[ROM][Team WHOMP!] Whompasaurus Rom V1.0 -Feel the ROAR!!! [ALL4] 2/20/13

Search This thread

wjdzm

Feb 6, 2013
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2152530

This post seems to be talking about the similar thing... Not sure how he fixed it though..

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

So I think i found my problem...

I installed Mod version of the ROM before installing the full version....

I read through the thread but no one wrote an answer to this.

How do i fix this bootloop now that I know the problem is that I installed Mod version before the full version?

djsbad

May 9, 2012
Just want to say great ROM just came to the Note 2 from the S3 and this is the first ROM for this Note 2. Everything works great and really like PIE on this. Great job!!

Yeah, I have no clue what the pie is and I'm too busy to try and figure it out. It looks complicated.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: hopesrequiem

sleevasteve

Mar 21, 2012
Yeah, I have no clue what the pie is and I'm too busy to try and figure it out. It looks complicated.

It does appear complicated at first but if you're using LMT, just start assigning apps/navigation controls under the Pie menu to the right. You can have a long press for each piece of the pie too, and then you can even do a 2nd level/layer. I make my first layer navigation controls(the way it looks by default-just reassign the same controls, then I have my "dock" apps set in the 2nd layer. Long pressing any of them will also do a secondary command.

One of the nicest launchers I've come across. I install it on all of my devices now.

Here is a quick tutorial that might be helpful https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80KhR94n_Ss&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my Inverted Beans ROM @ 240 DPI

Last edited:
Reactions: djsbad

Dugall12

Dec 3, 2009
You know how you can press the S-Pen button circle an object of the screen and it snips it, then it pops up on the bottom with a list of apps to share with, well I couldn't get that to work on this rom. It takes the snippet but the share options don't show up. Anybody else? Otherwise I'm loving this rom.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

hopesrequiem

May 27, 2011
You know how you can press the S-Pen button circle an object of the screen and it snips it, then it pops up on the bottom with a list of apps to share with, well I couldn't get that to work on this rom. It takes the snippet but the share options don't show up. Anybody else? Otherwise I'm loving this rom.

I never knew that was an option! Omg I learn something new about this crazy phone every day lol

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Dugall12

brichards322

Apr 17, 2009
I just installed on my i605 and kept getting FC's on Google Play. I wiped and reinstalled to no avail...same issue. I love the customization options and whatnot but can't live without the market. Not sure if the problem is isolated to just my device or common.

wjdzm

Feb 6, 2013
You have to install ssuggest with the rom or this feature will not work for the cropping.

Hey... My phone is on a boot loop that won't let me enter the Recovery mode (Volume Up + Home + Power).

This happened after I installed the Mod version before installing the Full version...

Can you help me fix this?

djsbad

May 9, 2012
Most likely. The mod is just that, mods. When entering aroma, choose the top option to install the full rom.

evolutioncsr

Apr 12, 2008
Arlington, TX
Red Magic 6S Pro
I was on Vanilla Rootbox.
I wiped date/cache, factory reset, and system.

Is this loop happening because I installed the mod version before the full version?

Coming from rootbox im pretty sure there are some steps you have to take to downgrade back to 4.1.2. Im not all to sure about what needs to be done, but I know that's how it is on sprint. I think someone linked something a few pages back. Im going to look into more for you and see if I can find anything similar to your problem. Let me know if you find something in the mean time.

Reactions: kintwofan

kintwofan

Jul 1, 2011
Irmo, SC
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 1 III
Coming from rootbox im pretty sure there are some steps you have to take to downgrade back to 4.1.2. Im not all to sure about what needs to be done, but I know that's how it is on sprint. I think someone linked something a few pages back. Im going to look into more for you and see if I can find anything similar to your problem. Let me know if you find something in the mean time.

I haven't ran it, but reading the op or days you need to flash a file to fix your sd card before downgrading.

We've already told him all this on the thread he started. I suggest we keep the discussion there so as to not clutter this devs thread because users can't follow instructions.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=38388802

Last edited:

wjdzm

Feb 6, 2013
I haven't ran it, but reading the op or days you need to flash a file to fix your sd card before downgrading.

We've already told him all this on the thread he started. I suggest we keep the discussion there so as to not clutter this devs thread because users can't follow instructions.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=38388802

I really appreciate your help guys.

Vanilla RB thread does have a downgrade file for me to download.
However, I am unable to flash that file (in zip format) as I cannot enter Recovery mode via Volume Up + Home +Power.

If there is a way for me to flash this zip file through Odin, download mode, or some other methods, that would be a great help!

kintwofan

Jul 1, 2011
Irmo, SC
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 1 III
I really appreciate your help guys.

Vanilla RB thread does have a downgrade file for me to download.
However, I am unable to flash that file (in zip format) as I cannot enter Recovery mode via Volume Up + Home +Power.

If there is a way for me to flash this zip file through Odin, download mode, or some other methods, that would be a great help!

Take it to your thread did you miss that point. To answer your question I don't believe so. That's why it says to flash before

hopesrequiem

May 27, 2011
Sadly he scared me enough to switch back to cleanrom. I know I'm a sad case haha. Waiting on another release. Tapatalk would never remember what page I was reading on here. That's the only reason I switched off. So for that being my ONLY complaint, that means the rom is already fantastic. One more release and I'll be back ASAP

djsbad

May 9, 2012
I didn't let him scare me. I'm still running whompasauras. I've had no issues whatsoever.

Reactions: Bradh024

hopesrequiem

May 27, 2011
I didn't let him scare me. I'm still running whompasauras. I've had no issues whatsoever.

It wasn't even him. Just I've seen a lot of brick posts lately. It's freaking me out. This is the first device that I didn't get any insurance on so I'll be stuck with a 4s if I screw up lol

adampa1006

May 11, 2011
OnePlus 9 Pro
Just wanted to pop in and say the Rom is running great although I did have an install hang like a few people reported. I know you had the phone for a bit and I dunno if you have it still but I don't mind if you are building blind. I appreciate the work Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    teamwhomp.jpg

presents_zps5069f28b.jpg

WhompasaurusRom_zps3c005903.jpg

whomp.jpg

An ultra smooth, rock stable, and tweaked out stock rom! Offering great battery life, endless options, and putting the installation of the rom in the control of the user. Team Whomp is dedicated toward improving this rom and listening to the users to make it greater.

theteam_zps88686065.jpg

EvolutionCSR: Developer
    Cincyelite22: Developer

romfeatures_zps66bdfec6.jpg

Code:
    [center]
    [SIZE="3"][I]
    [u][B][COLOR="blue"]Aroma Installer:[/COLOR][/B][/u][/center]
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Installation Options:[/COLOR][/B]Full Install, Mod and Theme Install
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Touchwiz Launchers:[/COLOR][/B]TW 4x4, TW5x6, Rotating TW4x4, Rotating TW 5x6
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Optional Launchers:[/COLOR][/B]Nova, Apex, Android 4.2 Launcher
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Status Bar Transparency:[/COLOR][/B]No Transparency, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Notification Pull Down Transparency:[/COLOR][/B]No Transparency, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Quick Toggle Colors:[/COLOR][/B] Stock, Baby Blue, Blue, Green, Magenta, Orange, Purple, Red, Yellow
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Drop Down Bar Colors:[/COLOR][/B] Stock, Baby Blue, Blue, Green, Magenta, Orange, Purple, Red, Yellow
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Battery Mods:[/COLOR][/B] Stock, Blue Circle, Circles, Digital Numbers, Green Circle, ICS Circle, Meter, Red, Stars, Stock W/ Percent
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Center Clock:[/COLOR][/B] Align Clock Center, Align Clock Right
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Optional Mods:[/COLOR][/B] Call Recording, Resizable Popup Browser, Ad Block, Increased Volume Levels, Auto Correct for Samsung Keyboard, On Screen Navigation Keys
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Google:[/COLOR][/B] Play Store, Maps, Street, Google Now & Search, GMail, GTalk, Youtube, Play Music, Play Books, Play Magazines
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Samsung:[/COLOR][/B] All Share, Groupcast, Kies, Media Hub, Music Hub, Mobile Print, Samsung Apps, Pen Apps, S Suggest, S Voice, S Cloud
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Miscellaneous:[/COLOR][/B] Accuweather Apps, Adobe Flash, Amazon Apps, Dropbox, NFL Mobile, Polaris Office, VPN Client, Yahoo Apps, Flipboard, Live Wallpapers,Verizon Apps, Swype
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Jelly Bean Apps:[/COLOR][/B] Jelly Bean Keyboard, Jelly Bean Camera, Jelly Bean Desckclock
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Social Media:[/COLOR][/B] XDA, Twitter, Facebook, Google +
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-File Managers:[/COLOR][/B] ES File Explorer, Stock Samsung File Explorer
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Kernels:[/COLOR][/B] Stock Kernel, Perseus Kernel V32.1, Saber Kernel V13.4
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Boot Animation:[/COLOR][/B] Fossil Animation, Whomp on Fire Animation
    [b][center]
    [COLOR="navy"]
    -4in1 Reboot
    -5x6 TouchWiz Launcher W/ Scrolling Wallpaper
    -8 Color Options for Quick Toggles and Drop Down Bar
    -23 Quick Settings Toggles Mod
    -Awesome Beats Audio Mod
    -Ad Block
    -Android 4.2 Launcher, GMail, Keyboard, Camera, & Desk Clock
    -AOSP Lockscreen Option
    -AROMA Installer
    -Battery Tweaks
    -Black Status Bar
    -Build.prop Tweaks
    -Busy Box Support
    -Call Record Mod
    -Camera in Call enabled
    -Camera enabled with low battery
    -Camera Shutter Sound Option
    -Center Clock Mod
    -Contacts Tweaks
    -Custom Boot Animation
    -Debloated!
    -Disabled Full Charge Notification
    -Increased Call and Speaker Volume
    -MultiWindow w/ All apps enabled and 50% opacity
    -Multiple Kernel Selections
    -Network Tweaks
    -Notification LED Customization
    -On Screen Navigation Buttons
    -Percent Battery Mods
    -Perseus Kernel
    -Retheme and Remod Option in AROMA
    -Resizable Popup Browser
    -Rotating TouchWiz Launchers
    -Samsung Auto Correct Keyboard
    -SMS Tweaks
    -Stability
    -Stock Look
    -Stock Fonts
    -SuperUser
    -Transparent Pull Down
    -Transparent Status Bars
    -Volume Buttons as Shutter
    -Volume Skip Track enabled
    -Wallpaper Scrolling
    -Whompasaurus Built in Settings
    -Whompasaurs Wallpapers
    -Wifi Tether Mod[/COLOR][/center]
    [/I][/B][/SIZE]

screenshots_zps43b1a636.jpg

permission_zps9f5a4ab5.jpg

If anyone would like to use the work of Team WHOMP! all we ask is that you give us the credit due :)
    Thread cleaned
    There will be no profanity or disrespect on my forums
    Please read the rules, they are simple and easy to follow
    Please when posting bugs do not sound disgusted (with an ughhh) or entitled
    Simply list what was expected and what actually happened and the methods tried
    We try to encourage development here not discourage which is what happens with flame wars
    Thank you for your cooperation
    Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
    Re: [ROM][Team WHOMP!] Whompasaurus Rom BETA R2 [ALL4] 2/19/13

How about you changing the text color in the OP from blue to a color that's readable?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium
    I agree 100 percent, I have a hard time reading the blue on the phone and not just in this app either. The cnet app uses a lot of blue and I can barely read it.

Goodness gracias!! Really??? This is how we greet two new developers BLINDLY building?

Go kick rocks... You should be kicked out of android. Change your damn background color.

/rant

I do admit some apology for the bugs that have been seen. I had access to the note on verizon for a night but really wanted to use that time to knock out the major beta bugs. I payed a coworker to give me his phone for the night so I could tighten it up. All the current bugs will get fixed and I apologize again for the stuff I missed. Thanks for all the feedback guys!!!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app
    Got my hands on a note II on Verizon till tomorrow. Now that I can see what i've done ill fix a few bugs and we will put this out on official release. That includes a working boot ani. :) Messaging app is missing in beta r2 and status bar is still grey. Those will be fixed. If there is anything anyone else noticed let me know.

Thanks guys.