the end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today.

Chat Information Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK56401291330X

Sergio : Hi, thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. How may I help you today?

Visitor: why is the verizon samsung galaxy s3 bootloader locked or encypted?

Visitor: All other versions does not have a locked/encrypted bootloader

Sergio : I understand that you want to know the information about the locked/encrypted bootloader for verizon samsung galaxy S-III device. Is that correct?

Visitor: I just recieved mine and i will be returning it asap. this is ridiculous, and its getting negative press at this moment

Visitor: yes

Sergio : Thank you.

Sergio : I will be glad to I will be glad to assist you.

Sergio : May I know the model number of your phone ? You can find the model number beneath the phone's battery which generally starts with SGH, SCH or SPH .

Visitor: its the verizon samsung galaxy s3

Visitor: SCH-I535

Visitor: Why is the bootloader locked/encrypted?

Sergio : Would you mind if I place you on hold for 3 minutes while I pull up the details regarding this issue?

Visitor: ok i will hold

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    verizon-lock-540x438.jpg

Verizon's Bootloader is either Locked, encrypted etc... for the Samsung Galaxy S3

It may get unlocked Unofficially in the near future. Do not be satisfied wth this.

We need it Officially Unlocked by Verizon.

Here is a prime example of why we want it Official
    Hello guys.

I started contacting Engadget who will probably run a story about this Verizon-specific bootloader lock on Galaxy S III.

I want this bootloader change to be reverted, it's a huge mistake Verizon makes here.
    Also, clearly I suggest to anyone here returning their device, get your money back, switch of carrier if needed and buy something else instead.

If anyone is wondering, I won't publish any apps (like planned Display Expert) on this Verizon device because even if eventually an unlocking method or workaround is found, it's likely it will be broken by future firmwares updates.

It means there's a too high risk users or buyers of my root apps will be unable to use it at some point, being disappointed and frustrated, sorry pals.

And I got in the loop Anandtech as well. No promises but there will be coverage.

I am asking each and everyone of you on Verizon or any other Carrier to Sign below.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/verizon-bootloader-petition/

THE KEY IS BAD PRESS FOR VERIZON

Leave a comment below.

Thanks, Incubus

Where do I sign?
    I'm on Sprint but I want to help you guys on Verizon

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
    haha the invisible petition. switch off verizon while your ahead. this will do as much good as the motorola one did. Verizon aint unlockin it, n u could take that to the bank
    Signed! You guys have my support...coming from At$t..
    Wait a second.... Am I on XDA? I had to check again to make sure i was not on BOB'S Discount Android ROM site. This will be hacked in a few days. Quit crying and tell your mom you changed your mind and want her to keep your line with verizon.